1. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Steam Greenlight *Please Read*

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BindNation, Jul 10, 2012.

?

Would you support KAG on the Steam Greenlight program?

1. Yes

82.2%
  2. No

17.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BindNation

BindNation Bison Rider

Guys.... This is a MUST if we want KAG's outreach to be in the MILLIONS! I'm sure the developers would agree with me that a game does not build itself on its own and espicially not 'for free,' it cost money. Advertising and sharing takes a big part in that, espeically in Indie games like King Arthur's Gold.

With this new upcoming Steam program, which will allow the Steam community to submit various games to be applied into process which will allow them to become distributed onto the Steam Store. I think thats a pretty crazy way for use to get some nice Steam support for the game, A LOT of legit recogintion and a GREAT way for us to help support the devs and a bigger, brighter KAG community started... GLOBALLY.

Here's the link, please check it out. It won't take more than 5 min to read over. ;)
    http://steamcommunity.com/greenlight/

FYI, it's launching at the END of August. Bookmark that page so you can get all the dirty details and hit it up later.

2. Im_a_Turtle

Im_a_Turtle Haxor

I support the idea, but prepare for an increase of griefers once this is done. It's inevitable :(

3. HERaLD

HERaLD Shark Slayer

Supported. It will be a great way to get KAG better known.

4. jackitch

jackitch :(){ :|: & };: Global Moderator Donator Tester
    1. SharSharShar - [SHARK]

I support this, but I also agree with Im_a_Turtle. The average age of the community will drop and the percentage of decent non-retarded players will drop as well. Coming from my own purely selfish perspective, I would rather play this game with the same people that I usually do, without having to facepalm every time some noob team-mate drops a block on my head. That all said, I hope that the guys that spent countless hours making this game are richly rewarded for their hard work. If it makes them more money, hell to the yes!

5. FG

FG Fran Donator

more servers with passwords on them would be good if there were a lot more greifers.

6. Im_a_Turtle

Im_a_Turtle Haxor

Putting passwords just make those servers very unpopular. Who'd go search around for the password on the forums than just click on the free-to-play server (Which are almost always populated)?

Beef likes this.
  7. Ghozt

Ghozt Haxor

Weird triple post stuff, I will just leave the two posts, some things will be repetitive.

This would be cool, under one condition.

We have a sekrit area, so things like the forums don't get wrecked. :p

This would put an and to the community most likely, at least steam is dominantly populated by more of the older aged people, unlike the Aus pop. now, horrifying.

I think things like this have come up before and most people are split upon it.

I think most people are split upon things like this.

Lose the community, or have more servers with more people playing.

I would pick the first, it's what I play this game for, not the game for but the people I play with, my clan mates, guys like Boner and the guards, it is the most enjoyment I have in a game.

Grindle likes this.
  8. ImAwesome

ImAwesome Haxor

I support this. :-)

BindNation likes this.
  9. Ghozt

Ghozt Haxor

Any reasons?

Grindle likes this.
  10. ImAwesome

ImAwesome Haxor

Mainly because we will (hopefully) get some more good aussie players,
    however I do agree with Im A Turtle that we will have to be prepared for a
    whole new wave of griefers and retarted people.

Grindle likes this.
  11. Contrary

Contrary The Audacious Paramount of Explosive Flight Donator Tester

We should be welcoming new players with open arms. I'm known as a hardass around here but one thing I believe wholeheartedly is that everyone should get a fair shot.

The game needs new blood, do your best to make this happen. Don't wreck this community with your xenophobia.

12. Ghozt

Ghozt Haxor

I understand what you are saying and you put it well.

I now support this even more.

13. delankski

delankski Horde Gibber

Great! I support this for the sake of having more Players! More players < More fun < why? < more servers < more people |< more stalkers (lol. jk) < MORE ETC.

14. The_Khan

The_Khan Bison Rider

From what I've heard around about 40% of "griefers" are just noobs who don't know the game really well. All we need to do is teach them, not insult and ban them.

15. delankski

delankski Horde Gibber

Yep :) And somehow , that 40% of griefers will realize what they're doing .
    And the more we hate them , the more they become happy -_- so we just need to help them realize and teach what to do's and dont's :)

16. Miauw62

Miauw62 Shipwright

No.

As already stated, i dont want to lose this community.
    The C&M builder section would get flooded with the same ideas over and over again, more minecrafters, more griefers...
    More people that demand new features at this exact moment, more dicks. I'm only summing up negative things.

Also, one thing you may want to know,
    STEAM IS NOT DEV HEAVEN. IT MAKES YOU DEPENDANT ON VALVE, YOU WILL HAVE LESS CONTROL OVER YOUR GAME.

IF we do it, i would like there to be a seperate forum section for people who have registered to the forums pre-steam, so we can preserve this community. It sounds very, very selfish, and it is, but i dont want to see this community go.

Canadian98, Ghozt, Worm and 1 other person like this.
  17. delankski

delankski Horde Gibber

But Steam users Sounds cool right? (Well maybe)
    Maybe 70-80% of Steam users are not sooo Griefers, and 20-30% are Griefers..
    When Community Increases ,> KAG Updates. KAG more Updates. KAG more features / modes / etc.... :)?

EDIT: Games are made for everyone. For entertainment , Mind-Strategy test , fun .

BindNation likes this.
  18. Miauw62

Miauw62 Shipwright

Wait, so when the community increases in size, the devs work faster?

SSUUUURREEEEE.

Also, your edit strengtens my point. i want to have FUN with this game. Play with the people that i love playing with.

19. delankski

delankski Horde Gibber

What would you feel , if there are many PLAYERS HAVING FUN and Playing your OWN MADE GAME?

20. Miauw62

Miauw62 Shipwright

How is that a counter-argument?

This is selfish, but i want to have fun in this game, and most fun i have is when i see forum regulars in servers i play in, and play against/with them. Thats how i have my fun.

Beef likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.