1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Art Dump

Discussion in 'Art' started by Lizardheim, May 30, 2011.

1. Im_a_Turtle

Im_a_Turtle Arsonist

A picture i drew while listening to Andrew KW's "Get Ready To Die" Song on youtube.

After i was done and move back from the screen to examine it, I said to myself "Holy fuck turtle, you crazy!" Some brony i am lol

Ogre Rend.png

NotAPirate likes this.
  2. Godrow

Godrow Shopkeep Stealer

Mayne you scary

3. xiaojin67

xiaojin67 King's Entertainer Tester

lol yes that's scary...

Apronymous likes this.
  4. Eggnogg

Eggnogg Ye Olde Wench Donator Tester

I made something frightening
    [​IMG]

Bint, goodyman8, xChapx and 2 others like this.
  5. Gonf

Gonf Base Burner

Nicole Hoschke is a fantastic artist. I know it's not really my paintings but I know her personally and just thought I'd share it here. I hope you all like it. :)

6. Spoolooni

Spoolooni Shark Slayer

I love her paintings that include faces in different perspectives as it's quite interesting in terms of color and design but her contemporary arts in general is "under par."

Though it is contemporary art after all, it's meant to be "rejected" from serious galleries.

7. Gonf

Gonf Base Burner

She never intended to be involved in any art galleries (though she has been offered) and her work is simply a release. I believe that most of the people who posted in this thread didn't expect to make a living out of their art, and neither does Nicole.

8. Maqq

Maqq Shopkeep Stealer

A man made of tiny boxes in a broken box world, carrying a strange round object he found...
    [​IMG]

zerd, NotAPirate, neil_v and 3 others like this.
  9. Im_a_Turtle

Im_a_Turtle Arsonist

That actually seems pretty artistic, like something that picasso would have drawn or ...who's that other artist... nvm Still pretty interesting.

10. Spoolooni

Spoolooni Shark Slayer

Well, it would be logical if Nicole said that herself. However, as artists, we'd know the body language for profit motives would be applying the concept commission in our posts. Though, I respect her for that passion in a non profitable sense.

11. Eggnogg

I created an imaginary alphabet.
    [​IMG]

12. Skurcey

Skurcey Catapult Fodder

13. Im_a_Turtle

Im_a_Turtle Arsonist

Here's something i've been working for a little while, anyone have any suggestions on how to take the rest of this drawing through? (I'm pretty sure a few of you who are brave enough to stroll into the pony thread are familiar to this.)

Also don't worry, i'll be doing a second version of this because there is a whole lot of proportions and line cleaning and etc. i want to do in the future.
    Myzanathr6.png

NotAPirate, neil_v and aroh like this.
  14. Rainbows

Rainbows KAG Guard Forum Moderator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

Is it powered by magic or purely mechanical?
    If it is magic then some glowy aura or similar might come in handy.

15. Im_a_Turtle

Im_a_Turtle Arsonist

I'll go with choice C, All of the Above. Im going for a mixture between the ol' steampunk steam and gears, old bronze/byzantine age architecture, and a tinge of magic. Although i dont really like using any type of magical theme in my drawings because...i just dont i guess. I guess i can throw a big ol' soul gem on its chest to add the magical power source.

16. Rainbows

Rainbows KAG Guard Forum Moderator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

Would the soul gem replace the boiler?
    Also the left eyebrow seems a bit different from the right one. The upper segment seems to be missing.

17. Im_a_Turtle

Im_a_Turtle Arsonist

Yeah, I'll just add a tubular housing around the gem, making it look like the gem's "power" is heating up the water tube around it, creating steamzors!

Noted, will change it later or in the next drawing session on the brass beast

18. Smilecythe

Smilecythe Ballista Bolt Thrower Tester

Unfinished mockup of my project Core of Pulcher
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Bint, aroh, goodyman8 and 4 others like this.
  19. Monsteri

Monsteri Slower Than Light Tester

Time to post some random pixel art I've made. Feedback is welcome and appreciated.
    [​IMG] Some pink cowboy faggot. Dithering sucks but I like the two bigger hearts.
    [​IMG] A knight & ninja mix of some sort. The yellow cloth thingy is supposed to be holding the sword, but it's not very 3D :L

[​IMG]
    I thought to make tiny guns too, and although they're not so tiny, I'm quite satistified in them. Most are based on a real model, but as I suck remembering their names.. feel free to suggest some.

From left to right: The first gun is a SMG, the second gun is Glock, third is just a random knife, fourth is a generic pump shotgun, fourth is a rifle that I think was based on a real-life model too, fifth is a winchester that doesn't look like a winchester, and sixth is a Colt. Then there's a grenade, C4, rocket, stick grenade and a regular bomb :D

[​IMG]

^Face practice, trying to show off some basic emotions. I guess you can see the emotion, but otherwise they aren't too great. x2 might've been good here..

Bint, Contrary, Eggnogg and 1 other person like this.
  20. Eggnogg

Gee, Smilesythe, that HUD is excellent.

arcanecat likes this.