1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Video KAG Clips

Discussion in 'KAG Media' started by Contrary, May 5, 2012.

1. Ghozt

Ghozt Haxor

What happened to the one I suggested?

2. SirSammy

SirSammy Shark Slayer

Still watching the vid - but me being dumb as usual :3

Some tips: It's nice to focus on the history of KAG but the average gamer could care less - not me, I love looking at how a game has evolved. Erm - this commentary was very dull. I think I'd give it maybe 6/10(I laughed 4 times throughout the whole thing which is actually pretty rare for me :huh?:). Maybe you could criticize some players on mic. Talk about life in general? Jokes are awesome too. Gawd this is hard.

3. Mellian-Quar-Xililix

Mellian-Quar-Xililix Haxor

My favorite part started at 4:07 :D

4. WanderMark

WanderMark :) Donator

I find all these different styles of commentating to be so damn interesting. To me personally, it was very important to find myself. What kind of commentator are you, what do you want to achieve with your videos, what makes you comfortable. That's what is is all about.

Speaking for myself here, but it is not so much about the gameplay as it is about the commentary. Someone's level of skill is not relevant to me, I watch pro level tournaments for that. So what I found out is that I should stop trying so hard and concentrate more on my commentary. You should've seen my first video and compare it to the last one I made. I love watching those, seeing the incredible progress that I have made almost makes my eyes tear up.

You know, I did quite enjoy when you asked "What is going on in KAG world?" Maybe do some sort of series talking about topics on the forum while playing the game? That would be intresting, I did quite like the story you had about the catapult as well. I think that making small notes is a good idea if you plan on telling more stories so that you remember where you are. Doing it live is rather difficult, for sure.

One thing, that beautiful voice of yours. Use it even more! It is too amazing not to be used to its full potential. Yo yo.

Contrary and SirSammy like this.
  5. Mellian-Quar-Xililix

I too would like to add that you have a great voice, and you should use it Contrary. I was quite interested when you were talking about the catapults. A little bit of KAG history doesn't hurt to know. However, I particularly liked how you were thinking out loud the problems. I laughed when you were telling Sammy to "Get in damnit". :D

SirSammy likes this.
  6. Contrary

Contrary The Audacious Paramount of Explosive Flight Donator Tester

Hey thanks for all the comments guys. Motivates me to do more, I mean that honestly. You will see more from me.

ghozt: I tried it but I fucked something up so I raged and deleted it.

Rayne likes this.
  7. lukepop

lukepop Arsonist

Uhhhh... your voice is ..... different

8. AnRK

AnRK Shark Slayer

You mean different as in fucking boss? Yeah your right. Also, are you fuck 17, you sound more like a 50 year old Jazz DJ.

9. Contrary

Thanks AnRK. Yeah I'm 17 but I'll be 18 in September.

Here's the last video I'll make with WMM I think. Gonna use something new next video. I'm beginning to think I'm more of a montage maker than a commentator. Also, make sure to watch the video fullscreen, it's a million times better.

FlameHaze3 and SirSammy like this.
  10. lukepop

lukepop Arsonist

Hmmm now all it needs is music.

11. SirSammy

SirSammy Shark Slayer

May I suggest FRAPS? Really nice piece of screen-recording software. Other than that - job well done :D

12. CoD

CoD Haxor

Nice, some of the best bombing skills I've seen.

short_round likes this.
  13. Contrary

What do you guys prefer, no sound or sound with Carver talking in the background?

Also, how does everyone feel about spawn camping?

14. Music. Good music in your videos is what keeps me on youtube, watching your videos.
    If they are bad enough to let you spawn camp, they deserve it.

FlameHaze3 and Contrary like this.
  15. Contrary

Ah thanks! Increasingly I'm finding that syncing up the gameplay with music in various ways is the most interesting part of the process. I had never attended to stop adding music, but I think also having sound effects would add a lot more oomph to the videos.

I am entirely of the same opinion in regards to actually playing the game, but where I am unsure is in regards to videos. What I ask is would it be entertaining purely for the spectacle of seeing so many kills? Or it would it lack entertainment value for that it would simply be me taking advantage of an already dominated team?

Once I find a good editing software and a few more clips I'm going to mess around with more advanced editing techniques and I'm hoping this will make my videos more entertaining.

edit:

16. Monsteri

Monsteri Slower Than Light Tester

I would try adding the game's sound effects in at least one video. It might sound good, it might sound bad, but it's worth a shot. May be worth of shivers if e.g. there's a big explosion and explosion sound, and music starts "rocking" (I don't know how to describe it :]) at the same moment. Regarding your last video - The time you spawn pawned reds with the catapult could definitely have been shorter, at first it was fun to watch but became dull after a short while. Might've been funnier if after shooting them for some time you would've went down with a couple of bombs. And do what knights do.

I like all your videos. Music really does sync with the game, and that creates keeps me staring at the screen. Mostly when watching videos in Youtube I also forum at the same time, but these I have to go 100% through. Not even trying to lick ass here :) Probably gonna subscribe, too.. if this fucking Youtube just will ever sign me up.

17. Contrary

Thanks for the feedback Monsteri! Really good points, especially the bit about the spawn killing part. I figured since I'm still killing people I shouldn't cut the clip just yet, but I'll definitely try to keep an eye out for that in future videos. I experimented a bit with sound, but a lot of them time mining sounds overpower everything and in general it sounds weird due to the fact I speed my clips up (the recent ones, anyways). I might try adding sounds manually.

New video! Make sure to watch in HD fullscreen.

WarrFork, Ej and lehoon like this.
  18. MinecraftExpert

MinecraftExpert Shopkeep Stealer

Just sort of a recommendation here:
    You never stated that you were wanting to try anything free so here:
    Bandicam - less lag to videos due to compression rate - $39
    Fraps - Super laggy but slightly higher quality. Records Uncompressed - $40

Editing Software
    Personally I use Adobe Premiere Pro edit videos, Unfortunately unless you have a bit of spare change it's gonna take a chunk out of your wallet. (for a student that is)

Adobe Premiere Pro
    Sony Vegas
    After Effects CS5 (for short Clips)
    Camstasia?

AT ALL COSTS DO NOT USE HYPERCAM. IT WAS DESIGNED FOR BASIC SCREEN RECORDING AND NOT HEAVY GAMEPLAY XD

Ghozt likes this.
  19. Mellian-Quar-Xililix

More nice videos. :)

However, I do agree with Monsteri that you should add more variety to your videos. Catapulting is funny, especially when you tear down their structures, but I'd like to see more sword and shield action. Maybe some clips of you being surrounded by ten knights and defeating them all would give us more of a thrill?

SirSammy likes this.
  20. MinecraftExpert

MinecraftExpert Shopkeep Stealer

Because you get that opportunity everyday