1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Security Levels

Discussion in 'Community Dev Corner' started by Shadlington, Jun 30, 2012.

Mods: Downburst, Mazey
  1. Jumpout

Jumpout Shopkeep Stealer

You guys work hard on this stuff, I like it! :thumbs_up:

SirSammy likes this.
  2. lavalord

lavalord Haxor Staff Alumni Donator Tester

I think prefer our way, because i want reg users to be able to join when rev user aren't there

Creille likes this.
  3. Shadlington

Shadlington THD Team THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Hrm.
    Menu-based assignment of security levels is turning out to be a bit of a pain in the ass.
    I'm likely scrapping that for the first release these are in (maybe not if I have time during testing).

You are able to modify the files and add then use \rcon \reloadsecurity to reload the files without restarting the game (tested to the point where it will successfully disable the map editor of a user that was currently using it when their access was taken away).

So that will work fine for the time being.

In other news, changes to the security file structure (bans and such) mean that the next autoupdate will wipe all existing black/whitelists, so you'll need to take backups.
    From then on, the new structure will ensure that that never has to happen again (as the lists will exist in their own, totally independent and non-autoupdated files).
    Just giving you a heads up here, I'll be doing a more detailed announcement post soon after I have finalised the file structure. You will have a minimum of 3 days (though likely longer) between the date of said post and the day of the update that will implement said changes.

4. Jumpout

Jumpout Shopkeep Stealer

Stevedog likes this.
  5. Shadlington

What is 'our way'? Kicking reg users when privileged users show up and server is already full?

6. lavalord

lavalord Haxor Staff Alumni Donator Tester

Yes

Creille likes this.
  7. Shadlington

Again, discussed with FliesLikeABrick.
    We're not especially keen on it.

We'll do it the way I've already said (reserved slots are basically extra slots for vips only) but we *might* add it as a server option to kick non-privileged players when its totally full and a privileged player tries to join, disabled by default.

However, a better solution would be to provide the necessary hooks when scripting is more beefed up so that this kind of thing could be custom scripted by the server owners themselves, to their own specifications.

I'm leaning towards the latter, which means it will have to wait until scripting is ready.

8. Shadlington

Changed my mind about forcing you guys to make backups of white/blacklists.
    Instead, the current securitysetup.cfg file is going to be deprecated and a new one will be created in KAG/Base/Security.

This will be the new home of it, the old one won't be touched by autoupdate and so will persist (but it won't be read by the server, it'll basically just be a plain old text file containing your old setup).

Arcite, GloriousToast and Downburst like this.
  9. there should be a mechanism to 'spill' users from privileged to regular slots in both ways, because 3+4/10+4 can happen in both ways without it.

Arcite likes this.
  10. Shadlington

Things relevant to seclevs that I've added to test version:
    - Seclev assignment in-game through rcon and admin menus
    - Reserved slots
    - Class restrictions (no_class_[classname] e.g. no_class_archer)
    - Made admin color override guard color (not kag team purple though)
    - Mute feature (suggested use: make a mute seclev that you assign people to when they're being verbally abusive/spammy/annoying/whatever)
    - Freeze immunity
    - Speedhack ban immunity
    - 'Deny join' feature that essentially bans users. Will be suggested as an alternative to the whitelist (make default seclev deny_join and add players to higher seclevs to grant access) that allows pushing people out of whitelist through rcon/menu (via seclev assignment) and combination with blacklist bans for temp banning your whitelisted players when they're being douchey but not douchey enough to totally remove from the list.
    - /login will work with no password set (which makes the use case of allowing easy swap in/out of super admin easier)

There are other things I've done that aren't relevant too, such as removing the weird restriction that made having more than 3 classes default the new ones to builder, a re-organisation of the admin menu and adding the spectator team to the admin menu.

Arcite and UnnamedPlayer like this.
  11. UnnamedPlayer

UnnamedPlayer Arsenist Administrator Global Moderator Tester
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]

Holy fuck, that's all I was waiting for.
    Now I can finally use speedhack without getting banned on my server, mute those annoying bastards.

I'm jelly of those testers.

EDIT: doesn't ban_immunity prevented speed hack bans?
    EDIT2: we will get a command to mute? Like /rcon /mute -=xXxDrAg0n_Kll3r_Sup3r_Haxx0rxXx=-

rocker2, CheeseMeister and Arcite like this.
  12. Shadlington

Speedhack ban immunity is included as a temp fix to the issue of creating a super-fast builder class getting people kicked. I'll take it out again once we've made the speedhack detection code less stupid.

Arcite likes this.
  13. Antman

Antman Base Burner

Is the VIP star coming soon? And will there be other icons like the star we can use?
    Even if it requires some modding around. :)

EDIT: Different coulored stars would be nice, or different levels such as 1 star, 2 stars and 3 stars set out in a military style?
    Just suggesting stuffs C:

UnnamedPlayer likes this.
  14. Shadlington

Q1: Nope. That's kind of a special case, so it wasn't included in the general blanket case.
    Q2: Relatively soon you will. This mute seclev feature is really just a stopgap (and proof of concept) till I implement a proper mute system. It works well though, especially in conjunction with the new menu-based assignment (create a mute level so you can assign folks to it).

Icons and such are waiting till Geti has time to do them for me.
    Initially we'll just do one or two icons and see how it goes.

UnnamedPlayer and Antman like this.
  15. Froghead48

Froghead48 Haxor

Im pretty sure oyu forgot the "invincible" feature. (it works, try it :rollseyes:)

I was wondering, would there ever be a way to make a team only accessable by Seclevs?

Say, VIP get to be a whole nother team, but only VIP?

16. Downburst

Downburst Mindblown Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Yes, the spectator team :p

But seriously, no.

17. Shadlington

Uh. Actually, yes. Its all on the wiki.

You can restrict classes and teams to certain seclevs.

What do you mean I forgot it? Its on the wiki too!

...does noone read the wiki?

Froghead48 likes this.
  18. Froghead48

Froghead48 Haxor

I meant Here Silly! :$

19. Shadlington

Oh. This topic never got updated after I originally posted it - so there are several things missing that I didn't add until later.
    The wiki is the only thing I kept updated.

Froghead48 likes this.
Mods: Downburst, Mazey