1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

One-Way Shredder

Discussion in 'Building Critiques' started by Ghozt, Jul 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ghozt

Ghozt Haxor

A small shredder that only works one way, there are lot's of ways of making it team (noob) safe, whether you use something similar as I made, or you by-pass it all together.

screen-12-07-16-11-51-05.png screen-12-07-16-11-51-09.png screen-12-07-16-11-51-18.png

Edit// The bottom building is a team-safe version, the top is just the trap itself.

2. jackitch

jackitch :(){ :|: & };: Global Moderator Donator Tester
    1. SharSharShar - [SHARK]

I would love to see a whole team of 16 people run through that... gibs galore!

3. Hella

Hella The Nightmare of Hair Global Moderator Donator Tester

Isn't the very definition of a shredder 'one-way'? In that, you go in one way, and you just don't do much after.

4. lavalord

lavalord Haxor Staff Alumni Donator Tester

Umm ghozt isn't this Soulrealm's design? seriously?

5. Maverick

Maverick Haxor

An enemy knight can slash jump to get on top :P

cleggy, PumpkingSlice and WarrFork like this.
  6. Ghozt

Ghozt Haxor

In a way, yes.

I was talking to Fox and he says this glitch has been out for a while though.

7. Arcite

Arcite Horde Gibber

8. lavalord

lavalord Haxor Staff Alumni Donator Tester

Yes but Soul has been using this exact design for quite a while

Creille and soulrealm like this.
  9. Guro

Guro SNAP INTO A SLIM JIM

Yeah this. You can just shuffle through it very slowly avoiding all damage. It also requires a large amount of resources to build and maintain in comparison to other more simple traps types. This trap suffers from the same problem that a lot of other large traps do; they use up too much resources and time in relation to the amount of kills they will provide. Maybe if a single module of this trap could be modified into a more efficient version or something it would do better. I'd be interested to see how something similar to this would work in a tunnel though.

It just seems a little gimmicky is all. I'd encourage people to toy with the design for this in sandbox as it probably has potential as a single module trap. I plan to do the same and post results here.

Arcite and soulrealm like this.
  10. when you first saw me use it you said: wow
    however no one except has used this often. up until now.

i dislike the fact that you did not mention me. or you first saw it used off me.

infact i had discovered this before i had read about auto spikes and air spikes (i had experimented with spikes for 3 hrs on a weekend). this however was not a glitch, and is how auto spikes worked, according to the thread.

there are reasons why i uses this. it looks very safe.
    however deals 2 hearts damage when player passes through.
    trap can be made team safe in many ways.
    it can be made team safe by preventing your team from contacting the spike: like ghozt did here, he places team bridges above the spike.

as well as making it team safe to pass through: putting a team bridge 2 tiles above the spike.
    :bridge:
    :castle_bg:
    :spikes_bg:

in conclusion: i have rediscovered a safe looking spike trap which looks like it has been bombed out.

i am annoyed at the fact that: since no one used it, i decided to implement it. however ghozt has taken it without at least notifying me. certainly you can say this argument is invalid due to the auto spike/ air spike thread, and therefore i can also argue that:
    so you made all of the trap? you first started to use it of all people and now claim it to be yours by saying: I made?

i am not angry. i am just frustrated/annoyed.

in conclusion: i am just annoyed of the fact i was not at least notified. i understand if you forget. however saying this is a glitch/from another thread when you clearly saw it from me is NOT A LEGITIMATE EXCUSE.

thats all. thank you for understanding my reasoning. and i do hope you appreciate other people's refindings or finds as most of them have achieved through commitment.

11. Downburst

Downburst Mindblown Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester

How can you claim this kind of trap to be yours? It's been around before you even joined the forums?
    https://forum.kag2d.com/threads/228-auto-spikes-air-spikes.2712/ (they worked a bit different there)

Anyway, these kind of spikes usually cost way too much time to build compared to the amount of kills you'll get. As already said people just walk through there slowly.

UnnamedPlayer, Contrary, dnmr and 2 others like this.
  12. you see, in no part of my talk did i say this trap to be mine. i simply said i refound and was the first one to start oftenly using this.

READ THOROUGHLY BEFORE YOU COMMENT?

of course. but it looks like a bombed out trap: then enemies walk through it and receive 2 heart damage. of course it can be made/improved to give a near instant kill, as well as enemies cannot move around easily inside it.
    EDIT:
    I have clear reason to argue about this. I request this thread to be closed if there will be further arguing. Unnecessary Arguments are Unnecessary.
    EDIT2:
    If any of you want to argue, sure, however I will not hold back any more words if you anger me. And of course I will argue formally...
    EDIT3:
    No. The trap depends on it. It works in exactly the same way. However method of making it team-safe is different.

The basis of the trap, which is in the Auto/Air Spike thread, is what is depended on. The simple basic trap itself is not very expensive in materials and is a relatively safe-looking trap that fools enemies. If you implement the basic trap into certain places, it will be highly efficient in damaging/killing enemies while fooling them.

Also a problem with your design Ghozt, my theory of the basic trap is that it is used to fool enemies. However in your design you have recreated an intimidating version of the trap, which disables the specialty of the basic trap. Think, if you were a knight which encountered this, would you walk through it? Therefore it would be a good idea to improve and adapt this trap. Good luck!

Creille and lavalord like this.
  13. Hella

So wait, how did you know Ghozt stole it from you, and not that he just rediscovered it/made his own new design? That sort of thing happens all the time. In fact, I could say that because I use spike traps, you stole the idea from me after using spike traps? It just all seems like uneccesary hot wind to me, but, alackaday, I guess I'm just not expert enough a builder.

Personally, I think it's great for the builder forum to feature a plethora of different designs of similar traps, because it makes it easier to find traps which work effectively..

14. Guro

Guro SNAP INTO A SLIM JIM

I suppose people have a right to be a little shitty if somebody is stealing their design, but when it comes down to it, getting useful information out into the community is more important than whatever scrapings of recognition and praise you get for "inventing" it. Bickering over who invented what is unproductive and should be done via PM in my humble opinion.

I am still waiting for somebody to test a team-safe module of this out in a tunnel. I'd do it myself but I do not have access to KAG at the moment. I think there is a lot to be said for traps in day/night CTF and in tunnels.

Aladdinsane and Rayne like this.
  15. Here you go:
    autospikes.JPG
    30 seconds in sandbox.
    It's a baiting trap. I'm leaving it here for someone to test since I don't really like traps. Also it's obviously very very vulnerable to bombs.

Ghozt and Guro like this.
  16. ParaLogia

ParaLogia tired Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester Official Server Admin

The most efficient way to use it in a tunnel is like this:
    ss (2012-07-20 at 12.31.20).png
    The spike and the broken trapbridge are all that is need to make it do the 2 hearts of damage. Digging 1 block above and putting another (unbroken) bridge there makes it team-specific. From this, you can build on whatever.
    You can also extend it to do more damage like this:
    ss (2012-07-20 at 12.43.24).png

17. Doolie

Doolie Catapult Fodder

ParaLogia I like that design and all but.. You made trees transparant to shoot hiding archers!:QQ: whatever. thanks for the design soulrealm and Ej.

18. ParaLogia

ParaLogia tired Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester Official Server Admin

Read my conversation with Hella on my profile: https://forum.kag2d.com/members/paralogia.2376/#profile-post-13542
    And, on topic of the trap, you can make it work both ways and still be tea safe if you make something like this:
    Edit: Nevermind the picture failed. I'll redo it when I get back on the computer.
    Edit2:
    :dirt::dirt::dirt::dirt::dirt::bridge::bridge::dirt::dirt::dirt::dirt::dirt::dirt:
    :dirt_bg::dirt_bg::dirt_bg::dirt_bg::dirt_bg::ladder_bg::ladder_bg::dirt_bg::dirt_bg::dirt_bg::dirt_bg::dirt_bg::dirt_bg:
    :dirt_bg::dirt_bg::dirt_bg::dirt_bg::dirt_bg::spikes_bg::spikes_bg::dirt_bg::dirt_bg::dirt_bg::dirt_bg::dirt_bg::dirt_bg:
    :dirt::dirt::dirt::dirt::dirt::dirt::dirt::dirt::dirt::dirt::dirt::dirt::dirt:
    Something like this. Ladders in the picture are actually broken trap bridges. It should do 2 hearts going either way but still be teamsafe.

19. Perhaps if people read my post PROPERLY, these comments would be totally unnecessary as it is redundant just as this current post (mine). Same to anyone else.

Did I say he stole it from me? Did I say that? Oh, then I must be blind. Pardon me while I go to the hospital.

Creille likes this.
  20. Hella

I conclude with the statement: Yes, yes, I think you did, actually.
    Shall we take it to a pm? ^_^

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.