1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you have a problem and need help, create a new thread with a title that briefly describes the problem.
    Do not use titles like 'Help!' or 'I have a problem!'
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

The Beep

Discussion in 'General Help' started by rocky4321, Jul 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rocky4321

rocky4321 Horde Gibber

This may sound like a myth or something...:skull:

But I recently hear annoying beeps on some battles..

Sometimes The Beep follows after someone chatted with a blank message.. sometimes not.

I dont know with anyone else but I can hear it when POWER (the clan thingy) chats..

This is not black propaganda against POWER .. it just that.. i notice it.

Anyways.. Help?:huh?:

2. Antman

Antman Base Burner

Alright, I know how to do it myself (not gonig to say for obvious reasons :P ).
    But it's simple, and annoying.. I'm also not gonig to be a dobber.. yet ;)

But one thing is, every time it beeps, a person sends a space bar in or after their message.. so look out for odd space bars and you'll know who is doing it, then report them :)

Sorry to any guard or whoever if I have said too much, edit stuff if needed.

3. FliesLikeABrick

FliesLikeABrick THD Team THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

it sounds like this is getting abused more and more, we'll see about hotfixing this issue

Bammboo and Antman like this.
  4. Antman

Antman Base Burner

Thaks FLAB :)
    I alerted a few Aussie guards about it and now some people will get kicked for abusing, but alot of blaming and stuff is going on, quite annoying.

Thanks for replying so fast.

5. FliesLikeABrick

FliesLikeABrick THD Team THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

we have a fix ready, I'll push a hotfix build out when our build server is back up (should be in the next 12 hours or so)

Note that guards/server admins will kick/ban for this

6. Asu

Asu THD Team THD Team Forum Moderator

It's a idiot of PL ( Not racist, for beep, we need a pl keyboard :/ )... He using *snip* and he send the message, it's beeping :/

Froghead48 likes this.
  7. Antman

Antman Base Burner

That's not really how to do it..
    But please don't say it to everyone how to do it or you'll have 100's of people spamming the game with beeps. :)

8. Froghead48

Froghead48 Haxor

The Wonderfull Beast, known only as BEEP Lurks in the darkness, and when a lone frog with headphones turned up all the way comes along, it strikes.

:QQ:

9. I can assure you that in the whole world there is no such a letter that could be make by pressing *snip*.
    But I'm glad that you put your effort in actual research and started blaming wrong thing after.

10. Froghead48

Froghead48 Haxor

Several, (10 ish) people told me that it was a polish key. mabye he is on the right track?

11. lucasdestroyer

lucasdestroyer Shipwright

Argh, stupid beep, haha, i heard several times yesterday, duh.

12. rocky4321

rocky4321 Horde Gibber

Thanks for the hotfix~

Beef likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.