1. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

[WiP] Rise of the Samurai

Discussion in 'Texture Packs' started by FlamingDragon96, Mar 14, 2012.

1. The_Khan

The_Khan Bison Rider

That actually looks really god. Nice work.

2. TheCrusader

TheCrusader Shopkeep Stealer

Thanks!
    As well as the Blackbeard and Braveheart heads in the pack, I noticed that the point of the sword when shield falling (when you fall and right click below you) is above you in one of the charge frames.
    Here is the fixed sprites. The sword might look smaller than usual, but its better than having a square bottom on a sword and a random grey thing gloating above you.

Attached Files:

3. FlamingDragon96

FlamingDragon96 Shark Slayer

...I kinda already had red, that' why it says under the blue tent "(comes in red too)". But thanks anyway! :)
    </br>--- merged: Jul 14, 2012 4:59 PM ---</br>
    Oh wow! Thanks! Oh crap... Did I leave the braveheart and pirate head from MishKa's head pack again? Damn it! Thanks for telling me, I might leave it if you guys want to, but I'll have to ask MishKa first.

4. WarrFork

WarrFork フォーク Donator Tester

I just tried your pack today and.. now I said to myself why I didn't tried earlier ? :p
    The music during the game give an awesome feel, the bird is a good idea too. It's just pretty more fun to play with this.
    The only thing who make me a bit confusing is the shield with the sword. It's a bit more hard to see if the enemy shield or not.

FlamingDragon96 likes this.
  5. TheCrusader

Yeah, but you get used to it after a while.
    The reason I made the red tent was because you haven't posted the red tent. Also you might have fixed the Braveheart/Blackbeard heads, but again, you haven't posted the fixed sprites.

6. FlamingDragon96

All bugfixes shall be released with next update, I just need more heads. Remember when I said the builder was gonna be easy? Well... Trying to make a complex outfit for the sprite with less pixels has turned to be quite a job.

Like Crusader said, you get used to the sword shield thing after a bit. The bird was my older bro's idea X3, there's an alternate texture in the sprites folder that instead of being lifted by a bird you become the bird but I never fixed the team color for it. So if anybody uses the alternate texture it'll be quite hard to see who's who when they're gliding, I'll fix that for the next update for whoever likes it.

7. dangertank44

dangertank44 Shark Slayer

Hey uh i kinda just started with the forums and realized that there are texture packs...

(wonders how to install them):QQ:

8. The_Khan

The_Khan Bison Rider

In the KAG folder you should see a Base folder, open that. After that you should see a Sprites folder. Open that. Now you will see tons of .png files. You are meant to replace them with the .png files you find in the Texture packs that they have uploaded. Maybe someone else could explain it a bit better than me.

dangertank44 likes this.
  9. ImAwesome

ImAwesome Haxor

10. dangertank44

Oh no I get the idea i just wanted to know the right place to put them so I don't mess up all the kag folders (Derp) :p

11. Masery

Masery is actually Maroon Donator

You go into Base>Sprites

12. dangertank44

Uhhhh yah..... I kinda already got it from @The_Khan :shad::p
    </br>--- merged: Jul 21, 2012 3:55 PM ---</br>
    hey also I would be glad to help out with spriting (average level spriter) :B):

13. Masery

Masery is actually Maroon Donator

Right click on the KAG icon, then go into Properties. Then go to File Location.
    You will then find Base. Then click that. Then click Sprites.
    Replace the sprites.

14. FlamingDragon96

I made this extremely easy for installation. Open up your KAG folder, you should see the Base folder but don't click it, just drag my Base folder and they will both merge and that's it.

YEAH_NAH likes this.
  15. YEAH_NAH

YEAH_NAH Shipwright

Yeah, thats what I do, alot faster. :P

16. FlamingDragon96

The OP has been changed a bit, I shall be working a lot on this pack on Monday. One thing though, I really need help with the heads. If you can give me ideas or even make some heads then that would be greatly appreciated, I'll give you credit.

17. TheCrusader

For heads, Japanese Hair, Masks, Helmets.
    Oh and you definitely need to do Geisha Hair for Females.
    Drag, I'm currently working on The Crusades Mod Revival. I would love it if you helped as I'm not the best sprite editor.

18. FlamingDragon96

I could try and help you when I get the free time, just tell me on what.
    </br>--- merged: Jul 23, 2012 7:41 AM ---</br>
    Added a better back story (i think), and added an art section in the Images. You guys might be able to make better pics than me but hey, make some and post them here! No matter how ugly or epic they are, they will go in the OP. They don't even have to be with this texture pack, but if you use another texture pack then post a link. Let's hope I get some art contributors... (hand-drawn art is also accepted, pretty much anything that relates to KAG and art but no sexual content)
    </br>--- merged: Jul 24, 2012 4:25 AM ---</br>
    Hey guys! I made the builder! I was trying to go for something like this. This is the result:
    Builder.png

19. The_Khan

The_Khan Bison Rider

Not bad. ;)

Bammboo likes this.
  20. FlamingDragon96

So I've been working with heads lately and I've made about... 5 new heads. I took out MishKa's heads and put in the male migrant head, the Z knight head, a guy with a medium sized beard, a cloaked head, and a metal mask. The metal mask was kinda like an accidental head, I was just looking around for ideas through other texturepacks for male heads when I combined 2. Here's pretty much what happened.
    Head Combo!.png

mishKa likes this.