1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

(Mostly) Workshops Week

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Geti, Jul 21, 2012.

1. UnnamedPlayer

UnnamedPlayer Arsenist Administrator Global Moderator Tester
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]

This all seems fucking awesome.
    We will get more control over other factors too? Like water? We will be able to place events and triggers? (I just want it to low slowly when units reach 0. And maybe meteor-like skeletons falling from the sky everywhere just to spice thing up).
    Art modding server sided will be possible?

Auri and Beef like this.
  2. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Control over water will be limited to changing the height, but you'll be able to do so arbitrarily.
    Serverside art mods will be added last - it's a really really fucking complicated problem to solve and implement, because if we do any part of it wrong then your computers can be flooded with viruses or scraped for files. Naturally, we don't want that.
    As for raining skeletons from the sky, yes, though that doesn't sound particularly fun :P

Riletyface and UnnamedPlayer like this.
  3. DrZaloski

DrZaloski Shopkeep Stealer

This is some of the best news in a while. Lets see what what we got:

Definitely New classes, and dedication to fitting MULTIPLE classes, even if that means working after final launch

Extreme shop customization for servers, and a more a dynamic economy

Minecrafters are FINALLY AT LEAST SOMEWHAT USEFUL

Better and more flexible physics engine

Does this mean that somehow, SOMEHOW I can make a profit off of rave towers? Someday I want to find a server which will have shops that you get migrants to live in for a rent, who I can keep in said rave towers. I swear, I will get a server, learn the way of the code, and do it myself. (I will be far too lazy to do that).

4. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

That tears it. I am so making an NPC bomb shop that follows me around on hundreds of tiny legs... :b_shop:

5. HERaLD

HERaLD Shark Slayer

And should give you free kegs.

6. lavalord

lavalord Haxor Staff Alumni Donator Tester

i know its possible without this update, but this will allow for a way better balence, cause lest face it at the moment nuke are the most op thing since archers

soulrealm likes this.
  7. Saverous

Saverous Shopkeep Stealer

Well.. Considering that Nukes aren't normal items they are considered a "mod" then technically Archers are still OP. However, Since the Nuke are not officially in the game... I guess your still right.

8. Worm

Worm Derpship Commander Donator

Possiblity of creating additional classes? Then I think that shouldn't be s o hard to make(if have bit knowledge of modding) to make basic units weak as kids, then creating better workshops, to make even big badass barabian kicking everyone with his damn huge ham-axe and giant musculed hand. But I want also ask one thing: There will be crawling? If yes, then it will be epic.
    This game is starting to be epic.
    Just bit sad that there won't be overworld, but wait - there actually could be something "overworld-like-map", just add parameters for add, for example: castles, villages and stuff. Make spawn classes as configurated, do "guard-places" and here you go - Almost pseudo-overworld.

Anyway, I want overworld. If even overworld will be as DLC - i will buy it.

9. PinXviiN

PinXviiN Haxor

*Takes out a revolver*

Adinxs likes this.
  10. Halosnake

Halosnake Shopkeep Stealer

Could not agreed more that was the thing that made me buy KAG, but lets not talk about it.
    People have already haved their butthurt period over it not comming out

11. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

classes: Read the initial devlog post.

I await this cheerfully :)

delankski likes this.
  12. If we only had a wizzard class...

Halosnake and Dark_Ham like this.
  13. Magero

Magero Builder Stabber

I'm really enjoyed and excited about this and i'm also really happy about the progress and the developpement that you've made.
    Really, I'm so excited about this and you and you're friends make a very good job and KAG is going better and better every day's and every news :) !!!

It's like a little bit minecraft...But "Medieval minecraft rampage destruction" with these new workshop (Yeah b'cuse i'm going to throw my bomb on this..Mwhahahahahha.:p )

But I still a little bit disapointed because we have no news about "Fire" and "Boat" devellopement sinds now 2 or 3 weeks...So...Almost 1 month... It stills in progress or not ?
    So i know you're certainly flooded by questions like this but you have a lot of projects and you have also a deadline...So... This new project about these workshops, the fire and the boat will be finished in time or you're really flooded by the time ?

PS : Sorry about my english, i'm from belgium and i don't speak really good in english.:oops:

Halosnake and Antman like this.
  14. Geti

I'm working on fire more as we speak. It's syncing and burninating houses and such, still got to get it to set the morons inside a burning house on fire and implement a way to put it out, but it's certainly still being worked on.

@Magero: All of those things will be finished in time :) No worries about your English, it is understandable.

@Ej: NO WIZARDS ):<

15. [​IMG]

You know you want this.

16. The_Khan

The_Khan Bison Rider

It will be inevitable. Even though Geti doesn't want them, tons of other people do.

Will the New Classes, New Workshops, Boat, and Fire be all in the same Update. If so than I think we may need to up the price again. Getting even closer to the finishing product... I think.

17. Taureactor

Taureactor Shopkeep Stealer

A way to put out the fire could be just to hit the block one time or to destroy it, just writin' !

18. thegoodone

thegoodone Tree Planter

First time I am waiting for update excitedly. I believe that this rethinking of workshop's appointment will be the most enjoyaBle addition.

Dark_Ham likes this.
  19. goodyman8

goodyman8 Bison Rider

That would be hard in some cases as the fire could go deep in big wood walls.

20. SirSammy

SirSammy Shark Slayer

Perhaps with scripting the community can make over-world?

Imagine the Possibilities.