1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Pokemon General

Discussion in 'Other games' started by MechaTrickster, Jan 16, 2012.

Mods: BlueLuigi
  1. GloriousToast

GloriousToast Haxor Donator

Anyone and SS or HG

2. Bunnyboy

Bunnyboy Haxor

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    This was my team in Pokemon White version when I defeated the league. Its not a very good team because four of them have a weakness to water but... I just thought these pokemon were pretty coolypops. :rollseyes:

And I can't even remember my team from Soul silver, I think I had a Arbok, Typhlosion, Gyarados and a Pigeot.

Areo and Specta like this.
  3. PeterPan14

PeterPan14 Bison Rider

Pokemon is the best game ever, I defeated to league like five times. :P

4. GloriousToast

if you have your game still you can check your poke box to check it
    also in heart gold i really need a lucky egg

5. HERaLD

HERaLD Shark Slayer

I'm pretty sure beating up Happinys or some other thing in Trophy Garden with a Pokemon who knows theif is a good way to get lucky eggs.

6. GloriousToast

i dont have a sinnoh game

7. Bunnyboy

Bunnyboy Haxor

I'm pretty sure it's a chansey.

Areo and HERaLD like this.
  8. HERaLD

HERaLD Shark Slayer

Your most likely correct.

9. Bunnyboy, your team is quite good. I am not a fan of Archeops, as he's not very good for protracted battles what with the Defeatist ability, but he hits hard with a choice scarf on. I'll show you my current team in Black.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Crobat has a near perfect attack stat of 272 (Crobat absolute maximum is 304, I didn't EV train Crobat). It has no nickname.
    Metagross has an Adamant nature and ~340 attack, 320 defense (max is 405 and 394 respectively). No nickname. Legit aside from using a shiny cheat code because OMG SILVER AND GOLD METAGROSS
    Hydreigon. +spatk nature. Don't know its attack at 100, it's level 78 atm. Nicknamed Vierful, continuing the 'eins' 'zwei' 'drei' system. Sounds like 'Fearful'.
    Porygon-Z. +Spatk nature. 324 spatk. Nasty to fight if you let it set up (Conversion 2, Recover, Nasty Plot, Tri Attack).
    Volcarona. +Speed nature. Level 82. Just fun to use. Nicknamed Helios.
    Leafeon. +Attack nature. 278 attack and 305 defense. Nicknamed Verdant.

10. Bunnyboy

Bunnyboy Haxor

Yeah, after defeating the league I replaced Archeops with Hydreigon. Also, how is it that you got your shiny Metagross? was it just luck? Or is there a Pokeradar in black/white version? Did you migrate? The only shiny's I've got are Gyarados and Haxorous. :rollseyes:

11. Used an action replay on my Pearl to have the 'All are Shiny' code during a Beldum swarm.

I encountered an entirely legitimate shiny Machop on Platinum, with No Guard to boot! HI YA INFINITE ACCURACY CROSS CHOP, STONE EDGE AND ROCK SLIDE. Migrated the Metagross, Leafeon and Crobat from Platinum, where they had been traded from pearl, where Crobat had been migrated from Sapphire (and has the tag 'Arrived in Unova after a long travel through time'.)

As for my team's weaknesses:

Crobat has poor defenses and weakness to Psychic, Rock, Electric and Ice. It pairs up very well vs. Fighting unless they have stone edge or rock slide. It has decently high speed (309) and decent attack. Knows Confuse Ray, Fly, Taunt and Cross Poison. Inner Focus is a nice ability.

Metagross is only weak to Fire and Ground. Thinking of giving it an Air Balloon so it's got immunity to ground until hit by a contact move (fire is rarely used as an attacking type in most tiers). Brilliant defenses. Good coverage - knows Brick Break, Meteor Mash, Earthquake and Zen Headbutt. There's only one or two things that resist those moves. Clear Body is fantastic vs. Intimidators.

Hydreigon has a raft of weaknesses. Bug, Fighting, Ice, Dragon. Fighting's a common type, but Hydreigon's quite fast. Knows Acrobatics, Dragon Pulse, Dragon Dance and Focus Blast.

Porygon Z has one weakness but frail defenses. Fighting. It doesn't have any good coverage moves; steel, rock, ghost all shut it down. It is good for pissing people off by shifting defenses with Conversion, Recovering when it needs to and Nasty Plotting for mucho +spatk goodness. Three Nasty Plots and I was able to 2HKO my friend's 500 spdef Shuckle. Three nasty plots is x4 spatk; so having 300 boosts to 1200 SPATK! (Not sure if the limit is 999, but still that's pretty huge.)

Volcarona has lots of weaknesses. Water, Rock (x4), Flying. x4 weakness to Rock means I use it right at the start; otherwise it loses 50% of its hp upon entering due to Stealth Rock. Quiver Dance for + spatk + speed is nice.

Leafeon has quite a few weaknesses. Flying, bug, poison, fire and ice. Good defenses though, plus i can have some time to set up with Synthesis + Swords Dance.

Bunnyboy likes this.
  12. Bunnyboy

Bunnyboy Haxor

No more migrating for me, Emerald, Ruby, Sapphire and Fire red have stuffed up and won't save. :( I got so annoyed when Fire red stuffed up because I REALLY wanted all the starters and a growlithe. :>:(: To get the Kanto starters I need to play my way through Soul Silver one more time to get a $#@%* Bulbasaur! And I can't get growlithe because you need Heart Gold. :QQ:

13. MechaTrickster

MechaTrickster Banned Donator

Is anyone up for a launcher battle on B/W? PM if you're interested.
    FC: 3911 7809 2053

14. And this is where me owning a DSi would come in handy. (wireless has WPA2 encryption, DS Lites only support WEP.)

15. Bunnyboy

Bunnyboy Haxor

Yeah, I have a DS lite too and I have no idea how to connect it to the internet.

16. I'll have a stab at temporarily setting my router to WEP, if I can't get that working sufficiently then I guess no match.

17. GloriousToast

ok bd today new games i got
    pokemon
    -ss
    -conquest
    -black

18. Bunnyboy

Bunnyboy Haxor

What do you guys prefer? Black or white? I wish I got black, I don't really like Zekrom.

19. HERaLD

HERaLD Shark Slayer

White, Zekrom looks cooler.
    </br>--- merged: Jul 24, 2012 7:01 AM ---</br>
    Oh, Toast, is conquest good?

20. I got black because I liked Reshiram's cry better. And the version exclusives were better. I mean, Lilligant's good, but Whimsicott is great.

Mods: BlueLuigi