1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

(Idea) Fallen Deity; with the powers of a damned god...

Discussion in 'Game modes' started by thebonesauce, Jun 4, 2012.

1. Lieber

Lieber Is Probing Uranus Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Sounds awesome!

2. Oh and I forgot to add, perhaps the destroyed phylacteries can give a slight boost to the tickets of the defenders, commensurate with the amount of times they've destroyed a phylactery.

3. Sirpixelot

Sirpixelot Base Burner
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Kinda like in knights of the old republic. When your fighting lord malak, your have to destroy the bodies of fallen jedi in order to kill him with him able to restore health and such. :D

4. It's a big boss technique to extend the length of a battle. The boss usually has shields required to be taken down by four crystals strategically placed near him/her/it and only then it can be harmed / harmed more easily.

5. Miauw62

Miauw62 Shipwright

I have only two words for you.

Dwarf. Fortress.

Reudh likes this.
  6. Cirom

Cirom Bison Rider

I just thought of an idea which I'm not too sure about, but I think it's worth mentioning nonetheless. Thought it up after playing Cobalt, kinda/sorta inspired by one of the things in it. (Though, it's not an original idea ANYWAY..)

Basically, when the Deity kills a human, their soul will hover around the Deity, NiGHTS Ideya style. More souls = more hovering (sort of reminding me of the circle soul death thing you can do in Super Mario War (fangame)..)
    To balance it out a bit, the souls will slightly slow down the deity on collection, and must be taken to the base to "deposit" the souls in this sort of basket / dispenser / collector thing, just like the "BOUNTY" machines from Cobalt. (Play the Bounty game mode, you'll know what I'm on about) One-by-one, the souls will quickly be put into the basket, and the Deity will go back to normal speed.

I didn't want the souls to reduce attack power, because then it would be too easy to kill the Deity. ;o

Additionally, I think that the Deity should earn more points for killing with more souls hovering him. Like a sort of "combo". Though, if he collects TOO many souls (20?) then he may actually slow down to human speed, and be able to be caught up!

That's my idea. Not sure if it's great but that's why I'm asking for opinions~

7. Miauw62

Miauw62 Shipwright

The deity shouldnt be THAT fast (unless the speed decrease is very tiny).
    In VSH (tf2), the scout is as fast as saxton hale, so i guess the deity would be slightly faster then the humans.

8. Cirom

Cirom Bison Rider

Well, it was an idea of mine, and I did imagine the deity to be quite fast. Though, I do think the speed decrease should be very tiny. ;o

9. Retsch

Retsch Shopkeep Stealer

This seems to be something that everyone is overlooking.... What happens when the Deity leaves game or gets disconnected?

10. Cirom

Cirom Bison Rider

Kind of obvious, that one.

Though, I'd have just made it do the exact same thing as if Saxton Hale leaves on said custom TF2 gamemode.