1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

[CTF] River Crossing

Discussion in 'Maps' started by Mogwok, Jun 15, 2012.

1. Mogwok

Mogwok Shipwright

This is my first post (and map) so hopefully all goes as planned.

This is Map size is 500 x 80.
    Intended WaterLevel is 30. The older .png versions will not have the water preset.
    The newer KAG versions have the water appropriately set at 30 and working properly.

The level probably works best as a boat level (once boats are released). It can also double as a collaborative team-built bridge map, or as an expansive no-water map.

Edit 6
    July 3rd, 2012
    As a request, created a smaller version of the map.
    The new map is sized [320 x 80] so its only about 2/3 the length of the previous version. The land at spawns has been shortened, and the islands have been removed because of this.
    (PNG picture is listed with the older versions so you can see what it looks like and how it compares)
    (KAG version is atached at the bottom)

Newer Versions:
    Links are at the bottom

Older Versions:
    Small Version .png
    Small_River_Crossing.png

Version 4
    RiverCrossing4.png

Version 3:
    RiverCrossing3.png

Version 2:
    RiverCrossing2.png

Version 1:
    River Crossing.png
    Old Version History:
    Edit v2: Uploaded a version 2 of the map. Changed the location of the hanging gold bars, as well as made the bridge between the two towers easier (and possible) to drop, to make it harder for the other team to get across. Also modified the amounts of stone inside the towers. Also removed some trees at the spawn to make it more necessary to use the upper cliff near spawns.

Edit v3: Slight edits to the center towers. There are now overhangs off the outside edges of the towers so archers can shoot down straight down from them. Center bridge is more easily collapsable. Less wood in the islands. May be the last update to this map, not sure yet. May attempt to make a generator based on this.

Edit v4: After some testing: Raised the entire height of the towers slightly. Converted a lot of stuff around the middle towers (besides the towers themselves) to be wooden blocks; the bridge itself is now completely wooden and therefore is a heck of a lot easier to drop. The towers are now completely sealed off with wood blocks, instead of just closed with some stone. The gold now hangs further into the water. Some extra wood underwater in the middle incase you're in a pinch and need wood. I also maximized the amount of wood and stone around the towers so you can salvage resources if needed, though you will still need to make tunnels to go back for resources and/or have people hauling resources from spawn. Also, added some structures near spawn to give people the hint that they should look up and be digging up to find more resources.

Edit v5: Thanks to some folks over in the Adding water to maps (new and old) thread, I have now saved the fourth version of the map as a .kag file, and the water (for gold servers) should now load normally when the map cycles.

Attached Files:

Contrary likes this.
  2. Awesomec

Awesomec Shark Slayer

Looks good! I put it in my rotation as first!

3. Saverous

Saverous Shopkeep Stealer

Question! What is a .kag file? how to change it to .png if possible?

4. Awesomec

Awesomec Shark Slayer

Answer! A .kag file is a file that tells KAG how to generate the landscape. In this case it adds the water at the correct level every time. I'm sorry, but I have absolutely no idea how one would change it to a .png. Although you wouldn't need to unless you wanted to edit it. Just put it the map rotation like you would one of the other generators.

5. You can open the .kag in game and then save it as a .png through the editor menu. Or you could right click on the pictures in the OP.

Awesomec likes this.
  6. Saverous

So its like a generator file?

7. .kag files let you add water levels, tides, shops, broken tiles (tiles that have been mined(like cut grass among other things)) and other stuff you wouldn't with a regular png.

Also, nice map, a picture with the water would be nice to see how high it is :C

8. Saverous

Obj right..

9. mrgamergod22

mrgamergod22 Builder Stabber