1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

[457] Mobility skills

Discussion in 'Classes & Mechanics' started by Drok, Jul 24, 2012.

1. Drok

Drok Shark Slayer

Hello people!
    This little guide will show a handful of useful strategies to reach hard places. They are a bit difficult to learn, but they really pay off. Or at least you will have fun when you can get to locations that no other players can. :D

This guide is aimed for players with some experience with the basics, you may want to check this guide first.

Let's start with the easy ones:

Corner jumps

Corner jumps are easy to do, but most of the times it can help players don't use it. Not because they don't know, but because many times it is not evident that it is a possibility. Take the following situation as an example.
    [​IMG]
    At first glance jumping to the other side seems impossible, but it can be done with a backwards corner jump.

[​IMG]

It is important to be on the lookout for this possiblilities as they are very often present when fighting.
    Broken door ladder:

Let's take a look at a very common situation:

[​IMG]

An enemy knight throws a bomb and it explodes right in front of your door ladder, and you are so unlucky that it removes a stone block. For all your allies it is impossible to climb the ladder, as if they try this happens:

[​IMG]

Remember, though, that team ladders are a sucession of corner jumps made available for only one team. And the height between the fifth and the sixth stone block is 4 blocks ,so there should be no problem. The thing is, of course, that holding the up and left keys won't do the trick. But with some precision it is quite possible to climb it:

[​IMG]

You should hold the up and right keys in the zone between the two red lines, and up and left the rest of the time.

Spike door ladder:

If you have played for a bit, you have been either victim or user of the deadly wall spikes. It is common practice if you want to temporarily prevent those silly enemy knights from climbing your door ladder.
    With the same principles that in the above move we can climb a door ladder with spikes receiving no damage at all.
    Remember how wall spikes work: they inflict damage whenever a player moves against the block, but only in that situation. If you don't push against the wall, you are safe.

[​IMG]

In the situation above, for example, we only have to stop pressing left while we go through the spikes, and we will arrive at the top unharmed.

:no: Disclaimer: Practice it alone first, or your team's unit counter may drop significantly the first times you attempt it. :p

Door vault: (Thanks ParaLogia)

Doors work in a similar way to spikes, in the way that both only activate if you push against a block. In normal circumstances we can't perform vaulting (or corner jumps) because the door opens as we try:
    [​IMG]

But if we make use of the property mentioned we can do a similar move than in the previous situation:
    [​IMG]

If we stop pushing sidewards while we make contact with the door, it will stay closed, but the momentum from the previous jump will still allow us to reach the door and make the jump. In other words, stop pressing right/left while you are in contact with the door if you want it to stay closed and use it as support for a jump.

Doorway jump:

This is another common situation. We want to get to the top. It is only a 3-block high jump, but we crash our heads against the ceiling each time we try.

[​IMG]

To do it right we must run towards the edge and, just before we have both feet in the air, jump away and then towards the tower. The difficulties of this situation are jumping without hitting the ceiling and doing a two-direction jump.

[​IMG]

Slide corner jump:

Now this is my favourite. We have this situation...

[​IMG]

There is a 4-block high jump, but this time there is no way to make a corner jump, is there?
    Naturally.
    We can place our character in the edge of the tower, let him slowly slide down the corner, and make a corner jump in the block that now is slightly above us.
    If it sounds suicidal is because it is, but that's the reason why it is so cool if you do it right. :D
    [​IMG]

Ridiculously hard slide bidirectional jump:

If you want the ultimate challage, put an extra stone block like this:

[​IMG]

For extra fun, put a spike pit at your left.

You must use correctly a combination of both the slide corner jump and the two-direction jump in one single move.
    In other words, if you can do this you play too much KAG. :huh?:

Hope it is useful, don't hestitate to correct any error or suggest other interesting moves.
    PS: is there a formal name for the 4-block jump? Corner jump is pretty much invented.

rocker2, Lemmingworld, Gofio and 21 others like this.
  2. KnightGabe13

KnightGabe13 Arsonist

Awesome, didn't know that there were so many chances to use parkour in this game. 9/10 :thumbs_up:

3. ParaLogia

ParaLogia tired Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester Official Server Admin

You might as well add door-vaulting, just for the heck of it—I have actually used it in-game several times before. It mostly arises from broken door ladders.
    if you don't know what door-vaulting is, it's when you jump into a door, but release the left/right button, holding only up. This allow you to do a bit of a vault (corner-jump, as you call it) and jump over.
    Then again, if you want to be really comprehensive, then you should reiterate the basics of jump pads and vaulting, as seen in previous threads, or at least mention them.

4. Riletyface

Riletyface Horde Gibber

Useful, but video tutorials are still the best, even better with commentary. Great guide!

5. Drok

Drok Shark Slayer

Oh, it doesn't aim to be complete, because, as you say, there are already other tutorials here in the forums that explain them. I just thought there was no point in repeating what others said before, but instead aim this guide for players with some experience with the basics. But you are right, I will at least link to that tutorial.

I had expermiented a bit with the door-vaulting you mention, to climb a structure like this:
    :castle_wall:
    :castle_bg:
    But it seemed to be somewhat inconsistent, as sometimes I would climb all the blocks and sometimes only one (while holding up).

I considered that possility, but as I am not a native English speaker I didn't dare to comment a video, and it wouldn't be useful just to do it without telling how.

Thanks for commenting.

Riletyface likes this.
  6. ParaLogia

ParaLogia tired Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester Official Server Admin

Well I doubt you would encounter a tower like that in the game. I just want to get out the basic idea that you can use a door as a stepping block without passing through it.

7. Drok

Drok Shark Slayer

Oh, I misunderstood you. I tried it in now the sandbox, and it works really well. Thanks for sharing! Added to the post.

cmblast likes this.
  8. 8x

8x Elimination Et Choix Traduisant la Realité Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

If the first jump is the correct one, you can climb this only holding UP

9. Chinizz

Chinizz Arsonist

Whoua... I didn't know that you can do all this stuff. I will try some parkour by now.

10. KnightGabe13

KnightGabe13 Arsonist

I want ledge grabbing... but they said it wasn't planned. :QQ:
    SAVEROUSSS!!!

11. Monsteri

Monsteri Slower Than Light Tester

This is a handy guide, would be fun if more people knew this stuff :)

inactive_account likes this.
  12. FlameHaze3

FlameHaze3 Shark Slayer

Hopefully we will have more skillful players if they read this, i run into chances to use this parkour all the time, great guide. I've been using this stuff for a long time, but a lot of players just don't do it...

13. FG

FG Fran Donator

i think you forgot the one where you jump on the corner of a spike and don't get hurt. :spikes:!!!

14. Antman

Antman Base Burner

Another really good technique, it's only for knight, is the 5 block vault-slash.
    I don't see people ever do it, but I use it heaps.

Does anyone here actually know what it is?

The guide is great.. It took me a long time to figure these out alone, so this is perfect for people who won't experiment, well done :)

Yihka and KnightGabe13 like this.
  15. KnightGabe13

KnightGabe13 Arsonist

I use this too sometimes, but when I do people call me hacker. :rollseyes:

16. FlameHaze3

FlameHaze3 Shark Slayer

Use it all the fricken time lol, get on places other knights don't know how to, and then slash down at them, height advantage es numero uno.

17. ArpiG

ArpiG Shopkeep Stealer

I learned this stuff by myself on a Parkour/Jump Server.The last 2...I didn't even know that is possible..lol :argh:

18. Nighthawk

Nighthawk gaurenteed shitter

Learned them all, and I am a better player for it. Thanks a lot, Drok!

19. Miauw62

Miauw62 Shipwright

Great guide. Simple, straightforward, no needlessly big pictures or ugly fonts.

20. Night_Horde

Night_Horde Shopkeep Stealer

Great guide. Although I'm good at making some jumps, a few attempts are needed for some. And most of the time you're back is either pelted with arrows, or you're in pieces. But great way to test out and hon your skillz to the max.:D