1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

(Mostly) Workshops Week

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Geti, Jul 21, 2012.

1. MrMcSwerliie

MrMcSwerliie Builder Stabber

Can't wait, does that mean we can make new arrows for Archers? If so, I can see bomb arrows being fun, depending on how they're made.

2. Gaunt13

Gaunt13 Shipwright

If overworld is truly over with, then I think it is only appropriate to remove it from the list of planned features... after all, it's a big thing what alone would cause someone to buy the game, so without it. Well, it's pretty strong false advertisement... *Still butthurt*

3. delankski

delankski Horde Gibber

^
    :shad:: ZOMG! There it goes again.

:shad:: Dang it ! OVERWORLD FAN-BOYS!:p

I saw the vid. yesterday .. I lol'ed when the Dev started to DJ'ing ..
    And I will really appreciate to see a modded server with modded Classes like this one.

Edit: I left a comment on the video yesterday
    "Where's the iTunes link for the song? :D"

goodyman8 likes this.
  4. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Nothing happened to 200+ heads, they're just not a priority at the moment since they don't add anything gameplay wise and can be done later.

I thought the overworld stuff _had_ been taken off the buy page - I sent a fairly comprehensive message to those responsible to that over a month ago. Sending a reminder about it now since yes, it shouldn't be there.

We're planning on doing this kind of stuff fwiw, but yes, it does ;)
    Changing that fact would require months of untangling the map code from everything else. It'll be possible with the next engine regardless, but that won't be a part of this game.

SirSammy likes this.
  5. Worm

Worm Derpship Commander Donator

But how we can later do additional classes? I mean: We will use some standard class scripts or we can do wizards shooting angry mustard barabians? And: textures will download for client when joining server with custom classes?

6. AnRK

AnRK Shark Slayer

Was there not potentially some way of getting round the multiple maps thing with connecting various servers together? Or is that not gonna be possible after all? @Worm I'm hoping with modding being so important to the devs that downloading server side stuff ala counterstrike and all that kinda stuff will ideally be happening. Like you said otherwise it's gonna be a bit of a ballache to play servers with modded content.

7. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Not going to be possible with the time given, sadly.

Yes yes, but if we get an intermediate release out please don't get started on your mustard barbarians until the semi-final release is out or changes to the API might break your mod ;) Textures downloading to client for mods is planned but again, we're not sure when it'll make it as it's very important that we get the actual game done rather than just make a modding platform. Hopefully that'll be done in the next few weeks though, as it's something tom and ryan could do while MM and I grind content conversion (we have to convert just about everything in the game at this point, from scratch. I did most of the catapult in 2 days this week while adding needed functions to the scripting API, Michal has been removing the hard-coded actors and moving them over to scripts).

I'll talk more about plans in the impending devlog post, most likely to be done tomorrow.

Modding capabilities are through the roof guys, don't worry. You can write something that generates bits of the map or create zombies with spinning saw-limbs if it really tickles your fancy. It's powerful stuff, but we are working within a strict timeframe - there's only so much midnight oil we can burn ;)

8. AnRK

AnRK Shark Slayer

Notch? :p

9. PinXviiN

PinXviiN Haxor

Okay this is it, i wont play that game for some years if the update will not come soon

Next time ill read thos posts to the end *facepalm*

10. Night_Horde

Night_Horde Shopkeep Stealer

Overworld won't be possible at all, or overworld isn't possible for the release date. Or is it just the limitations of the engine we're running right now?

11. delankski

delankski Horde Gibber

Stop the Overworld thingy.
    And let's stay on topic :)
    WARMODE i think is better than Overworld.

The_Khan and FlameHaze3 like this.
  12. Geti

Talked with MM about being able to pass connections from server to server last night, and how feasible it'd be.

"Maybe feasible, would certainly be powerful".

So we'll see.

Wonkyth, GloriousToast, Cirom and 5 others like this.
  13. Madbow

Madbow Horde Gibber

so possible but not for quite a while, well better than not at all :)

14. AnRK

AnRK Shark Slayer

"Quite a while" is unfortunately perhaps a bit of an overstatement, unless it gets added after release that is, think they probably have 1-2months tops development time left now if I remember all the vagueish hints at the deadline correctly.

15. samus0000

samus0000 Builder Stabber

Are you still going to use the leveling up system, or are you going to that with class Workshops? :huh?:
    It's really bugging me, i need to know something! :QQ:

16. mishKa

mishKa Mayo for everybody. ┗┃・ ■ ・┃┛ Donator

As far as I know there will be no levels, except if scripting allows you to do something like that.

17. AnRK

AnRK Shark Slayer

Yeah there was never gonna be a levelling system, especially given the devs fucking hate that kinda thing, new classes will be in the game at some point though, but whether it's the devs or community that put them in we'll have to see. I think it's the intention of the war mode to have a teching up procedure to the game, but nothing to do with individual players getting a better sword slash or been able to run faster depending on their performance or anything like that.

18. samus0000

samus0000 Builder Stabber

Thanks I was hoping that someone would reply to this, but you being to first reply makes me really happy, love the Texture pack so far. :thumbs_up:
    Really? The forums can lie sometimes then, good to know i hope it will be like war mode with the the Workshops. X3

mishKa likes this.
  19. GloriousToast

GloriousToast Haxor Donator

Geti how soon do you suppose you will fix the held bomb jump glitch?

20. Taureactor

Taureactor Shopkeep Stealer

Why do you want held bomb jump to be fixed? You need timing, practice and a high place to do it, so its not too overpowered. Also any builder can build a wall vertically and put spikes on it to stop the bombjumpers.

FlameHaze3 likes this.