1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

[WIP] Albionian Pack

Discussion in 'Texture Packs' started by mishKa, Jul 26, 2012.

1. BlackKlit

BlackKlit Shopkeep Stealer

Mishka continies to amaze us! Veru unusual idea and magnificient realisation! Good luck woth your cool pack:B):

2. mishKa

mishKa Mayo for everybody. ┗┃・ ■ ・┃┛ Donator

Thanks, yeah actually I have few to show. I'm also planning to do a little contest where anyone can submit heads to be included in this pack. Only the winner/s gets in though. Anyhow the heads:
    [​IMG]
    Ape, Beard fella, Blondbeard fella, Belvis, Rainer
    I'm not going to release this just yet, sorry, you have to wait a little bit still!
    Thank you Maser for your comments! Can you be more spefic about the tiles, which don't mesh, that would be really helpful. I'm my mind the people on this planet are more advanced and have managed to create swords and shields. Loincloths are a nice idea, maybe I'll do some sort of variation of that.
    Heh, wow and thank you!:)

FlamingDragon96 and WarrFork like this.
  3. Masery

Masery is actually Maroon Donator

Well, for starters..
    The (what I assume are) Stone Backwalls, don't really look that good with (again, what I assume to be) Stone Bricks, with the Bricks being tan and the Backwalls being sort of.. Gray. Also, the ladders are very..I almost want to say, too round? In the way that they curve at the top. I just can't imagine that looking too good when you're rushing to make ladders on a cliff that you can't climb. Curvy.. Things on the side of a mountain.
    That's about it on that ^^

And, what do you mean by swords? When I first looked at this, I was thinking they were like.. Pygmies, or Aztecs or some such. If it's going to be swords, I do nope they aren't too.. Fancy? Maybe just like, a cleever? Or a club, or a jagged edge of stone tied to a wooden handle?

Just thoughts from a fan,
    and thanks for the pack ^^

4. mishKa

You assumed very right. The reason why I made them different is simply for better readability. I could make an example how it would look in sandy colours. Haha I agree, they look a bit funky separated, but intact they work pretty well imo. Well the swords will be dual bladed for now, because I want to consider the knight class compelete. Besides I'm not following history here, more of sci-fi and fantasy themed. Thank you for input!:)

5. Parpoch

Parpoch Also known as Lord Puffet Donator

I love this! I'm gonna use it

mishKa likes this.
  6. mishKa

A tiny update. Any thoughts about the shield?
    [​IMG]
    I have another question too, will anyone participate, if I held a head sprite "competition" for this pack? I'd provide the base, rules and examples.

Ej and Parpoch like this.
  7. Masery

The shield doesn't actually look that bad!
    The only thing that may be bothering me a bit, is that everything is the same shade of brown.
    Maybe put some green on the vest/pants?

8. Parpoch

When I look on the pics, so i'm thinking, this is like a jungle pack or something x)

9. superpokes

superpokes Bison Rider

Is hard to know if you don't see it in-game, but with only that bit of blue... Would not it be hard to tell wich team is what?

10. Parpoch

I like the shield. :)

11. Sure, you have my sword.

12. FlamingDragon96

FlamingDragon96 Shark Slayer

That would be epic

13. BlackKlit

BlackKlit Shopkeep Stealer

14. Masery

I was talking with FlamingDragon in a game, and we've decided that these models should be used more in texturepacks.
    These base sprites are now to be referred to as Mishkatrons.
    Mishkatrons are the models in this pack, which have the twig legs, and are unlike the normal KAG Sprites.

15. Miggles

Miggles Shark Slayer

What makes you think you have the right to name his work? :L

GhostyS likes this.
  16. Masery

Because.
    They.
    Are.
    Mishkatrons.
    Of course, these are Albionians.
    But I was referring to the way the model was set up.

17. Graver

Graver Haxor

Good Textures...

18. ImAwesome

ImAwesome Haxor

Looks great, can't wait for this to be finished!....
    but....naked migrants! D:

19. Miggles

Miggles Shark Slayer

We'll have to see what mishKa says about this one. :/

GhostyS likes this.
  20. Masery

Because we all know how jealously territorial Mishka is!
    I guess I better just make sure that nobody's downloading his texturepacks without his permission, either!
    Because what we call it is so important.
    Mishkatrons had been a joke, but I'm glad that you had to make it seem like some big fucking deal.
    Rage.
    </br>--- merged: Aug 3, 2012 10:58 PM ---</br>
    Oh!
    MishKa, could you show us a screen shot of the Knight's weapon? I can't find it anywhere in your other pictures.