1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Clan War Arrangement

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Downburst, May 22, 2012.

1. Downburst

Downburst Mindblown Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester

The clan forums are replaced by groups for some time and the massive spam these forums created has disappeared, but it got way harder to contact enemies for epic KAG clan wars!
    So we introduce an IRC channel #kag.match and a clan war arrangement group.

Join these to get the best wars running and increasing the fun of kag by extreme amounts!

ZzZzucek, Justpad, xChapx and 10 others like this.
  2. SpideY

SpideY Hear Me Roar Staff Alumni Donator

If you are looking for a clan war, just join this irc channel and ask idlers.

3. Contrary

Contrary The Audacious Paramount of Explosive Flight Donator Tester

Stickying this if you don't mind. Hm I hope the stickies aren't getting too cluttered.

Anyways would be nice to see mroe clan matches.

SARGRA13 likes this.
  4. SpideY

We need some good maps to play clan wars if there is any mapper around! Send me a pm or something. Join the group if you wanna schedule matches. There are already threads about some interesting tools to plan a match and about rules.

BeasterDenBeast and Downburst like this.
  5. This is a very valid point. I've been in clan wars where people have had terrible maps for battles. It would be cool if someone could make an Official Map Rotation for clan wars (or something along those lines). Not something that must be used but something that is recommended by most as being fair, slightly generic, made with battle in mind (for example, no huge holes in the middle) and nicely sized. I would create something like this, but I'm not exactly map savvy.

6. Contrary

Contrary The Audacious Paramount of Explosive Flight Donator Tester

Yeah, whoever is actually playing clan wars right now should make a clan war standard settings thread. I would but I my experience is not quite as relevent as some of the new kids.

7. SpideY likes this.
  8. SpideY

Ty! It sounds good.

9. Sarmane

Sarmane Go Tau'va yourself San Diego. Donator

Got to say the in Aussieland the scene needs to see some clan wars kicking up again-

However-issues of traffic (number of clans/general player population), levels of organisation, server availability and lack of regularity towards having CW's are proving more strong then seeing clans wars come to fruition -

Clan wars would be fantastic for providing incentives for public people (those not in clans) to join up with one, for clan members to improve their skills and the like PLUS makes the game a whole lot funner with two teams working in a much more tighter group towards absolute domination of their opponents, not to mention providing incentives to people to join/use the forum plus it creates a sense of gaming community-

Why am i saying this here tho?

-Feels like we need a plan on clans to be created, organised and fighting each other for the glory of King Arthur's Gold!

-Pub matches dont quite cut it anymore for some players (this guy :B): i know you feel an inkling for a higher challenge/degree to combat)

-The clan i belong to needs fresh blood/contenders to have fun challenging (inter-continental clan wars are just no with ping differentials :()

-Desire to see the game succeed! keeping people playing it, encouraging as part of KAG that joining clans is a great experience for new players and promoting a whole aspect of CTF or RDM or even Zombies is that there is a competitive sphere in which to participate :D

btw i prepare clan war organisation by way of PM still, should eventually try out this new group (im a tech ludite/lazy)

CheeseMeister and Foxodi like this.
  10. RoboRex

RoboRex Bison Rider

Anyone want to verse EWOD for a clan war we have 30 members so we can have a big clanwar if you want contact me if you want

11. PeterPan14

PeterPan14 Bison Rider

Robo how about my clan vs yours? Dlu vs DINO I'm happy with a 8v8 Ctf

12. Sarmane

Im sorry, did you say THIRTY people? WHO THE HELL ARE THESE GUYS- gimme their names, i want to know where this hidden clans been all this time :D

13. RoboRex

RoboRex Bison Rider

SARGRA13 likes this.
  14. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

*Unstickied*

Use it or lose it, ladies.
    (i.e. this thread has been sitting here for too long unused.)

ZzZzucek and Sarmane like this.
  15. Sarmane

Might I be so bold as to declare the Australian Clan War Reboot Experiment 2.0 as to be a failure?

Competative KAG appears to have a structural issue in terms of clan organisation, both for individual clans holding together AND then interacting with one another. Only a few large based clans (in Australia from personal experience) have really gone to actual CW's, while the majority of other clans are merely tags.

oh yeah I said it little tag wearers, just waiting for your hate now :D

Regardless, attempt version 3.0 when a couple things have changed, mainly:

-increased user base (Australian issue in terms of a new wave of dedicated players who have no standing affiliation)
    -increased forum/ community interaction (apparaent for all regions of KAG, from continents to vets to the new blood)
    -Implementation of User awareness (i.e. videos on different aspects of the game and its community counterpart- which we know is in production atm)
    -improved group interface (allowing people from one group to communicate with another on their main pages without having to be in that group. "their hub" (when is that happening? anyone give us a heads up?)
    -latest update (seeing as how customisation of shops will mean that new clan wars can happen after people are familarised with the latest gadegtry coming out)

I beleive these the are main issues yes? Can others contribute their own ideas too? 3.0 Clan War will need more guidance!!!
    -

16. Antman

Antman Base Burner

In game clan organisation would be nice, if the devs had the time :)

17. Sarmane

describe what you would like to see? I should also add moar servers would help different clans with getting together just to have some fun too.

18. Antman

Antman Base Burner

Well, soulrealm just got a 40 odd slot server going, so now theres 3 in Aus :)

In-game CW organising, make it so only the people in the clans could join so there was no messing with passwords, have the time, location and other various info ingame.. Alerts to certain stuff.
    It's just because alot of people are too lazy to check the forums for such things :S

19. Sarmane

that sounds like something that the player side has to work on if they want to organise themselves, plus a quick update of servers with a white list might help too?

20. MinecraftExpert

MinecraftExpert Shopkeep Stealer

Wabbout a clan war?
    Hello all, Unity is looking for a rival equal to her skill levels. If you believe you are up to the challenge, please PM me or post below in the details, so we can schedule clan wars over the coming days/weeks/months.

Clan Name:
    Best Member:
    Member Count:
    Do you have a server?:

Cheers.