1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Scripting Progress and Massive Rewrites.

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Geti, Aug 8, 2012.

1. LostPix

LostPix Base Burner

They are working on slopes and bigger blocks, yes.

2. Cirom

Cirom Bison Rider

[​IMG]
    Judging by this image from the KAG devlog...

No.

Gamerbro, JacKD, Rayne and 3 others like this.
  3. Formed_Zeus

Formed_Zeus Shipwright

Can't wait :)

Sooo excited for this. Seems too good to be true. Honestly, I'm waiting for them to tell us they were just bs'ing

4. FlameHaze3

FlameHaze3 Shark Slayer

Any idea on how long till there is a public test? Aside from the release, that's what we all really want :P

5. Thiamor

Thiamor Horde Gibber
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Few things to say. Is there going to be some sort of implemented score keeping? Something saved based on Total kills, deaths, assists point system? I know there wasn't anything SAID about it to imply it. I'm just asking. Cause I know I'd love something based on accounts where we can look up over all scores.

Nextly a suggestion about weapon clashing. Cause I know it'd be awesome going against a Knight and if we swing at the same time, or move at a perfect time, it hits and bounces off of each sword and has that metal hitting metal noise.

6. Cirom

Cirom Bison Rider

You have the score system per round / server, but I'm pretty sure that they said a global score system would not be added because 1. people could just farm kills on certain servers and 2. kills do not make you strong in KAG. Builder almost never kills, yet he's the strongest in the team. I wouldn't mind something that records how much time you've played, though.

And weapon clashing already exists, iirc. Just the window for the clash is so small that it's hardly ever noticed.

7. Thiamor

Thiamor Horde Gibber
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Well what exactly would people gain from the kills anyway? Nothing. It's not like it'd win anything. But I'm pretty sure a lot of people would love to be able to view their overall kill to death Ratio and over all points earned in each server. It's just something for looks and to ease people's minds about the little stuff like that.

8. ImAwesome

ImAwesome Haxor

Holy shit I love you KAG team, can't wait for this shitload of stuff!

Can I test it out? :3
    Everyone who hates me: (which is a lot of people)
    NO!!!!!!

9. LostPix

LostPix Base Burner

I think later down the line it would be neat to have achievements which you can view in separate menu in main menu and also global statistics and player separate stats so you can view how many times you killed someone, most earned coins, bombs used, flags captured, wins, losses etc. I think it would be fun. Global statistics would show graphs where most people are up playing, how many connected, total hours played by all players, global ratio on blue vs red stats in terms of wins and losses, most busy servers.

10. underwaterbear

underwaterbear Shipwright

So I was under the impression as of a couple weeks ago that we would be getting boats soon-ish, perhaps also fire and whatnot down the line, but it seems now [and I may be mistaken in my reading comprehension ;) ] that instead we'll be waiting quite awhile for a larger updating encompassing many things and changing up the game with all this new coding and such. Now don't get me wrong I love everything you devs have teased and talked about in the last couple news threads, and I had no problem with waiting however long for it, but basically, I'm just wondering when we'd be getting boats lol.

So will boats, and other updates be coming out before all this new coding stuff is released whenever, because it seems like it may be awhile before all that is completed. Like I said though, take your time guys, KAG deserves it. I'm just curious.

Cirom likes this.
  11. Livorion

Livorion Shipwright

I also think that we get "teased" waaaay too soon... or the Dev Blog lacks a "We won't see this in a long time" reminder...

Hey Geti, what if... next time you are 2 days away from the next Update, you tell us "it's going to take 2 months" and then... surprise, 2 days after... Great Update =D!

This game is great, I have been telling some people to join, keep up the "Love" for this game that you show =D

12. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Livorion: Maybe, seems like lying for no reason though :P
    UnderwaterBear: As I said about a page ago, It'll likely all be in one large bundle. All of the current stuff is literally 100% incompatible with the old stuff - we realised we'd be signing up for a longer delay for you guys but it means that all of the obtuse, old code gets removed and rewritten, which is a good thing :)
    LostPix: In my opinion achievements add literally nothing to the game, but we may be obliged to add them at some point.
    Rainbows: I didn't avoid the shotgun question. I said you wouldn't be able to pick catapults up -> no they won't be shotguns - they'll also be aimed at being effective vs infantry and not buildings when loaded with stones, and will fire more horizontally than vertically to reflect this. They'll still be effective vs small structures with boulders, and the other siege weapons will fill in the gaps re: besieging places, rams especially.

Re: "CAN I TEST IT WHEN ITS PUBLIC TEST VERSION?!?!?!" - yes, that's what public test version means.

Re: "specific questions about knight and archer mechanics" - I'll talk about them when they're finalised.

------------------------

In other news, expect a patch for classic in the next week that fixes the shield bash surfing, bombs destroying spike pits, and allows some tweaking of bombjumping. I'm sick to death of getting surfed for 10+ tiles by some scrub that leads with bash every single game, having to lead with slash+bomb or just retreat from their idiot hopping and shielding all day, and I'm sure a lot of you are too.

13. Rayne

Rayne ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

Clashing's already in the game and it's pure shit.

Don't get me wrong, it's a cool concept, but it's bad in actual practice, lag affects it too much. It also promotes jab spamming which lowers the skill cap, you can no longer properly time your jabs because some scumbag is just spamming at you.

14. Thiamor

Thiamor Horde Gibber
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Then it should be fixed so it isn't. I didn't notice clashing at all other than hitting shields.

15. Rayne

Sorry, just edited my post, read again.

16. Thiamor

Thiamor Horde Gibber
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

I meant more-or-less if they swing at the same time, so blades hit. This also makes timing more needed or else they bounce off each other's blades. Not jabbing to cause it. Same strikes at once sort of deal. Basically making it harder to do.

17. Rayne

Back to my first point, Lag affects it too much, by adding clashing they removed most of the opportunity to hit the other player successfully with correct timing, it's just a massive shield bash then jab fest now. They've been trying to get it right for almost 300 builds, i think it's just time to drop it, it's wasting precious time they need to work on other stuff with, because of the deadline.

If you played b190 with us, you'd understand, playing without clashing is a godsend, it's so good i can't even explain

jerloch and Ghozt like this.
  18. Bookmark

Bookmark Haxor

Here is what I think will happen:
    1. Take huge loan
    2. Server implodes because some odd bug appears
    3. KAG destroys itself while devs try to repair it
    4. Geti drives to your home and kills you
    Just like real life. :(
    Can't wait for scripting. Seems like we're heading in the right direction.

19. Areo

Areo much doge so swag wow
    1. PumpkinStars - [Pk#] - Inactive

1:Bugs like a Herobrine of Kag?
    2: TRUST IS THE KEY.
    3:Never happening
    4:I'll Pay him 20$

But all in all , I think this is a huge update for Kag , , If a success Kag would boost in members , ALOT OF MEMBERS , is what i think :shad: More for the mighty chin.

20. Ghozt

Ghozt Haxor

Think of this like the zombie update, it's going to all come at once, it's going to be big, it's going to be a while.

@Geti, good job not setting a date for release, unlike the zombie update, you stuffed that up, how much and how many times was the date pushed back?

Beef likes this.