1. If you have a problem and need help, create a new thread with a title that briefly describes the problem.
    Do not use titles like 'Help!' or 'I have a problem!'
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Port 443 and Master List trouble

Discussion in 'Server Help' started by FrozenSUSHI, Aug 13, 2012.

1. FrozenSUSHI

FrozenSUSHI Catapult Fodder

Hi there,

I am running a dedicated KAG server on a linux system but for some unknown reason the server never shows up in the server browser.

Connecting to the server via IP works and I tried wget on the server to download files via port 80 and 443 from another webserver in a different datacenter without problems.

Plz help ... I'd really like to give the community another open 32+ player server running on proper hardware.

2. WarrFork

WarrFork フォーク Donator Tester

Did you added a firewall exception for the port 443?

3. FrozenSUSHI

FrozenSUSHI Catapult Fodder

Yes all 4 ports that are listed on the wiki page are open.

My question is more on the how the server list is built ... is the game server sending his information via port 443 to the master server or is the master server polling the data from each game server?
    </br>--- merged: Aug 16, 2012 12:45 PM ---</br>
    I double checked all configs and looked at the used ports and the server never seems to connect to anything via port 443:

Code:
    netstat -a
    Active Internet connections (servers and established)
    Proto Recv-Q Send-Q Local Address          Foreign Address        State
    tcp        0      0 censored.censored:munin *:*                    LISTEN
    tcp        0      0 *:7777                  *:*                    LISTEN
    tcp6      0      0 2001:638:502:390::56365 wizard.thd.vg:http      TIME_WAIT
    udp        0      0 censored.censored:50301 *:*

Surely somebody has to have run into similar problems or know of some evil configuration magic needed to make the server appear in the master list.

4. miniu

miniu Haxor

Meaby, solution is simple . Meaby you have just internal/external ip (not remember one from this)