1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Guro's Glorious Premium Competition

Discussion in 'Old Events/Giveaways/Contests' started by Guro, Jul 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. superpokes

superpokes Bison Rider

Well, ok, it is not shitty.
    But it is still worse than his xD

2. Spoolooni

Spoolooni Shark Slayer

I'm going to be honest just to aggressively satisfy the fact that I just love it when people pathetically fall short when they are intimidated. It helps me remind myself of how I can be a better artist when I'm brave. :B):

Guro and superpokes like this.
  3. The Story of Kenozi, by Reudh. I have an image of Kenozi as well, though this was done with someone else at my request. I have no skills with drawing.
    Repeat: The story is my entry. The drawing is merely for flavour.
    [​IMG]
    Short Story - adapted from a character I had over on Bay12.
    It seemed like so long ago I was whole. I had left the safety of our lands to rescue one of the lost sons of the forest, but in less than half an hour after finding him in the tower, I was seized by Her minions. That Thari. She of the forest. As old as the hills, she was once a druid of our people, until she left our forest to seek forbidden arts.
    We heard no more of her until our lost son screamed with a magically magnified voice to us; and thus I was spurred to rescue him.

I was seized and placed in a gibbet, with my eyes ripped out brutally. Only Thari's twisted nature magic and the salve her minions constantly dabbed my wounds with kept me alive- and yet it was the most excruciating pain I had ever felt. I retreated into my mind, and knew no more.

* * *​

I woke at last to the sounds of battle. Gruff shouts, perhaps dwarven, and even the yip yip of kobolds could be heard. When at last these violent sounds ceased, I heard a thump thump thump and the clatter of the dwarves and kobolds. I was gently freed of my torture, and from the cheers and mad cries I heard my peers being freed too. Thari's regenerative magic was abruptly beginning to run low; and while I felt the torn hole in my lower body heal and close over, I felt Thari's influence splutter and die away. My eyes remained sadly hollow and empty, and so I sat down against the wall, sobbing gently.

A dwarf with a weak voice came over to me and spoke.
    "Are you blind? Do you need help?"
    I could barely find my voice, but when I did I was surprised at how bitter it was.
    "I am beyond help. Unless you can restore my sight, leave me to my fate."

What surprised me beyond measure was that the dwarf reached down and took what sounded like two pebbles from the ground.
    "May I?" he asked gently.

I heard a slight crackling sound as the dwarf did something to the pebbles. Perhaps this was what dwarves were famed for? The crafting of stone.

He laid me down and then pressed the two pebbles into my eye socket. And... and...

Somehow, oh glorious fate... I could see! I could see every colour and every bright speck of detail! The dwarf in front of me; hideous, as all dwarves are, and yet I had never seen such an amazing thing! The small brown dog-like kobolds... We were raised to hate them and yet I could not stop appreciating nature's work! The colours, the bounteous colours of nature were overwhelming after so long in the dark!

The joy I could not contain threatened to o'erwhelm me, so I gambolled about like a young child! I was whole again!

As I asked my saviour what his name was, I felt something in my body say "No more," and I fell into such a deep sleep as I never had been in in four hundred years. The time was to heal... and so I slept.

When I awoke, I found myself in a dwarven fortress. My saviour stood before me and introduced himself. I was a fully fledged member of this new fort, he said. Once I was fully healed I was expected to take up the mantle and aid the fort as the numerous other members did. He said I would be pleased to know two of my elven kin had decided to join us. I asked whom; he said
    "They do not remember their own names and so they were named Vemini and Jerry." Jerry was the first of us to be captured; with his arms cut off and replaced with axe blades he made the perfect woodcutter. Strangely this did not offend my sensibilities; perhaps I no longer cared about the forest. I could not remember my own name... so I asked him.

"What is my name?"
    He shifted from toe to toe, before speaking.
    "I do not know. Perhaps you would like a new name, like Jerry got?"

I thought for a moment.
    "I guess Quecaevi works. That means stone-eye in elven. But... I don't like that terribly much." He considered this, then spoke again.

"You seem like a strong person. Perhaps Zikelid... Fierce-Rock is a good name."

I liked that name. I thought I would make it elven. I didn't want to abandon my heritage entirely. Fierce-rock in elven was Kenoziathe.

"Kenoziathe-Zikelid. I like this name. This is now me. Thank you, small dwarf."

And so he bowed, before scuttling away.
    I sat down. What a new world to live in. I, Kenoziathe-Zikelid was reborn. I would do my utmost to help these people, for I owed them a life debt.
    THE END

4. DoopDeeDoo

DoopDeeDoo Tree Planter

Noooo. I don't think my drawing is going to win anymore. Haha. Too many people over power me with their artistic powers. :eek:

5. Oh, but like I said, the drawing is not mine. I just included it because the character in the story is the character in the drawing.

6. Areo

Areo much doge so swag wow
    1. PumpkinStars - [Pk#] - Inactive

All of us..Warrior men.​
    We might never be seen again.​
    king arthur leads us through the battle​
    but i see most , and they Crazily Shackle​
    But i see some , And they are calm​
    Because , they will not be touched by anyones palm....​
    I used to be a boy​
    Jumping for joy.​
    But when i heard of the war​
    I shouted , But their was More.​
    Now its worse​
    And everyone must see​
    That this is the true side of me​
    The Hero , Arthur rises once more.​
    And i , Just came to stop the gore.​
    Arthur , Knights me as one of his knights​
    And i am honered , all through the fights​
    To fight beside his powerfull highness.​
    But now , Im old , and i have a large amount for shyness.​
    King arthur has died , His son has risen.​
    But i am going to see my last Horizen...​
    ~Sir Lancelo-​
    Very Sorry About 2 Spoilers​
    Sorry theirs 2 Spoilers ,​

</br>--- merged: Aug 8, 2012 4:38 PM ---</br>
    Also My Building turn in. Colors explain: Black: Spikes included , Grey: Tips , Yellow: Archer post and week points , Blue: Falling things , Purple: Climbing/Getting up , Peach: Info , Green: Protection ,Also i was wrong , Might take like 6 builders to fully create this in 2 minutes , And i dont mean this exact building , A little less style wouldnt do anything to it , take out the sides Except the archer post! , Make the top a lil' Shorter and Da Da Practical Building! That can be made in CTF! , And that can be made by about 1-2 builder's in full Ctf buildingTime!!! Areo'sTurnInProject.Png

7. goodyman8

goodyman8 Bison Rider

Decided to at least try, also uhh I know this is late but what timezone/can we send untill 16th? and what timezone?.
    Sorry for "Cluttering up the thread" but thats just basic information that wasn't included. :oops:
    Also will we be able to use some things that already exist? like sky from KAG for back grounds etc.
    [​IMG]
    Proof (CBA to DL video software, and I like to think a lot while spriting <_<).
    So got some screenshots while the phrase is in progress.

Think Spooloni is going to win this one though :( , way fancier than this.

[​IMG]
    ALSO please zoom in with something like paint.net while viewing it, the blur effect ruins pixels and tinypic likes blurs.

8. Guro

Guro SNAP INTO A SLIM JIM

Today is the day that the competition was set to end, however nobody has entered the music section of the competition at this point in time. Due to this I am extending the competition for 1 week (finishing date 19 August) and changing the criteria for the music section to include videos that you have made related to KAG or other video games. I will be accepting further entries for other sections of the competition until the 19th as well. If nobody has submitted something by the 19th for the music/video section of the competition then I will give the prize away to somebody of my choosing at random. I have changed the OP to reflect this post. Good luck and have fun all!

UnnamedPlayer likes this.
  9. Woohoo! Extend!

RL had me and I thought I wouldn't be able to submit soon.

BeasterDenBeast likes this.
  10. Contrary

Contrary The Audacious Paramount of Explosive Flight Donator Tester

Video entry:

edit: also make sure to rejudge me earlier map. I made some improvements.

edit2: kouji and ej are SUPER SCRUBS

Guro likes this.
  11. goodyman8

goodyman8 Bison Rider

Does this mean we can retry our entries?
    If so then some late participants can finally make something worthy.

Guro likes this.
  12. Kouji

Kouji Cold, Uncaring, Sadistic, Evil and Cruel Meanie Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. REKINS OF SEAS: Super Crew of Ultimate Havoking 2: Return of King of KAG: Chapter 420blazeit - REKIN

notlondonbridge.png

Personally it looks better on a gold server because of the wood:
    screen-12-08-12-15-46-40.png
    screen-12-08-12-15-46-54.png
    screen-12-08-12-15-47-02.png
    screen-12-08-12-15-47-09.png
    screen-12-08-12-15-47-12.png
    But it's okay if you use it on a free server.
    screen-12-08-12-15-44-17.png
    screen-12-08-12-15-44-36.png
    screen-12-08-12-15-45-41.png

Ej and Contrary are both scrubs

edit: Contrary is still a scrub

13. DoopDeeDoo

DoopDeeDoo Tree Planter

14. Creille

Creille Base Burner

Hey guro I hope this isn't to late but is to still possible to enter the section for maps?
    I'm gonna make a huge RPG adventure map. :)

15. You've got to the 19th, I think. Guro extended it by one week because no one had entered in the music section.

Guro likes this.
  16. Creille

Creille Base Burner

An coolies :) might be able to do 2 things then :)

17. feet

feet Bison Rider

I'm going to enter the art section with my profile pic (do you need the file?), and the writing with my story below.

You guide me through the uncertain light.
    You shine on me, during the cold, dark night.
    You watch over me, and I know you’re there,
    Protecting me with your constant stare.
    You dispel my fears; make my dreams come true,
    I will always know I can trust in you.

FuzzyBlueBaron likes this.
  18. Guro

Guro SNAP INTO A SLIM JIM

Hello KAG forums! Today is judgement day for the competition. It was ridiculously difficult to pick winners for some areas though. After much deliberation I am proud to announce the winners of the 5 premium codes.

The winners are as follows:

Video/Music Section: Contrary

RTDM Map Making: Kouji

Visual Art: Spoolooni (it was tough as tits to decide though, as we had some really awesome entries)

Building: EJ

Poetry/Writing: Voltagen

Congratulations to our winners!

I am really happy with the amount of talent that was showcased as well as the amount of attention and positive resposnse my humble little comeptition attracted. I will PM the codes incividually to the winners. I hope everyone had fun though, that was the main thing. Stay tuned for more competitions in the future!

Entries for this competition are now closed and I would appreciate if a mod would lock and unsticky the thread.

Aladdinsane, Gonf, Kyzak and 3 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.