1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Urban Dead (Because DayZ is for pussy casuals)

Discussion in 'Other games' started by Beef, Aug 11, 2012.

Mods: BlueLuigi
  1. Beef

Beef ก็็็็็็็็็็็็็ʕ•͡ᴥ•ʔ ก้้้้้้้้้้้ Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

The bare bones summary;

"Urban dead is afree online persistant MMO zombie/survivor RPG kinda game, simple graphics, limited amounts of actions per day, no NPCs, everyone you interact with- human or zombie- is controlled by another person, real time, tactical, very social (lots of user-created groups), requires only 15 minutes a day, bastard hard initially, gets easier with skills and knowledge, set in a 100x100 block city with buildings that need to be barricaded, powered, etc to help keep zombies out and resource buildings that become the inevitable siege battle grounds, no ingame economy, you have to find everything yourself, 10,000 people still play every day (was once much more that that) etc etc"

Now that you know what the game is about, let me tell what the game entails.

You awake in a city that has died and is too stubborn to care. You begin your life (or unlife) as a weak, stupid, fool, and you must run, and hide, from the nasty things which will kill you on sight.

This will of course be much easier once you join King Arthurs Horde! The number one group for King Arthurs Gold Players. Currently zombies. Screw da humies.

Come and see.

You'll probably need some help. See here, the First day in Malton guide. The in-game help is pretty vague. Also, zombie guide here. We'll be playing as zombies, but if you guys want to start off as humans, feel free. A firefighter or a scientist is easiest.

BAH RAH!

Cadbury, Viken, xChapx and 4 others like this.
  2. Shadlington

Shadlington THD Team THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

I used to play this a lot, and was leader of the (at the time) most notorious PKer group - RedRum - at one point.
    I have 6 maxed out characters that I haven't touched in years.

It was actually a member of that group RR that gave me the name Shadlington :)

BlueLuigi and Wonkyth like this.
  3. Beef

Beef ก็็็็็็็็็็็็็ʕ•͡ᴥ•ʔ ก้้้้้้้้้้้ Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

More details on Shads dirty history being revealed.

4. Wonkyth

Wonkyth More precious than carbuncles! Donator Tester

Yeah, from what I remember, this game is pretty damned fun. However, I have a backlog to crunch through; see you all in four years. ;_;

5. pokeblue

pokeblue Catapult Fodder

i might have to give this a try....

6. Viken

Viken Horde Gibber

I have three maxed out characters myself. One is currently a freelancing PKer, one is a zombie with brain rot, and the other is a goody two-shoes survivor. I never logged in consistently enough to get heavily involved in clan affairs; a week or two ago I returned from a several month long hiatus...first thing I did was murder two survivors in a police station, then retreated to a nearby darkened cinema. Ah, it's good to be bad :flex: :skull: :D

http://www.urbandead.com/profile.cgi?id=973124 - killing other harmanz since level 30 or so; experience points have mostly been halved since then.
    http://www.urbandead.com/profile.cgi?id=1309667 - good survivor.
    http://www.urbandead.com/profile.cgi - zombie.

There's not much to show off, really, I'm just linking my accounts in case anyone wants to meet up for a crusade.

EDIT: Where is the point of attack for King Arthur's Horde?

EDIT2: Morgan, my zombie, is currently in Lerwill Heights with a feral horde of 20 zombies attacking a hospital. But I'll switch locations pretty quickly if we get a posse together.

Beef likes this.
Mods: BlueLuigi