1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Do any fellow KAG-ians play a musical instrument?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Guro, Jun 3, 2012.

Mods: BlueLuigi
  1. Eggnogg

Eggnogg Ye Olde Wench Donator Tester

If I get the chance, I'll get a video of myself playing Song of Storms.

Guro and Contrary like this.
  2. thebonesauce

thebonesauce All life begins and ends with Nu Staff Alumni
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. The Ivory Tower of Grammar-Nazis

I've been a musician for about 15 years now. I've been playing the drums that whole time, the guitar for about 11 (but only like 6 of those were seriously done), I can play the bass and a little bit of keyboard/synth. I've been in a few local bands and even filled in for the bassist in a touring band! Much fun.

Guro likes this.
  3. Sitanel

Sitanel Shopkeep Stealer

I play drums, harmonic, triangle, tambourine, guitar, electric guitar, bass guitar and guitar hero guitar (not at same time).

Guro likes this.
  4. Nighthawk

Nighthawk gaurenteed shitter

Cello.

That's it.

*Feels inadequate* :QQ:

5. Awesomec

Awesomec Shark Slayer

Been playing piano and percussion for 5 years, hoping to get on the drum line, also hoping to learn the sax.

Guro likes this.
  6. Jackal

Jackal Shark Slayer

The necromancer has arrived to raise this thread from the dead.

I play guitar, harmonica, drums and trombone.

7. Gonf

Gonf Base Burner

I'm currently learning how to whistle without spreading my saliva everywhere.

8. Guro

Guro SNAP INTO A SLIM JIM

Believe it.

Jackal and Gonf like this.
  9. Gonf

Gonf Base Burner

I'm the guy in the purple shirt!

Jackal likes this.
  10. Doolie

Doolie Catapult Fodder

I dabble a bit with the flute and harmonica.

11. thebonesauce

thebonesauce All life begins and ends with Nu Staff Alumni
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. The Ivory Tower of Grammar-Nazis

So, a very good friend of mine passed away two summers ago from the evils of drug addiction... He was a good kid who got caught up in some bullshit, and he was one of the dudes that I jammed with almost daily back in my teenage years. I've always wanted to do a project to commemorate him, so I came up with an idea to record an album, sell it at like $5 a pop, and donate half of the proceeds to his family, and the other half to St. Judes Children's Hospital. I've been dabbling around with the name Trainwreck, but writing has hit kind of a stalemate. I'll see if I can't get something recorded (on my shit laptop) and up for criticism.

jerloch, Gonf and Guro like this.
  12. Doolie

Doolie Catapult Fodder

please don't stray from the subject, have you taken up a new instrument recently? I've taken the keyboard/piano. the subject is whether you play an instrument or not, not friends dying.

13. Guro

Guro SNAP INTO A SLIM JIM

I encouraged people to post compositions, which is what he plans to do. Personally I would be glad to critique any and every piece of music he posts here. Please stop pseudo-moderating the thread. You won't make any friends acting that way towards people, especially when you're dealing with a subject as sensitive as death.

It's good to hear that you have taken up an instrument though. What type of piano/keyboard do you have? Electronic or acoustic?

thebonesauce and Contrary like this.
  14. Chinizz

Chinizz Arsonist

15. PeterPan14

PeterPan14 Bison Rider

Trumpet. . . xD

16. Canadian98

Canadian98 Haxor Tester

I just started to learn the guitar :P

17. Zegovia

Zegovia Shark Slayer

I used to play clarinet.... got teased because it sounded like a dying elephant (by my father and brother no less!)....

But that was way back in third grade.....

18. RobertStephenson

RobertStephenson Builder Stabber

I used to play drums and guitar , I gave up and now I just stick to sports.

Guro likes this.
  19. Aevenien

Aevenien Bison Rider

Hello, I'm playing acoustic guitar and electric guitar for about 3,5-4 years.
    Can somebody tell me, what is better: Boss DD-3 or DD-7? :D I want to buy one, but dd-7 is more expensive :QQ:

20. GreenRock

GreenRock Base Burner

I played violin for 3 years: 6th, 7th, 8th grade. I played the violins rented from the school, so I don't own one and I'm completely rusty at it. I stopped playing violin the moment I started going to high school because I thought playing guitar would be more cool (This sounds like a sentence a douchebag would write).

I've been playing guitar 4 years now. I play it everyday. High school was a huge growing period for me, musically. Starting off with the mentality that guitar is cooler seems silly now, because I can legitimately say I enjoy the instrument. I had 3 years of formal education in guitar while at high school, and the reason it's not 4 is because I didn't take guitar class my senior year. I was focused on getting shit done for college, so I put guitar on the backburner the last year. However, in those 3 years of guitar class, I learned the ways of classical guitar and ultimately participated in a fiery quartet my junior year (the link is the song played by The Los Angeles Guitar Quartet, but I assure you, we sounded almost exactly like this). Just to show off my level of playing :D. I write a lot of my own stuff, and I would link my soundcloud but I think my songwriting skills aren't that great, and it has a lot of personal information I would rather not link to :)

I have a steel-string guitar, a nylon string one, a ukulele, a banjo, a harmonica, and a keyboard. Not including the guitars, I have a basic understanding of these instruments. Again, I took classes for guitar, but everything else was sort of self-taught/internet/tablature. I am, by no means, a natural singer. Another reason why I think I'm a bad songwriter.

I would like to think of myself as a musician. Not a day has gone by where I don't pick up one of my guitars. It started off as being a "I'm going to look cool" things, and it grew into a passionate hobby I can't live without.

thebonesauce and Guro like this.
Mods: BlueLuigi