1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

[469] Peter's Offensive & Defensive Towers.

Discussion in 'Building Critiques' started by PeterPan14, Aug 14, 2012.

?

More towers?

1. Yes.

15 vote(s)
    46.9%
  2. No.

9 vote(s)
    28.1%
  3. I love it!

6 vote(s)
    18.8%
  4. That is shit.

14 vote(s)
    43.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. KingGoldZX

KingGoldZX Shopkeep Stealer

here is my offensive/defensive towers its my best so far

Attached Files:

2. qaq456

qaq456 Catapult Fodder

Your towers are not very good... the first one lets the enemy straight to the top of you base the second will get so many team kills from people jumping out into the spikes.

Any way here is my pro tower. It is really good because of the spike trap, very high tower and quick building as well as low resource cost. Thats the first one.

The second one isn't mine but was a very tough building to get around. The spike traps encouraged me to jump the gaps which were very hard to make and the ladders made it easy for the enemy to slam me.

Attached Files:

3. PeterPan14

PeterPan14 Bison Rider

Your building is to tall, if a builder or archer jumps off they will die.

4. Bunnyboy

Bunnyboy Haxor

Keeping in mind that it's not just about taking damage when you jump out of a tower, make sure that the door is no higher the 8 blocks. If it is, you get stunned.

5. AnRK

AnRK Shark Slayer

Also don't think that KingGolds towers are really THAT bad either to be honest, those ladders are most likely there just for when he was building, both towers have some good design principles (good work with actually having a catapult nest in your second one) and just need a bit of finesse and correction of some small mistakes. Also some better archer cover cos there's fuck all other then a load of doors in various places, they both desperately need archer windows and also they need the shops putting in more sensible places, alot of improvement needed but I'd rather be defending that then a mindless block tower.

Speaking of which, if I was on your team qaq, I'd be grieving that tower in the middle of your first screenshot, it makes your tower on the left totally useless, as if the enemy takes it then they can just hop over it using the height of that tower (which does absolutely nothing, it's weak, has no way in or out other then from the very top, offers no archer cover, contains no shops, entirely useless other then to the other team) to cancel out your next tower. As for your tower it could do with some more freedom archer wise, you only have 1 angle of attack from there, take a look at the page before for some ideas on how to make an archer nest with some more flexibility, could also do with an arrow shop on that note.

The second tower is just a block tower, and while it's fairly tough, that can be used against you, builder builds stone round themselves->builder starts hammering->you have a pain in the arse termite. The door is also far too high as has been mentioned and there's no overhang to make simply laddering over the thing a little more difficult. If that tower was empty for literally 5 seconds, a builder could easily ladder up and stone off both exits and start turning it into a red tower.

PeterPan14 and Bunnyboy like this.
  6. FG

FG Fran Donator

i built almost 1 third of that tower with some other people.

i back walled it and built the spike bit on the bottom.etc.

7. ArpiG

ArpiG Shopkeep Stealer

Where the catapult should go? That is very important! I think...

8. Creille

Creille Base Burner

Wow Peter that's a good second tower I think if theres a builder always on the ready it would be quite successful.
    Hopefully one day spikes get the builder assists or something.
    Just high enough to not be able to do a standing bomb jump :P

Canadian98 likes this.
  9. PeterPan14

PeterPan14 Bison Rider

Tell you what I was thinking of that same thing today, that if somebody died on your spike it would give you kills. How awesome would that be? :D
    </br>--- merged: Aug 17, 2012 7:58 AM ---</br>
    Heres another tower. Again this is just quick and easy to build. nothing special.

Attached Files:

Canadian98 likes this.
  10. KingGoldZX

KingGoldZX Shopkeep Stealer

first of all look closely at both like rly there are exits on da bottom and i think poeple are smart enough not to jump right outa dose doors those are for archers like rly -_-
    </br>--- merged: Aug 17, 2012 6:54 PM ---</br>
    you sir are a imbasile

11. AnRK

AnRK Shark Slayer

I think you're the imbecile personally, since that comment was clearly in reference to the towers posted by the other guy ;)

12. qaq456

qaq456 Catapult Fodder

I'm confused. You do realise I was joking right?

13. Added a build number, please don't forget about it.

14. PeterPan14

PeterPan14 Bison Rider

Whats a build number..? :3

15. Canadian98

Canadian98 Haxor Tester

like the version of the game?

16. AnRK

AnRK Shark Slayer

Build number is in the bottom right of the screen, use it on the title these kinda threads so people know how a structure/tactic whatever works with how the game is currently setup. For example a builder combat guide from the last build will be of little use in the current build since their combat effectiveness has been significantly reduced (apparently at least, that's what's been said though, haven't had a go on the new build yet).

No, unfortunately some people are really that stupid, as your screenshot so clearly proved ;)