1. If you have a problem and need help, create a new thread with a title that briefly describes the problem.
    Do not use titles like 'Help!' or 'I have a problem!'
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Help me making a server for my clan on mac

Discussion in 'Server Help' started by kl4060, Feb 23, 2012.

1. kl4060

kl4060 Haxor

i want to make a server for our clan KAN and i donna how.
    I'm using mac any tutorial links or... plz help

2. trelawney

trelawney KAG Guard Tester

Space reserved. Working on it.

3. kl4060

kl4060 Haxor

what do you mean working on it you making it for me?

4. trelawney

KAG on OSX lacks the dedicated server scripts (or seperate executable for that matter), but I think there might be a hackish workaround to it, if you MUST host your own server (plenty of empty servers around btw). That's what I'm working on.

Simpler explanation: You are not supposed to host dedicated servers on OSX, but I think the functionality is there somewhere, that's why you'll have to wait to find out - I so far managed to package a script in Platypus but it spews a few errors.

[update]
    1.Platypus is one great piece of software ^^

2.The reason the server starts fine but spews popup windows is the incomplete Info.plist that comes bundled with KAG. Instead of passing arguments to the KAG binary it tries to open those files with it (esoteric OSX stuff here way over my head :D)

3. REMOVE Info.plist (or if you miss KAG icon use the correct one: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/23114384/kag/Info.plist) and kag works just like in linux, no more popups and arguments passed properly \o/

Noburu likes this.
  5. kl4060

kl4060 Haxor

didn't undustand a thing can you explain it a bit simper ( i think you said so i can host if i want and you will host it if not?)

and i don't have to host it thanks. unless the server is not going to be open 24/7 or me not being an admin

ank a big TY

6. trelawney

7. kl4060

kl4060 Haxor

still says cannot execute binary file
    logout

8. trelawney

What are you trying to do exactly?

9. kl4060

kl4060 Haxor