1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

King Arthur's Role-Playing Server

Discussion in 'Server Directory' started by VanHuek, Aug 5, 2012.

?

Is this a good idea and would you like it put into action?

1. Yes

90.7%
  2. No

9.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Mods: jackitch
  1. Thiamor

Thiamor Horde Gibber
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Pretty sure other than Health differences, they are not.

2. Invaders

Invaders Shark Slayer

If I could make one suggestion for a new map, it would be to move humans to the left of the map; giving them a more defensible area, add two forests (one on either side of the median) and a dungeon system so orcs have more options on where to settle (and to make it easier for them to avoid sun, and get things done). I'd gladly help build this.

3. kuulness

kuulness Tree Planter

How are they not the most balanced class?

4. Sylverlight

Sylverlight Catapult Fodder

Just to tell you guys i was kicked from the server because the golden structure i had completly built my self was destroyed. I was immediatly blamed even though I had not broken the last block thus not making me the villian or griefer of my own project. I took plenty of snapshots to show this. I have looked into my KAG snapshot folder and here they are. screen-12-08-23-18-42-29.png

5. Masery

Masery is actually Maroon Donator

Thiamor. You're talking about lore, and then saying that Orcs should be like vampires.
    Durp.

6. UnnamedPlayer

UnnamedPlayer Arsenist Administrator Global Moderator Tester
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]

I will take some time to unban you now.

Also: dumping some logs from a great RP match I played yesterday.
    Orcs made their nest in the mountain and elected Titmau5 as their leader. Travelers used to pass over the mountain (those who tried to cross orcs home got killed and their bodies used as furniture) but then, orcs got greedy and decided to charge gold for people crossing.
    I was a dwarf guard, and since we had some business with elves we needed that route to make sure our kingdom keep well-supplied.
    With a fellow dwarf and lots of bombs I entered the orc nest and killed them all (including their chief).
    The idea was just to kick their asses and show them who have the biggest beard of the mountain, but my fellow got too exited and started to break orc stuff before I told him to stop. We returned to the base, and a couple minutes later when the night started to settle an orc came after us.

The rest of the story you find below:

[22:55:46] <MOLE UnnamedPlayer> LET US PASS FOR FREE OR YOU WILL FEEL MY WRATH
    #I got in orc mountain and kill them all
    [22:56:03] <SHARK Arcrave> Y YOU DO!?!?!
    [22:56:09] <MOLE UnnamedPlayer> Don't
    [22:56:10] <Miss Titmau5> DEATH TO RED WHORES
    #my friend starts to destroy orc stuff
    [22:56:21] <MOLE UnnamedPlayer> don't destroy their base
    [22:56:27] <MOLE UnnamedPlayer> we just wanna pass for free
    [22:56:30] <SHARK Arcrave> WHAT HAVE YOU DO!!!!!!
    [22:56:39] <Shmoul> What have you do?
    [22:56:42] <Miss Titmau5> GET OUT
    [22:56:44] <SHARK Arcrave> ORC KILL BEARDMAN... BATTLE WAR!!!!!!
    #Orcs stop charging for the crossing : )
    [22:56:45] <Miss Titmau5> GO OVER
    [22:56:48] <Miss Titmau5> OR DIE
    [22:56:48] <MOLE UnnamedPlayer> go over the top
    [22:57:52] <[Lee] pokeblue> stop we have the gold
    [22:57:56] <TFFS Doc22> lets bring this as a peace offering :D
    #An orc come to dwarf base
    [22:58:14] <SHARK Arcrave> WHO SPEAK FOR BEARDMAN!!!!
    [22:58:23] <Grunt Sarkalest> The Pit-Boss is not here.
    [22:58:31] <MOLE UnnamedPlayer> What do you want orc?
    [22:58:33] <SHARK Arcrave> THEN WHO SPEAK IF HE DED
    [22:58:39] <Grunt Sarkalest> Your mother.
    [22:58:41] <MOLE UnnamedPlayer> I do
    [22:58:42] <Grunt Sarkalest> *laughs*
    #Orc stabs sarka once for that comment
    [22:58:53] <MOLE UnnamedPlayer> Yes?
    [22:58:57] <SHARK Arcrave> Y YOU DESTROY ORC NEST?
    [22:59:07] <MOLE UnnamedPlayer> You were charging for us to cross over the mountain
    [22:59:15] <SHARK Arcrave> SO YOU DESTROY!?!?!
    [22:59:29] <MOLE UnnamedPlayer> I didn't destroyed my friend here did, I told him to stop
    [22:59:33] <MOLE UnnamedPlayer> But we will pay you
    [22:59:36] <MOLE UnnamedPlayer> for the damages
    [22:59:44] <SHARK Arcrave> NO I SAW YOU MAKE BOOM!!!
    [23:00:00] <MOLE UnnamedPlayer> I was defending my people rights to cross for free
    [23:00:05] <SHARK Arcrave> ORC WAHNT JUSTICE OR WAR...WE WILL BURN YOUR KINGDOM TO THE GROUND
    [23:00:09] <Miss Titmau5> ...
    [23:00:13] <MOLE UnnamedPlayer> So be it
    #Orc walk away. Since we have honor, we let him go alive and start to prepare our defenses for the night

7. Masery

Arcrave pisses me off some times.
    He starts wars for stupid ass reasons like,
    "ORK WAHNT JUSTICE"
    He does it all the fucking time.
    It's the same reason, every day.
    sigh.
    And I RP as the Orks.

8. You know the fun thing about RP'ing, and the difference between that and gameplay?

You RP.

Deaths and kills do not technically matter. The world is your oyster. There are boundaries that can be set and followed.

You say Elves are underpowered? Archers and builders die to bombs. Elves should have knights. Knights with 2 hearts. Knights who don't use their shield or bombs. Only their blades. The generic warrior. I mean, we don't all get born with oaken shields that deflect bomb blasts and shrapnel, aye?

There should be some sort of organization to war and such, as it seems meta is being used as a viable weapon in-game. The only thing which truly lacks is a 'Current status of the game' -- as situations mostly always deviate from the lore due to current events, there must be some kind of banner or occasional reminder to the players as it sometimes gets confusing upon log-in, and chaos happens around you due to RP events or ongoing processions about war and such.

Also, water. How's about making a tiny depression in the map, and use that as a moat for...which race was it that needs natural defense the most?

9. Masery

We could do what Hawk's server does -
    Set it so that the zoom is locked into 3x Zoom so people aren't omnipotent, knowing when a speeding arrow is coming towards them from a tree from some hidden elven archer.

10. ZeThtb

ZeThtb Haxor

Apperently flaming the chat works better then obeying the rules...

[some clan tag] Misa broke those rules:

General Rules;
    1. Only OOC chat with double parenthesis example - ((What's up man?))
    (he didn't do that once, just MOTHERFUCKER and so on in chat 24/7)

2. Play your character correctly and how your character would act.

Ditto

5. No killing people as they type

Broken

World rules;
    1. Build in your factions regions.
    Broken and source of the conflict... building a huge something in the middle of elf forest and building over tree stumps to do so... which is why (After 8!) warning i had to attack him.

2. Stick to you Factions guidelines, read the their lore to know everything about them.

haha

3. No going to war with another faction unless you have a legit reason to do so.

Ditto, just randroming everyone that passes though his area of the map.

About my ban, I got NOTHING of these:

The Warning system;
    1. A warning that you broke the rules
    2. Another Reminder that you broke the rules
    3. A kick for not heeding the warnings
    4. For some reason, even after the kick, and you find your way back on and brake the rules, you will be Banned.

No warning, just Miso spamming "ban that faggot motherfucker" in chat about 3 times in 10 sec - and his buddy Dwarf Viking insta-banned me (ZeThtb).

If roleplaying (and taking the time to typ) is rewarded with 32 deads + a ban, I see little hope for this server. If the actual server owner even cares, maybe clean out your admin stable, its starting to smell. Enforce the ACTUAL RULES.

RoboRex, Tiruin and Ne3zy like this.
  11. I used the "rogue" tag before this suggestion, and I think it unfair to connect it to random killers. I used it to escape being associated with a ridiculously tyrannous king... I think it should be used by those who do not agree with the rest of their race, and instead live in inter-racial colonies governed as a republic. Or something.

12. Ne3zy

Ne3zy Haxor

stop erring this is not a RP server it's a TDM one, most of the people who plays this don't even know what is the RP or where is the fun RPing, so just adapt yourself and freekill because if you are RP you'll never get fun with DMers.

13. Sir_Edward

Sir_Edward Builder Stabber

You know, I still haven't found this server. Is it only up at specific times?
    </br>--- merged: Aug 23, 2012 5:30 PM ---</br>
    Wow. so i finally join the server, i read the rules, i go human, try and rebuild the base, other human guy was helping the dwarves for some reason, and then i get banned.

1.) why was i banned

2.) what the hell.

Noone said anything, i was just banned. for no fucking reason.

About my ban, I got NOTHING of these:

The Warning system;
    1. A warning that you broke the rules
    2. Another Reminder that you broke the rules
    3. A kick for not heeding the warnings
    4. For some reason, even after the kick, and you find your way back on and brake the rules, you will be Banned.

also, why is there a dwarf god?

14. kuulness

kuulness Tree Planter

You could have been ping kicked

15. Sir_Edward

ping banned or ping kicked? because it said i was banned :(

16. Ne3zy

Ne3zy Haxor

kicks ban you for some minutes

17. Sir_Edward

Ok, figured it out, and went back in. now the humans have a hotel, the orcs are next door, elves just run around all over our base, and then a dwarf attacks people randomly, i ask him to leave 5 times, he still walks around, and i attack him after he attacks another guy after 1 final warning, get frozen, and get warned for rdm... ill wait till the server restart, this game is a fking mess.

18. Ne3zy

Ne3zy Haxor

19. Zeeee80

Zeeee80 Haxor

I will personally look into this. If what you say is true then Viking ad no right to Ban you at all. I am also sorry for the inconvenience that has accord to you

20. TotalPotato

TotalPotato Haxor
    1. KRPG

Clarifcation for people who decide they want to take over whatever they want at the start of a game
    Humans: Between the two stone towers on both sides of the mountains
    Dwarves: The stronghold right of the map
    Elves: The forest left of the map
    Orcs: Listen to this very closely THE FRIKKING WELLS THAT LEAD UNDERGROUND

Mods: jackitch
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.