1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Pokemon General

Discussion in 'Other games' started by MechaTrickster, Jan 16, 2012.

Mods: BlueLuigi
  1. superpokes

superpokes Bison Rider

lolol dae nostalgia? new pokemon sux

2. Invaders

Invaders Shark Slayer

I thought Black/White were Gen5.
    Also:
    ERMRULD WUZ DA BEST HURR DURR

3. MechaTrickster

MechaTrickster Banned Donator

What's wrong with throwing animals/objects/plants/spirits together with an element type? Generation 1 does it just as bad as the other generations. Squirrel + Turtle = Squirtle Hurr Fire+Dragon=Charizard Flower Bulb+Dinosaur=Venusaur. If you think the current generation of pokemon is lazy and uncreative then it means GameFreak hasn't had any ideas from the start.
    I honestly cannot think of one bad pokemon design.

GloriousToast and Justpad like this.
  4. Touché

5. Bunnyboy

Bunnyboy Haxor

Black and White are gen5, there are now 649 of them. Yes, and I loved Emerald. It was, and still is my favourite pokemon game being the first one I ever played.

Bammboo likes this.
  6. ...So did they with the first 151?

I mean, really... A ball pokemon. A giant orb of gaseous toxins. A walking tree with eggs falling off its face.

Nowadays we have some pretty awesome designs. I don't know how you can just dismiss the new generations out of hand. We have more complex and 'alien' looking mons because the artists have more space and colours to work with.

7. Invaders

Invaders Shark Slayer

Gen5==Recolors and slight variations of existing pokemon.

8. Show me an example.

9. MechaTrickster

MechaTrickster Banned Donator

I can't tell if that's a joke or not.

10. GloriousToast

GloriousToast Haxor Donator

gen 6 is likely going to be amazing. people will hate on them all they like. im imba happy cause they are likely releasing another 150+ pokemon of which there will be a no. 666 pokemon and a no. 777 pokemon which would be fricking amazing. and i would want to make a whole team based on numbers

11. Wonkyth

Wonkyth More precious than carbuncles! Donator Tester

Yep, sounds to me like you have a fairly standard case of nostalgic disillusionment. :P

Justpad likes this.
  12. :P I was on about the tv series, not the games. But I guess the answers would have been true if I was stating about one or the other :p

BeasterDenBeast likes this.
  13. Wonkyth

Wonkyth More precious than carbuncles! Donator Tester

I'm well aware you were talking about the show. :3

14. GloriousToast

if gen 1 was gen 5 people would still say that

15. I remember seeing an image of 'What if Garchomp existed in Gen I, and Charizard in Gen IV?'

They had different colouring and different designs. Garchomp had nowhere near as many spikes, and had a more washed out colouring. Charizard had black wings and a black patch, with 'evil' looking eyes. The difference is a change in the design; as artists age, their styles do change too. Ken Sugimori and the others now have more detail and more colours to work with.

To say that they're recolours or slight variations of existing mons is foolish in the extreme. I beg you to give me an example. (Ones that are intended to add on to existing mons, say... Electivire and Magmortar, don't count.)

MechaTrickster likes this.
  16. Contrary

Contrary The Audacious Paramount of Explosive Flight Donator Tester

I got a GBA emulator for my phone and started playing FireRed. My team is something like:
    Ivysaur
    Nidorino
    Wigglytuff
    Mankey
    Zubat
    Paras

So I love Nidoking but that would have Poison type redundancy with Ivysaur. I also really love Crobat but that would be another Poison redundancy. :/ Maybe I should just make a Poison team.

I guess I'll have to see what else I can catch. The only other Pokemon I've seen are Rattata, Spearow, that other generic bird, Geodude (who's cool but I don't really want him), Weedle, and Caterpie. Paras is an interesting Pokemon but he's definitely out. Mankey is ok and I might consider keeping him if I don't find like a Machop or something and if I can get something that can wall Psychics. Wigglytuff is around for lols, dunno if I will keep. Surprisingly tanky.

Invaders likes this.
  17. GloriousToast

I have an audino just for the lols. I got it at lvl 7 and now it is level 60. So just keep wigglytuff and call him wigglys

18. Madoka

Madoka Shopkeep Stealer

Consider the need of HM's in your team before planning anything. I remember when I first played fire red I was all like "Fuck bitches no one can stop my Rattata team now" then I realized that you need certain types of pokemon in order to surf, cut trees and such. Though having a "HM-only pokemon" in your team might solve this, it's not fun at all (at least for me cuz I feel some sort of weird affection for my pokemanz)

Bunnyboy, Contrary and MechaTrickster like this.
  19. Kouji

Kouji Cold, Uncaring, Sadistic, Evil and Cruel Meanie Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. REKINS OF SEAS: Super Crew of Ultimate Havoking 2: Return of King of KAG: Chapter 420blazeit - REKIN

I personally never had much affection for my HM slave. I only get affection if I actually bother training them.

Bammboo likes this.
  20. Contrary

Contrary The Audacious Paramount of Explosive Flight Donator Tester

As far as pink blobs go, Audino is much better than Wigglytuff I think but Wigglytuff is actually not too bad. There were these move tutors who I got Mega Kick off of and it's pretty beastly on Wigglytuff since everyone else is lucky if they have a 60 BP attack, let alone STAB bonus on top of that.

Also yeah probably need an HM slave. In Emerald I used that pelican guy because he could fly and surf. Getting a shiny Gyarados is part of the main story in this game right? Maybe he can be my HM slave/badass flying sea snake thingy.

Mods: BlueLuigi