1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Concerns about the new updates regarding bombs.

Discussion in 'Classes & Mechanics' started by Brilly, Aug 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. saniblues

saniblues KAG Guard Tester

"Pander" (If you want to call it that) to a minority community of pros or "pander" to the larger majority of the playerbase.

Gee Einstein, if I were developing this game I wonder which one I'd choose.
    You sure do like flinging this word around.

Competent players aren't automatically good players. You're probably referring to that master race of players that have "Mad Skillz," or whatever term took that term's place (Was it "Competent?" I hope not.)

Gofio likes this.
  2. Brilly

Brilly Haxor

Except that the larger majority either actually becomes good at the game, turns into griefers, or leaves it entirely.

And no, I'm not talking about "mad skills", I'm talking about basic knowledge of the game.

BeasterDenBeast likes this.
  3. Dett11

Dett11 Shipwright

Why not just make friendly thrown bombs unable to harm you? I think it would solve it?

4. allknowingfrog

allknowingfrog Bison Rider

I've always considered early detonation a legitimate tactic. There are many situations where you can predict that enemy knights will come at you with bombs. Lighting one as they approach used to allow you to detonate theirs at a safe distance and score a kill or two. Bomb-jumping is neat, but it's an odd emergent phenomenon, not a core mechanic.

I don't have anything against bomb-jumping, but I don't think it's a good reason to do away with triggered detonations. Team-killing seems like the more important issue.

Bammboo likes this.
  5. Hella

Hella The Nightmare of Hair Global Moderator Donator Tester

Um. I like the change.

Does that make me a bad person?

6. KnightGabe13

KnightGabe13 Arsonist

Well, bombs not blowing up spikes kinda sucks. But everything else is fine.

I dearly hope not, 'cause I do too.

7. GreenRock

GreenRock Base Burner

BOMBS CAN'T BLOW UP SPIKES NOW????!!!111?? SPIKE PITS WILL BE SO GODDAMN EFFECTIVE NOW!1

8. Contrary

Contrary The Audacious Paramount of Explosive Flight Donator Tester

I don't know why people still think this. When bombs were first implemented they didn't do any knockback whatsoever. It's only after a lot of people suggesting that bombs do knockback on shields, specifically with bomb jumping in mind, that it was implemented. It is one of the most core mechanics and one of the few that have always been intentional (unlike notch climbing).

Beef and Evan5567 like this.
  9. allknowingfrog

Bomb-jumping in the current sense, where you can use it to jump towers and glide vast distances? If that is really the case, why did they wait so long to remove bomb-triggered detonations?

10. Contrary

Contrary The Audacious Paramount of Explosive Flight Donator Tester

Are you doubting that bomb jumping is an intended mechanic because of the stupid bomb triggered detonations? That's like doubting that sword fighting is an intended mechanic because of clashing.

11. Brilly

Brilly Haxor

Not really, I simply chuck in one bomb to blow up a spike, jump on that spot, and dig my way out.

They're just as useless as always.

12. allknowingfrog

Lol. I do wonder sometimes. It's like they don't even want me to kill builders.

It was just a point of curiosity. I believe that bomb-jumping is intentional, it just seems like the sort of thing that happened accidentally, like notch-climbing. If you say otherwise, I believe you. :D

13. Rayne

Rayne ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

know what sucks? having a builder waste all of your stone on a giant spike pit, and then have someone with 3 bombs(only 60 coins, mind you) comes along and just destroys it

cost vs effort. if you use more effort to make something, then it should cost you more to bomb it to shit.

14. Brilly

Brilly Haxor

Ok, A bomb costs 20 coins which equals 120 wood which equals 120 stone which equals 12 spikes.

Therefore, a bomb should be able to take out 12 spikes.

But I would be happy even if it just took out 2 by 2, meaning that 1 bomb placed in the middle of 4 spikes should take them out.

:blank::blank: :b_shop:
    :spikes: :spikes: :spikes: :spikes:

BeasterDenBeast and KnightGabe13 like this.
  15. Rayne

I don't know what game you play, but 20 coins != 120 stone or wood.

16. Brilly

Brilly Haxor

I'm not sure what game you're playing, but try chopping some wood.

KAG 2012-09-07 16-20-27-15.png

17. Rayne

Name one server that allows you to buy 120 wood for 20 coins.

That's beside the point as 120 wood != 120 stone.

18. Kouji

Kouji Cold, Uncaring, Sadistic, Evil and Cruel Meanie Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. REKINS OF SEAS: Super Crew of Ultimate Havoking 2: Return of King of KAG: Chapter 420blazeit - REKIN

Just going to say:
    Wood is replenishable, Stone isn't. Lost stone is lost for good, wood just regrows. This makes stone significantly more valuable.

19. Brilly

Brilly Haxor

I just showed you that 120 wood is equivalent to 20 coins through manual labor.

And I've never seen a game where all the stone is mined, but then again, I don't play timed rounds that last 3 hours long.

You don't have these issues in ticket games.

20. Rayne

Fair enough on the wood, but as i said, that's a moot point because wood != stone.

how long have you played again? I'm sorry, but this happens fairly often, in limited and unlimited servers.

what issues, stone running out? because yes, you do get that issue.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.