1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

[319] Catching Arrows?

Discussion in 'Archer' started by Hellsteeth, Feb 23, 2012.

1. PeterPan14

PeterPan14 Bison Rider

I always thought you could catch arrows.. although I think this would be a very good feature in kag. Archers do seem to pick on other archers a lot so If we could catch other archers arrows...BLISS

2. Bammboo

Bammboo Ballista Bolt Thrower

Yeah catching arrows isn't that hard once you get the hang of it. And are trying to catch them.

3. Tyngn

Tyngn Ballista Bolt Thrower

In the dark of night, the arrows just sprouts from your backs.

4. Bammboo

Bammboo Ballista Bolt Thrower

If you look close enough, You can almost always see the arrows in the night. But, yeah, those are a pain. I don't think I've actually caught an arrow at night before.

5. Lemmingworld

Lemmingworld Haxor

I tried doing this like forty times. It worked once. I swear I looked like a total noob jumping in front of people's arrows. One of the guys said ''Hey lem since your being all suicidal why dont you go in front of me so if any of those archers shoot at me you can just take the hit. TROLOLOL'' :>:(:

NightRaid104, Gofio and Bunnyboy like this.
  6. Bunnyninja

Bunnyninja Bison Rider

i could catch arrow until my mouse broke, now it a pain trying to use the mouse pad IT KEEPS ON GLITCHING:QQ:

Razzey and Gofio like this.
  7. Bunnyboy

Bunnyboy Haxor

Yes, I did it once. I got a little over exited and I started doing the same thing. :D

8. Doolie

Doolie Catapult Fodder

I can catch arrows, with my face.

Gofio and PeterPan14 like this.
  9. PeterPan14

PeterPan14 Bison Rider

Mate thats easy, I caught arrows when I had my eyes shut......then I woke up.

Razzey, Gofio and Doolie like this.
  10. justin101

justin101 Catapult Fodder

I used to catch arrows.....till I took 50 arrows to the face:p

Gofio and Arcite like this.
  11. PeterPan14

PeterPan14 Bison Rider

I took an arrow to the knee...

Razzey and justin101 like this.
  12. TotalPotato

TotalPotato Haxor
    1. KRPG

Catching arrows is the easy part its not taking damage for it buts the hard bit, when ever I try and catch them I sometimes take damage even if they wouldn't normally hit me and it makes you look like a retard jumping into enemy arrows...

13. ZeThtb

ZeThtb Haxor

Why not just "grab" up or down, instead of forward? You don'T need to be hit to catch it.

14. Pesinario

Pesinario Builder Stabber

I stopped one arrow whit a explosion but never whit hands

15. I managed to do it a few times in a server once but I got vote kicked because they said was hacking T^T.

16. Gofio

Gofio Gunwobbler x3

its not that hard, you just gotta remember that it works like building or mining, but then without the white square around the selected object.
    if you aim at the arrow with the mouse, and its within reach, you catch it.
    just dont jump in front of the arrow, but under it, then point, click.

17. true but dodging an arrow with max charge then getting as close to it with out crashing into it is properly not a good idea for ppl with bad ping and timing (so in a way its similar to bomb jumping, just without a counter etc). unless you decide to wait for a half charged shot (would properly be a bit easier), but you'd still requires some practice cause most arrows shot by archers usually takes less the a sec to reach a stopping point.

18. arcanecat

arcanecat Shark Slayer

Unless Archers have bad aim, most archers don't take in consideration of when a person is moving, and the delay of your flying arrow when its fired. If you have bad ping, well your screwed, and that person should move to the US ^^.

dandyking7179 likes this.
  19. Panasonic

Panasonic Builder Stabber
    1. The Ivory Tower of Grammar-Nazis

I am seriously not an archer but have the same prob of not being able to catch them

20. Eden

Eden Galen Slayer Donator

I can't be fucked reading all this.

But in reality, it's very hard to catch arrows at the speed it's set in KAG, it's impossible if the charging ring, is fully charged, that's stoooopid.

But if maybe, the devs could implement if that the charging ring was at the charge of, 1-3, you could be able to do some MLG arrow catching.

In KAG 1.0 since there's extreme modding that you can do to that build, you'll probly be able to implement the arrow catching.