1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you have a problem and need help, create a new thread with a title that briefly describes the problem.
    Do not use titles like 'Help!' or 'I have a problem!'
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Soulrealm's Server unable to Start

Discussion in 'General Help' started by Kovett, Sep 7, 2012.

1. Soulrealm's Server is down.

I have tried restarting with WINSCP for 2 hours straight. I have tried more than 10 times. So would you devs like to help? Because its associated with the recent update.

You can ask Lavalord for more details about my server.
    It's Linux Dedicated Virtual Private Server
    Ubuntu run

Tell me anything you'd like to know about, in fact I can download and upload my whole server KAG file if you want. If you want, request so. Thank you in advance.

Riletyface likes this.
  2. Downburst

Downburst Mindblown Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Isn't WINSCP a (s)FTP program? You need to start your server with SSH right?

3. FliesLikeABrick

FliesLikeABrick THD Team THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Also, what error/problem are you actually having? Without more details we have no idea what problem you are having or how to use it

4. I have no idea what problem I am actually having! I am unable to see it in the servers list. My friends also can't see it. When starting it with Putty, it all looks normal. (yes, putty is SSH)

Basically I do this. I open WINSCP with the server's IP, and the host's username+password.

It opens a remote control window that allows me to edit the Server's Files, There's a button: Putty, clicking on that obviously opens Putty up with the IP address of the server.

Putty asks me for a password (typed that in obviously),
    Then I type: cd kag_linux
    To close the server: pkill KAGdedi
    To open the server: nohup ./KAGdedi > /dev/null &
    That's how I restart my server.
    and it replies (after I open the server)...
    [1] 11560
    root@nc2:~/kag_linux# nohup: ignoring input and redirecting stderr to stdout

I'll put up the server files in a bit.

Downburst likes this.
  5. -Tj-

-Tj- Sicarii Donator
    1. The Ivory Tower of Grammar-Nazis

Ok soul, does it come up with a little window the has some sort of error on it?

E.g 'Error, unable to compute, incorrect script inputed'

6. No.

EDIT: Actually I can't upload the folder. Only files. If well, really then, I will pm you my server details, so you can investigate.

-Tj- likes this.
  7. -Tj-

-Tj- Sicarii Donator
    1. The Ivory Tower of Grammar-Nazis

Alright then, ill be waiting to see what the problem is.

8. Riletyface

Riletyface Horde Gibber

Excuse my lack of knowledge, but what I would do in this situation is re-download a separate server, then just drag the old config files from your old one into your new one. Or maybe it's something with your port no longer being forwarded?

Froghead48 likes this.
  9. Downburst

Downburst Mindblown Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Ah yes, putty is SSH :). I didnt know winscp worked like that.

Could you try starting your server without the nohup as well. It should show the errors in your console then. Or just upload the console and app log.

10. lavalord

lavalord Haxor Staff Alumni Donator Tester

As i have said to soul twice now the server is running fine it just hasn't updated to build 507 and therfore isn't in the master server list.

11. I posted this before you said it.

And do you even know if or when it is going update?

ps: stop wasting my messages/posts number.

EDIT: rbs, when did my server come back? Like, I want the time. eg. 2pm AEST.