1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Where are all the players?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by KrebsCOHO, Sep 5, 2012.

1. KrebsCOHO

KrebsCOHO Catapult Fodder

As the title says. I bought the game immediately after watching the trailer on the homepage about castle destruction. I was really excited looking forward to trying out what seemed to be an awesome game. However, to my disappointment I found there to be only about 4 servers up at a time, all deathmatch and only a few players in each one.

Where are all the players? How can I play the castle game mode?

2. Cerbercre

Cerbercre Brolord 弟兄主 Donator
    1. PumpkinStars - [Pk#] - Inactive

Haha, well your server browser is probably set to beginner stuff. You can change that in the upper right hand corner of the server window. :)

3. KrebsCOHO

KrebsCOHO Catapult Fodder

Ah thats great! See a lot more people now. Which gamemode is the castle building? I bought the game specifically for that

4. Hella

Hella The Nightmare of Hair Global Moderator Donator Tester

You can build castles in basically any mode, excluding Deathmatch. If you want to build exclusively, with little or no fear of constant danger, then a creative server is best, or at a stretch a roleplay server, whatever floats your boat most. I'd give you the tip to take a decent shot at playing the more traditional, violent gamemodes, such as CTF or RTDM, because they're just really fun.

Depending on your location, I would recommend Beo's Servers, the MOLE server and, for a bit more chaos, the non-premium Action Unlimited CTF.

5. Froghead48

Froghead48 Haxor

All CTF Servers have castle building!!!

Edit: Ninja'd By Hella.

KnightGabe13 likes this.
  6. Mazey

Mazey Haxor Global Moderator Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Official Server Admin

Hahahahah funny to read this, when I started with the game, I only playd creative solo.
    After a week I saw that the game was online to (XD FAIL) and I only did creative :P just like you.

Than I thought I could maybe for fun try that sucking CTF, but than I liked it more then creative..
    So try CTF!

Nevermind, if you want to try CTF, I think you should start with Hostedgameserver.com Germany (there are few, if somebody is at it take that one).
    They are simple and I like that.

For creative I recommend Get Creative or Gold Creative (Gold Creative isn't online a lot).

Also have a look at Beo's WAR Server, that's building and fighting.

But remember one thing; Have fun!

Contrary and Raron like this.
  7. allknowingfrog

allknowingfrog Bison Rider

Creative can be fun for awhile, but you have to play CTF to really appreciate building things.

KnightGabe13 and Bammboo like this.
  8. Canadian98

Canadian98 Haxor Tester

Creative building is more about how something looks, while CTF building is how it can hold against attackers.

BlauweSmurf likes this.
  9. Mazey

Mazey Haxor Global Moderator Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Official Server Admin

True, so maybe he will like zombie for a while too.

KnightGabe13 likes this.
  10. GreenRock

GreenRock Base Burner

The guy's not replying because he's having too much fun building/destroying stuff. Brings a tear to my eye.

11. MCrypa

MCrypa Haxor

I'm just reminding you of our great help section.
    Also of our wonderful search bar located in the top right corner.

allknowingfrog likes this.
  12. Contrary

Contrary The Audacious Paramount of Explosive Flight Donator Tester

Man this beginner filter thing has to go. I wonder how many dozens, even hundreds of players have missed out on KAG because of it.

13. Gofio

Gofio Gunwobbler x3

well...
    you just gotta look around a little, you know?
    its right there: "beginner only"
    maybe change it to "WHATEVER ELSE"

14. saniblues

saniblues KAG Guard Tester

If you give a man a wrench, big deal he has a wrench.

Tell the man to bludgeon another man with the wrench, and he bludgeons the other man with the wrench. Seems like a simple concept but they might think they need to do something absurd like use it to fix or construct something. What I'm getting at is that the Beginners' Tag really threw people off because they didn't know how it functioned.

Riletyface likes this.
  15. Gofio

Gofio Gunwobbler x3

so?
    I malfunction in every way you could possibly look at it, and I figured it out.

16. Hella

Hella The Nightmare of Hair Global Moderator Donator Tester

Isn't there a notice when you first start up KAG that specifically tells you about the filters? Maybe there should be one that shows you them every time you load up, or just none at all, like the days of old...

KnightGabe13 and Gofio like this.
  17. SpideY

SpideY Hear Me Roar Staff Alumni Donator

+1

Many beginners dont even see this special box. What about the number of players on KAG ? i would like to know.

18. saniblues

saniblues KAG Guard Tester

It doesn't matter that you figured it out. A chimp can figure out how to solve a puzzle, that doesn't mean every chimp knows how to solve the puzzle.

What I'm saying is we're all chimps, the tag system was the puzzle, and clearly there were a lot of chimps that couldn't solve the puzzle.

19. MCrypa

MCrypa Haxor

The chimps are doomed.

GloriousToast and KnightGabe13 like this.
  20. KnightGabe13

KnightGabe13 Arsonist

Send them in space.

Easy solution: Set the box to display ALL gamemodes by default.

FuzzyBlueBaron likes this.