1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Public Australian Server(s)

Discussion in 'Server Directory' started by kaizokuroof, Sep 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Mods: jackitch
  1. kaizokuroof

kaizokuroof Agkubuk|'Kaizokuroof' Cilobakil, Roofpointy Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. PumpkinStars - [Pk#] - Inactive

Server info:

Name: Kaizokuroof and BeasterDenBeasts Public Australian CTF Server
    IP: 125.63.50.79
    Player slots: 48
    Game Types: CTF
    Open times: 24/7!!!

Server stats: http://kaizokuroofserver.no-ip.org (if the stats aren't updating, please let me know)

Mumble server: IP: 125.63.50.91 port: 64738

Admin(s):

Antman, Kaizokuroof, Kalotherin; Guro; BeasterDenBeast; Cameron1010; Calindrus; Aegis;

VIP(s):

Ground rules:

- Have fun!
    - Vulgar language is permitted, to an extent.. there is no need to spam cuss words for no reason :3
    - Hax0rz will be permanent banned and reported to the KAG staff.
    - Respect your admins, do not ask for an admin position, those that continuously ask will be muted.
    - Admin's say is final - if you wish to appeal/challenge an admin, please send me a copy of the chat logs in a PM and your side of the story.
    - No griefing, you'll be fronzen and asked to explain if we feel you've griefed, if it was an accident then explain it was an accident, instead of spamming the smiley emote, that is infuriating. At this time, griefers will be kicked for first offenses, banned for hour/week depending on severity of the next offense and then banned FOREVER if you commit a third offence.

NEWS:

- The server now has new workshops available, in forms of Tunnels/Knight shops/Archer shops -> Make sure you make good use of them :p

- New map rotations in play, they're all made by me, so if you find there are any problems with them, please let me know so I can remove them and fix them and THEN reinclude them in the map rotation.

- To all our current admins, if you have lost admin seclevs, do not fear! It's because I've got a terrible memory and have forgotten to include you in the seclevs. Just send me a PM/IM/See me in game and I'll fix it for you.

Join our group: https://forum.kag2d.com/social-forums/kaizokuroofs-public-australian-server.99/

Please raise all complaints suggestions towards me (kaizokuroof) via PM, or IM me on skype: xxxp0tj3hxxx420

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
    ARE YOU A WINNER???
    Ruleral is our winner for the month of October! Congratulations dude.​
    We're now in need of a new winner! So get playing, this months prize will be voted for (coming later this month)​
    Weekly prizes will also be handed out, in the forms of VIP status, KAG T-shirts and probably some other stuff.​
    @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@​
    Prize winners so far:​
    - Ruleral​

FG, kl4060, ImAwesome and 6 others like this.
  2. ImAwesome

ImAwesome Haxor

Please do, the current aussie dedicated server is going down very soon
    Yes,
    yes,
    I could, if you like.
    Sure.

3. Ghozt

Ghozt Haxor

$20 a month would get a a pretty good server. (That's per month)

Lot's of people would jump at the sight of being an admin. Like Awesome here. I could volunteer if they were needed.
    I noticed after a lack of playing KAG, there are no servers to play on. So this would be welcome and you would find it almost always full.

Creating maps; I can cover that for you, I don't have all the recent maps but I do have around 16 pages of maps saved on the forums and my hardrive. (Or whatever you American's call your Disc drives or whatever) (Look at the bottom for those maps)

This is the wrong place to put this thread most likely. Just ask a mod (if it hasn't happened in the time of writing to move it to the other sub forum for the Server's section of the forums, mainly for help on this topic).

So first, you need to know how to work a server, configure it and all of that related stuff. Another option, if your laziness overcomes you, a server hosting company will do all that, but their price is a tad steeped. I think someone said $2 a slot. Or, if you want the same cheap price with a small levy you could ask a server hoster of Australia to host it for you. You giving them the Ip's of the server, while you pay them a small amount to get them to do what you say (So you might have input on admin's, map's, reserved slot's Etc.).

I recommend hopping on IRC if you are looking for tips.

I hope you get this running, it would be great for the Australian KAG community (I have never said that before).

4. kaizokuroof

kaizokuroof Agkubuk|'Kaizokuroof' Cilobakil, Roofpointy Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Great to see some interest :) Can anyone vouch for ImAwesome - I believe I've seen you in game a few times, seem like a decent person, but if someone else could vouch that would be great as I'm still pretty new and don't know the majority of the forumers.

Few more questions if anyone can answer them?! I've checked out the "Official" KAG server hosting section, seems like they're only for America/Europe which saddens me :( but I've hosted some servers in the past mostly VPS and most recent was for a game called assault cube and I used these guys: http://rimuhosting.com/

Does anyone have some suggestions for hosting?

@@@@@@@

After seeing the posts above I feel it is justified enough to spend the cash :) I wouldn't mind hosting a few as I've seen suggestions for 1 v 1 and other game types.

As mentioned above I should have no problem setting it up, already taken a look at the linux dedicated server, it's as simple as editing the config to my liking and away I go! :) Anyways I'll jump on IRC and see if I can get some tips as suggested and once again thanks for all your help!

5. Ghozt

Ghozt Haxor

The wiki would be an awesome start to. http://kagwiki.com/
    Just find what you want, things like commands and what not.

I forgot what the Official server was hosted with. If someone could post that. (Foxodi, Lava, or whoever)

ImAwesome isn't the greatest player to give full admin rights to personally. Then again, you can have different stages of admins, whether it be VIP, VIP's could have kick ability, or just they are able to join to reserved slot's or what ever. That comes in the newly added seclevs.

It's good to see you are good with setting it up, can't wait to see another server up!

6. kaizokuroof

Hi guys,

The server will now be up 24/7 - KAG until your heart is content - I'll be looking to setup proper gametypes and get some custom maps going a bit later, but right now I just don't have the time atm. :)

OP Updated for details.

Ghozt, Ruleral, Antman and 1 other person like this.
  7. Antman

Antman Base Burner

Welp, cheers for doing this, I greatly appreciate it. Australia really needed this :)

I know this probably sounds a bit, up myself.. but, I was admin on the last two 'main' Aussie servers, and I will volunteer for that place on your server. I can also help you set it up if you like, PM me, I've had my own 'mini server' for about 6 months, just hosted on my computer.

Thanks again, and welcome to KAG :D

8. Miaow

Miaow The Fanciest Pants always wins Donator Tester

Best of luck with the new servers, I don't really play much anymore but would be happy to help out with admin responsibilities as I'm in IRC a bit. I am a KAG guard so I don't know if that helps at all.

9. Mine's around 40.

If you're going with Rimu, you aren't going to be able to support 48 players with, Rimu's VPS don't have enough RAM. RAM over disk-space.

10. kaizokuroof

I spoke with Lava about hosts and what not, I've looked into a bit and selected my own plan/host, I'm confident it'll run fine with 48 players, however if it doesn't I'll be sure to upgrade my ram :)

Thanks for the help.

Antman likes this.
  11. I'm not trying to help. Look at your inbox.

12. Antman

Antman Base Burner

Soul, stop being so immature, at first you seemed pretty chill and people really liked you, now most of the time I see you you're complaining.
    Honestly, just wait and see, it'll be fine.

13. Would you guys look at that? fml. I'm sorry for being blind. Maybe I should shut myself up (go cold), like I did with my previous MMORPG ( though this isn't an MMORPG).

14. kaizokuroof

That's right, I'm not trying to steal your thunder bud, just help the Australian KAG community grow :) Who knows, people might even hate my server and never play on it, for me it's not about having the most people play on the server, it's so us Aussies can have some choice with some servers and good ping, can't let them Americans have all the ping advantage :p

Rayne, Alistasia and Antman like this.
  15. Riletyface

Riletyface Horde Gibber

Sorry, did you not realise soulrealms's server, or is his server indecent? (Possibly a common mistake, if you only checked with the wrong filter).
    </br>--- merged: Sep 9, 2012 5:26 AM ---</br>
    Also, is there an applicable spot for administrator?

16. Antman

Antman Base Burner

Rilety, we have enough for now :) Thanks

And, you came on and said the server was shit.

17. Miaow

Miaow The Fanciest Pants always wins Donator Tester

The second one.

Ghozt likes this.
  18. Riletyface

Riletyface Horde Gibber

I was overreacting.

19. CoD

CoD Haxor

I could always help out as admin? Anyways nice server could ping. Another thing I like is your attitude towards it, I can see you love giving people what they want. :thumbs_up:

20. kaizokuroof

Server down time is planned, so this afternoon (in about an hour or two) the server will go down. The reason is because for some reason my public build server decided to connect to the test build and update from that %) causing some serious problems, so all admins and such won't be admin (again) :(

Seems luck isn't on my side with this %))))

Mods: jackitch
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.