1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

WAR Mode, Full KAG and the fairly immediate future

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Geti, Sep 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Invaders

Invaders Shark Slayer

Maybe a vertical support variable should be added for WAR mode, to prevent space needles, like what happens on Beo's

aaaaaa50 and thebonesauce like this.
  2. Zuke

Zuke Shopkeep Stealer

Awesome =D KAG Getting More Fun now :p

3. BoiiW

BoiiW Shark Slayer

Bisoncopters lol xD

Man all this sounds great, I can not wait :3333

I still hope you guys will use the greenlight program when the game is released though :]

delankski likes this.
  4. thebonesauce

thebonesauce All life begins and ends with Nu Staff Alumni
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. The Ivory Tower of Grammar-Nazis

OMAHG GETU WEN RELEES?

Gamerbro, Reudh, Canadian98 and 5 others like this.
  5. stig700

stig700 Ballista Bolt Thrower

lol wut ?

6. thebonesauce

thebonesauce All life begins and ends with Nu Staff Alumni
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. The Ivory Tower of Grammar-Nazis

Just getting Geti's goat, asking about release. Not that I care. I'm not an asshole. :D

KnightGabe13 and stig700 like this.
  7. Gerald

Gerald Bison Rider

fresh breeze

8. luizffgv

luizffgv Base Burner

Why not Gregcopters? :huh?:
    Good luck with the new gamemode. :)

Gamerbro and KnightGabe13 like this.
  9. Nighthawk

Nighthawk gaurenteed shitter

Hot damn. The game is looking more and more epic.

I dunno about you guys, but I'm so hungry for this release I could eat a bison.

_Cuffs_ and KnightGabe13 like this.
  10. WarrFork

WarrFork フォーク Donator Tester

Trees have a great look, the WAR gamemode will be amazing, no bugs, is it all true? Sound so good.

11. Aevenien

Aevenien Bison Rider

Sorry, I don't understand a bit. Are these new updates will be for premium users only?
    What about other game-modes? I mean, you are upgrading WAR Mode, which is with water only. What about gold CTF with solid land, are those upgrades for war mode?

12. Sirpixelot

Sirpixelot Base Burner
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Is it possible to mount a catapult on a boat so u can sail merely by while launching shit tons of rock at enemies. Or maybe cannons, that would do the same thing but an upgrade to the catapult. :3
    Btw, cannons are more direct fire and slightly more powerful

BeasterDenBeast likes this.
  13. Shadlington

Shadlington THD Team THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

The main 'upgrade' is in the overall engine. We're making everything scripted, which means that modders can create all manner of gamemodes and content for you to play with.

However, we have limited time to spend converting all of the old game content to the new system. That doesn't mean it won't happen - I expect anything we don't get round to converting ourselves will be converted by modders in due time :)

14. kalidor

kalidor Shopkeep Stealer

Considering this is all component based, and that you're giving us the tools you've been using to make our own mods, coul it be safely assumed that one has the Capability of implementing everything you and MM promised originally (if we knew what we were doing) such as our own single player overworld (just using this as an example)?

15. Sir_Veillance

Sir_Veillance Builder Stabber

Oh this will be amazing. I am loving every bit of it!

16. GloriousToast

GloriousToast Haxor Donator

how will collapses work in this update?

17. Invaders

Invaders Shark Slayer

18. FlamingDragon96

FlamingDragon96 Shark Slayer

I think I might have an idea over on what the columns are, as you know we are getting battering rams and that's used for taking down doors and gates. We can already take down doors pretty quickly as a knight so my guess is that these columns are some kind of gates (atm they are opened) which can be upgraded from wood to stone and the only way to take it down is by catas or rams. Would be pretty cool since battering rams are pretty slow and it wouldn't make sense taking one from miles away just to take down a simple door.

Edit: Does anybody notice that the knight's skin color is a bit different? Are we finally getting to choose a skin color?

19. FlameHaze3

FlameHaze3 Shark Slayer

THIS was the post ive been waiting for, upgrading classes, farming, new collapsing, intelligent map design for the new progressive gameplay, more siege weapons, IT WILL BE GREAT!
    Really looking forward to this KAG Team! :)

Edit: i think those pillars are more or less just going to be team checkpoints, as if you get somthing for owning past a certain part of the map, obviously nothing big, but thats my guess.

20. GloriousToast

GloriousToast Haxor Donator

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.