1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

The meaning of your name?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Eggnogg, Jan 31, 2012.

Mods: BlueLuigi
  1. Lord_bugg

Lord_bugg Smashing Donator

i chose Lord_bugg cos my nickname is buggy and i thought lord sounded medieval-like and fit with the king Arthur gold theme.

2. Cerbercre

Cerbercre Brolord 弟兄主 Donator
    1. PumpkinStars - [Pk#] - Inactive

I chose Cerbercre, because well its unique and it really has no meaning to it. But i know that no one else will have used it. and it has a nice ring to it too. Cer-ber-cre :)

3. GreenRock

GreenRock Base Burner

My birth name is Jade. It doesn't have the "n" at the end (which I have to specify when introducing myself to anyone, because, for some reason, no one believes that my birth name is actually just "Jade" and it isn't short for "Jaden" but whatever). Hopefully you can find the correlation with my username.

4. Im_a_Turtle

Im_a_Turtle Arsonist

I am still a turtle.

5. dangertank44

dangertank44 Shark Slayer

All my friends and family called me Tank so I kinda used this.

FuzzyBlueBaron likes this.
  6. Lieber

Lieber Is Probing Uranus Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Wow...finally a chance to counter the stupid "Oh look it's Justin Bieber" comments I get.

Lieber is an acronym for Aries in french "Bélier". The only difference is that I removed the accent on the "e". It also looks pretty cool.

FuzzyBlueBaron likes this.
  7. GloriousToast

GloriousToast Haxor Donator

i used glorioustoast because i thought toast was taken :( if donating does let you change your name i am thinking of changing to just Toast.

8. Lieber

Didn't you donate? Anyway, GloriousToast is pretty cool.

9. Areo

Areo much doge so swag wow

Areo-
    Everyone rapidly calls me ''Oreo'' , But i never realized that untill someone did.
    Anyways ,Areo to me meant
    Air(e)-ow
    Well at least how i pronounce it..
    But Areo to me felt special , And it gave me a windy-Outside feeling.
    When im outside , I love to look up at one of my school trees , Pretty large and stare at all the leafs , And the air , I just loved it.
    And thats the feeling ''Areo'' Gave me , Which i loved
    So i choose , Areo!

Mulpy likes this.
  10. Lieber

Wow, that was a pretty cool story :) Also, your signature is scary.

11. jackitch

jackitch :(){ :|: & };: Global Moderator Donator Tester
    1. SharSharShar - [SHARK]

No one could ever pronounce my IRL last name. So I started telling people it's jack-itch but said together real fast. So then it stuck. From then on I was Jackitch.

12. Bammboo

Bammboo Ballista Bolt Thrower

Bammboo is just an alternate name of my original name: Bamm. And how I got bamm was from: A couple of my friends and I were playing a James Bond game, and I wanted to look like one of the other guys by copying his avatar and name, but I rushed it and got bamm.

Noburu and FuzzyBlueBaron like this.
  13. ShadowArchon

ShadowArchon Catapult Fodder

I tried to use Shadow, but of course that gets taken everywhere. I once read a book (can't remember which one) which mentioned archons. It said it meant lord in latin. I thought then I should have ShadowArchon. However recently I have begun to change my name to 5c1p1o, a reference to The Thief Lord.

14. It also means 'Lover' in German.

Weell. I have a long history of names. Back on Runescape, when I was little (2003, I was 11), I made the account 'Asher198'. Asher's my real name, and 198 was the number offered to me because just 'Asher' was taken. (This was before internet safety, y'see?) When Jagex introduced the 'display names' update, where your display name could be independent of your username, I started drawing up ideas for a new name. This was about 2010. I still played, mainly for social reasons. Lotsa friends on that game. Don't play it anymore (though some people on the forum are trying to get me back in XD)

I have a great love of language, so I decided to try and make a cool name from other languages. I also came up with names I felt just sounded good. I'm a redhead and proud of it, so I wanted something that reflected it.

-Llansing (Sounds like 'lancing'. I decided against it because it brings to mind lancing a boil. D:)
    -Rauthaz (Proto-germanic for red.)
    -Ruadh (gaelic for Red).
    -Amhara (Arabic for Red)
    -Reudh (took the gaelic translation and twisted it, but apparently it's proto-indo-european for red anyway)

(From wikipedia:)
    The word red comes from the Old English rēd.[7] The word can be further traced to the Proto-Germanic rauthaz and the Proto-Indo European root reudh-. In Sanskrit, the word rudhira means red or blood.

As for the 'Lord' aspect of my name, I planned on making this 'Reudh' character someone who wasn't a lord, but insisted upon being called it. It was a bit of a running gag. I was into RP at the time. :/
    "Hello, Reudh."
    "That's LORD Reudh to you"
    "ugh, alright, hello Lord Reudh..."

Other names I have used in the past:

Peregrine (My steam name. I also used to race online in Mario Kart DS under that name. I named it that because a friend was attempting to make a Kirby-style platformer, and needed a character who was a sidekick to his main, 'Finch'. Peregrine was a tall green kirby-ish creature with a tuft of green hair held in place with a sweatband. He was fatrobatic; heavily built but very fast.)
    Dincht (Back when I played San Andreas Multiplayer on the Awesome Stuntages server, I was Dincht. This is the character Zell from FF8's last name. I felt Zell reflected me quite well. Heh).

I'm starting to tire of the Reudh name though. (It's not Rude, by the way. Closest approximation is either 'Royd' or 'Royth', depending on what language you speak.)

Beef and FuzzyBlueBaron like this.
  15. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

Interesting, I always though of it as 'Rudd' in my mind, but then I guess I wasn't taking into account the non-Anglo-Saxon approach to phonetics. :p

16. rocker2

rocker2 Ballista Bolt Thrower

My name story is rather simple:

Once, I was playing minecraft at my friend's house, and he told me about an upcoming texture he was making. However, he did not give me a link, so I registered on a minecraft forum as rocker2 (because rocker was taken) and tried to find his texture.

Since then, I have registered for most PC games I play as rocker2.

(fun fact: When I registered as rocker2 (around build 300), "rocker" was not taken yet, so the player named rocker who claims I stole his username is lying)

tlc2011 and evol_nomad like this.
  17. Ginseng

Ginseng Catapult Fodder

Mine's really boring, originally I used gaxkang, but that got taken a lot, then gaxus, but some bizarre reason that was also taken on a site i was registering for. I spaced out for like a minute then saw the tea i was drinking had ginseng in it so *BAM* Ginseng. I grew really attatched to this name, so when its taken I use a variation, like AppleGinseng or TangerineGinseng. Yup.

18. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

This whole time I was telling Rayne it stood for Sucking Judas's Dick while doing a 360.

I feel sad.

Sorry about your grandma ;_;

Noburu, Piano, Kingmit and 2 others like this.
  19. SJD360

SJD360 Haxor

20. GloriousToast

GloriousToast Haxor Donator

i would like this comment but ;_;

Mods: BlueLuigi