1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Guild Wars 2

Discussion in 'Other games' started by DarkDain, Jan 15, 2012.

Mods: BlueLuigi
  1. MichelPonting

MichelPonting Catapult Fodder

Fantastic game. I am very entertaining while playing this game.
    </br>--- merged: Jun 4, 2012 7:28 PM ---</br>
    I like this game & play in my free time.

Noburu likes this.
  2. Foxodi

Foxodi KAG Guard Tester

Just bought, pumped for this weekend.
    Asura, and I'll experiment with classes on the weekend - because doing theorycraft for a game I haven't played yet sounds incredibly boring/pointless.
    I'll prob just end up sitting on the AH all day trying to make a decent buck.

3. Spoolooni

Spoolooni Shark Slayer

Pfft you'd make a decent buck if everything wasn't so deflated. However, that could be a good thing since we do get most of our stuff from farming Karma. Surprisingly, Norn foothills are the best place to farm that karma.

I'll still be sticking to the charr but I'll be using a female charr since they sound manly enough while being less of an ugly fuck as opposed to their male counterpart.

4. KnightGabe13

KnightGabe13 Arsonist

Racist and sexist... Ouch! :( (censored for the kids that play this game ;))

EDIT: I was kidding. :p

5. Spoolooni

Spoolooni Shark Slayer

It's called preferences. If I hated charr, I wouldn't bother playing females in the first place. Also, sexism? If that particular sex origin defines ugly, then I see it as a valid reason to feel that way.

Anyways, I'm searching up some builds for my bow thief that I'll be surfing with through this weekend.
    </br>--- merged: Jun 12, 2012 10:36 PM ---</br>
    BWE 2# had a lot of graphic improvements and let's be honest here, I feel that gw2 should release this late summer before it starts to stray.

Damn, mah charr be bossin~
    gw013.jpg

6. Foxodi

Foxodi KAG Guard Tester

Bitches don't know about my Level 12 with 17gold.

SARGRA13 likes this.
  7. Spoolooni

Spoolooni Shark Slayer

18gold 23 silver, 21 thief with 7340 Karma

:B):

8. Jackard

Jackard Base Burner

So yea, after two BWEs this game is pretty awesome. Here is the start of the massive PvP dungeon:

[​IMG]

This dungeon was the real end of beta event for me. Late Sunday our server had reached 100% control and all fighting had died off, so there were about a dozen of us exploring it instead. Only five reached the dark room, and only three made it to the end before time ran out - one of us fell off the roof into the arena (this is that dome on the right) but I went back to revive them.

It was pretty memorable and I could only imagine how interesting fighting someone down there or actually using the player-activated traps would be.

</br>--- merged: Jul 2, 2012 3:13 AM ---</br>
    http://www.arena.net/blog/announcing-the-guild-wars-2-launch-date

"Earlier this year I told you that 2012 would be the Year of the Dragon, and that the next few betas would help us nail down our actual launch date. Well, after the results of our latest stress test, I’m happy to announce that we’re ready to nail down that date.

Guild Wars 2 will officially launch on Tuesday, August 28th.

This is an incredibly momentous day for the studio and for me personally. This journey began in 2007 when we first announced that we were beginning work on Guild Wars 2 and that you wouldn’t be hearing from us for a while. Then in 2010 we unveiled our manifesto for Guild Wars 2: a living breathing online world that challenges convention, that’s designed for fun instead of grind, and that brings social interaction to a new level in an online world.

Through all the long hours and hard decisions, we were bolstered by the knowledge that we were not in this alone. All along you’ve been there for us, cheering us on, supporting us when we needed it, testing early versions of the game, and above all, giving us your honest feedback every step of the way. Guild Wars 2 is a better game for all of the work that our community has put in.

Now that we’re just two months away from launch, we’ll spend our remaining time optimizing, polishing, and balancing the game, to ensure that we provide you with the best launch-day experience we possibly can.

To this end, I’m excited to announce that our next and final Beta Weekend Event is planned for July 20-22.

These are exciting times; we’re on the cusp of a new era in online roleplaying games, and we’re glad you’re on this journey with us."

Bookmark likes this.
  9. Spoolooni

Spoolooni Shark Slayer

Foxodi likes this.
  10. Jaedong

Jaedong Shopkeep Stealer

Hello guys, Many of you may or may not know me but I used to run a server on Kag titled [Jaydizzle's House] and that went on for a few months. Fun while it lasted, but anyways i'm running a guild now for GuildWars 2 and anyone interested in joining is more than welcome. The guilds name is going to be Flux Gaming. The clan tag is [fX]. I'll find out more on what server we will be playing on as the game nears launch.

11. Jackard

Jackard Base Burner

If anyone from here wants to group up or chat, feel free send me a message.

I am Jackard.3071 on the Maguuma server.

12. Foxodi

Foxodi KAG Guard Tester

Foxodi.4809 on Sea of Sorrows
    Hope they increase incentives for doing dungeons, endgame seems like nothing but PvP

13. Jackard

Jackard Base Burner

14. Overlord

Overlord KAG Guard Tester

I want this game mostly for the pvp so thats good with me : d

15. 10110100101

10110100101 Shark Slayer

Downloading it now, If it keeps the same pace I can wake up at 2:30am and play it :3

16. Foxodi

Foxodi KAG Guard Tester

Incentives for dungeons? Gear would be a good start; though I guess that is mostly a problem with the economy as a whole. I have 20+g at level 66 and already I could afford a full exotic set of equipment. So it seems once I complete exploration on a dungeon a few times for fun, I will never go back to it.

17. Jackard

Jackard Base Burner

I hope you don't mean more powerful dungeon gear. That goes against the game's entire philosophy.

18. Jaedong

Jaedong Shopkeep Stealer

The only reason you wan't to do a dungeon is the same reason you're willing to spend 300 gold and 2 months or more of effort on a legendary item. Because of the looks.... That's about it though.

19. 10110100101

10110100101 Shark Slayer

I'm regretting buying this game.. It's impossible to stop...

20. Jaedong

Jaedong Shopkeep Stealer

Oh its easy, After you've burned out 300 hours of your life in a matter of 3 weeks. It's really easy.

10110100101 and Foxodi like this.
Mods: BlueLuigi