1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Beo's KAG Servers

Discussion in 'Server Directory' started by Beo, Sep 21, 2011.

Mods: jackitch
  1. SpideY

SpideY Hear Me Roar Staff Alumni Donator

You really have a strange sense of humour.

As an admin, you arent just a player but a well known person with many privileges.

You shouldnt talk like that.

Froghead48 likes this.
  2. Ryu

Ryu Shopkeep Stealer

Don't try to act like it was all fun and games. What about the part where you mute him and then taunt him about it? If that's not admin abuse I don't know what is.

Froghead48 likes this.
  3. Mqrius

Mqrius Robo Guard Cop Tester

Let me break it down.
    Considering races exist: Not racism.

Saying "nigger" is the same as "idiot" or "ass": Definitely racism.

That was nice me. Now let me voice my feelings.

What the fuck, dude! You were acting like a full-blown retard! If I had been there and you were a regular user, I'd have kickbanned you after the first 3 sentences, and moved for a global ban after about half the conversation. Jeez!

Edit: See, maybe it would've been okay if you'd said you just had a bad day that day. But you're trying to excuse your behavior as if it's nothing…

UnnamedPlayer and Froghead48 like this.
  4. WolfosoBastardo

WolfosoBastardo Shark Slayer

I only taunted him once, because he got me angry but then left him alone. You can consider that a little of an abuse, yes. I'm sorry for that.
    He accused me of abuse before even muting him.
    Muting someone annoying, with people saying "just play already and stop complaining" doesn't sound as abuse to me.
    I'm also sorry for muting him for one whole day, should have done 1 hour or less.

Yes it is. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Racism
    Racism is generally defined as actions, practices, or beliefs that reflect the racial worldview: the ideology that humans are divided into separate and exclusive biological entities called "races"
    Hope that helped.

I never said that, if you were sarcastically quoting me.
    I said calling someone nigger will lower the value of the word the same way calling your friend ass or idiot does. Don't tell me you don't call any of your friends idiot like nothing, me and my friends insult each other with heavy words like nothing simply because insulting someone is stupid itself.

I am trying to explain it within logic. Now, hoping you understood, after ALL I have said, do you still consider overusing "nigger" is racist?

I tell both my black and other friends they are nigger, they just laugh at it. Means they are dumb or that they do not consider races thus consider the word useless and meaningless?

5. Ryu

Ryu Shopkeep Stealer

Your rhetoric is flawed and, honestly, despicable. Overusing a racist word doesn't make it less racist, quite the contrary. And don't try to act as if you're using that word like any another curse word. You're not. You're using that word as it was used by centuries of racist assholes before you : to designate a person with dark skin.

"[18:56:57] <WolfosoBastardo> you are nigger
    [18:57:08] <WolfosoBastardo> ur skin is blak
    [18:57:10] <WolfosoBastardo> like nigga"

Yeah, nothing wrong with those sentences. What next? "You are jewish, ur noose is big like jew?".

I'm not black but if I was I'd feel very offended by those words. And I'd feel even more offended by your explanations.

Froghead48 and Mqrius like this.
  6. Snowmaster14

Snowmaster14 Tree Planter
    1. Delta Force - Delta

Hello snow here, may I ask u for help? If yes, this is my problem. : I'm always banned from ur server for no reason. I hope u can help me. If u can't maybe because of my ping. If still can't, can u make me VIP so that I won't be ping kick or kick for no reason because of some 3v2 thingy. Ok that's all for me so hope u can help me.

7. Ryu

Ryu Shopkeep Stealer

Are you black?

8. Snowmaster14

Snowmaster14 Tree Planter
    1. Delta Force - Delta

I'm not blacK I'm normal skin colour. Y ask.

Beef likes this.
  9. Mqrius

Mqrius Robo Guard Cop Tester

Here's the rest of that paragraph: "This ideology entails the belief that members of a race share a set of characteristic traits, abilities, or qualities, that traits of personality, intellect, morality, and other cultural behavioral characteristics are inherited, and that this inheritance means that races can be ranked as innately superior or inferior to others"
    So while I concede that there aren't actually distinct races, it would be silly to say that there aren't any differences between groups of people. People from Asia have a different average facial structure than people from Europe. That doesn't mean that groups are inherently superior or inferior to others, nor that you can say that someone who's acting like an idiot must be a part of such and such group, which is what you're doing if you're calling someone a nigger when you think they're acting like an idiot.

Actually, you did say that, I quoted you literally. Here, let me do it again:
    I don't care what you and your friends call each other. It's not relevant.

As I said, it's you equating "nigger" to "idiot" which is racist, especially when you clarify that "nigger" means that someone's skin is black. You're stating literally that people with a black skin are idiots. That's the racism part. The part of you acting like an idiot is this:
    And also most of the rest of the conversation.

I'll now stop posting about this shit. This discussion is stupid.

UnnamedPlayer, Froghead48 and Hella like this.
  10. Hella

Hella The Nightmare of Hair Global Moderator Donator Tester

Let's be honest. I call my friends things like 'idiot' and 'ass' all the time. I don't call them a 'nigger'. The reason I don't is because it has centuries of stupid discrimination backed up behind it. It's not the same as calling someone dim, or making fun of a small mistake that someone's made.

Mqrius hit this right on the nose, and I don't really need to say any more.

thebonesauce, Froghead48 and Bene like this.
  11. WolfosoBastardo

Sometimes I really wish people would use their brain a little more.
    But it's okay, I'll try to make it easier for you to understand now, I'll stop quoting because I'm tired of keeping this discussion:
    Considering races exist is racism except you don't manifest it around saying some is superior or inferior, if you consider each race equal, there are no races as we got nothing different from the others. I didn't quote the rest because of this.

@Mqrius if you maybe quoted all of my comment not just "idiot" and "nigga" <<This was the situation: Someone asked Terracotta to join their clan, he said NO BBB FIRST IS THE BEST CLAN which is kind of acting like an idiot, so I called him a "nigga" which is net-commonly known as an insult non-insult>> (for the reason I specified enough times already) as I did not want to actually insult him but just make him notice.

For the last time, Nigger comes from Negro which means Black in Spanish, it is considered racist because Spanish conquerers enslaved black people which were called 'negro's. Along with time, the word muted into 'nigger' due to slang and stuff. (You can check the similar pronunciation)
    So, the word "nigger" is not racist. Society considers it a taboo, but it's original value wasn't. Now, even supposing you are all part of society, you can clearly see how tons of people lightly use the word, like nothing, you want to know why? Guess what, I am right, the word's value lowers the more you 'randomly' use it. If you have not studied this at school, if you haven't got your parents to tell you, if you never got interested in it and checked it yourself when it was the time, now you know.
    Stop complaining about how I am being racist saying nigger. I am not, you are more racist than me considering races exist, and tis is not only to Mqrius.

@Hella there aren't CENTURIES of stupid discrimination behind it, and I just explained why. People used both black and negro as an insult, but you still say black people. Oh, what a surprise!
    Calling someone nigger because he is black, THAT is stupid. That can be considered racist because of the way society sees it.
    But he clearly said he is white, HOW CAN YOU NOT UNDERSTAND IT IS A JOKE.

I really hope this is the last time I have to reply, I'm tired and I have to study.
    So far, all you are saying is I am racist because of popular belief you know, I am responding with logic and culture, but you keep on denying what I said with stupid popular beliefs.

12. Hella

I refuse to accept that the word 'nigger' now carries a low enough value that you can spend 10 minutes of your time insulting someone with it, and then mute them when they object against a racial slur. Clearly, he didn't enjoy being called a nigger, and, as a moderator, you should have stopped. It's simple logic.

Even then, it's not really a joke, is it? The aim of a joke is for it to be humourous, especially considering that is the very definition of the word. If you are going to make a joke, make it at least vaguely acceptable, and make it funny. Don't just be a dick to others, and then hide behind the pretense that it was a joke.

If you carefully look at that, you'll see that even before he get's the chance to say "BBB is the best", you have already called him a nigger twice. Why does saying 'no' make someone a nigger?

Froghead48 likes this.
  13. Kouji

Kouji Cold, Uncaring, Sadistic, Evil and Cruel Meanie Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. REKINS OF SEAS: Super Crew of Ultimate Havoking 2: Return of King of KAG: Chapter 420blazeit - REKIN

Just gonna say, in America, friends can in fact greet each other like this "Wassup my nigga".

Nigger/Nigga does not in fact carry negative connotations unless it used so. It's just slang. The terrible meaning only comes from the way it's used. (whether he actually used it in a negative connotation or not is up to you guys, I don't care about defending him one way or the other, what you guys do is up to you)

I just want to point out that the meaning of a word entirely depends on the culture, calling a specific word inherently bad is retarded. So you can't use that sort of argument objectively, it's just a personal belief.

In fact thinking it actually means something negative means you are racist cause that's the only reason you'd use it for, insulting someone.

Rayne, Beef, Froghead48 and 1 other person like this.
  14. WolfosoBastardo

I called him nigger max 3 times before he started calling me an asshole, then he started saying he'd report me and arguing about how nigger is an insult to him because he doesn't like how it sounds but tried to make it look so that I was the one wrong and he right, but how can he be right just because he doesn't like the way "nigger" sounds? That's something personal, not me being wrong, you being picky. He didn't just say "I don't like it" or stop or whatever, he insulted me and said I was an asshole for saying that because I have no sense of humor etc., I muted him because he was being annoying to me and the players while nigger only startled him as I stopped until he said he'd report me for that, either way I stopped after "nigganigganigga" but he kept being annoying.

THIS!:heart:

And by the way, you want me to leave because 1 person felt insulted while dunno who of you guys annoyed A LOT of people with your zombie and keg spams in both war and roleplay.
    That, of course, isn't admin abuse and is being a good example. Yes indeed.

15. Hella

Kouji, I understand that it is used in America like that, but in the UK, at least, it's generally recognised as an insult. Personally, I'd consider it an insult too, in most situations, since it's sole cause for existence in the first place was for discrimination.

Wolf, if I counted right, it was 5 times, and he asked you to shut up after the first, second, fourth and fifth times.He called you an asshole after the sixth time because you plainly weren't acknowledging his objections to being called a nigger.
    I don't think he was insulted because he doesn't like the sound of the word, I think it was because of the meaning of the word in english, which he objected to.

That doesn't look like you stopped until he said he'd report you. Looking at the chatlog, you clearly didn't stop after then, either. Muting him because he annoyed you when you began the entire conversation about him being a nigger simply is a stupid course of action. You can just as easily ignore him, and then you wouldn't have been abusing your privileges!

We're not talking about abusing spawning right now, we're talking about this situation. If you want to talk about that situation, then bring it up in the Moderator convo.

Froghead48 likes this.
  16. Galen

Galen Haxor Staff Alumni Donator

Dude... saying stuff that's not okay is NOT the same as spawning kegs or zombies. It's totally not the same.

Froghead48 likes this.
  17. WolfosoBastardo

Neh I don't give a shit about it anymore, I wasted enough time trying to explain, Kouji even explained you how you can't say it's offensive as it is strictly personal, but NO, you keep on being annoying.

Yes, Galen, it's totally not the same: I am not ruining the game to anyone. He could have ignored me the same way I could have ignored him, I muted him because he was being annoying, I already said I'm sorry for having abused a little, but sure as hell it isn't the same as spamming shit on the server.

18. Bene

Bene Free cookies for everyone! ☭ Donator Tester

Calm down Wolf. You're not making sense.
    Even if language was as simple as mathematics (which it isn't, because words always have connotations) and you could just make up a formula like you do with X = not racist, Y = X --> Y = not racist - even then your argument was wrong and you say it yourself: "it's original value wasn't" racist - in a time where black people where enslaved. And you're right: if black people where still enslaved today it also wouldn't be considered racist because as a slave you don't have a voice and there is no way to complain about how people treat you or what names they give you. But fortunately we're not living in a slaveholder's society anymore and people can decide for themselves how they want to be called.

And don't come with "I can't be racist because I give everybody racist names and you must be more racist because you think races exist". I don't believe races exist, too. But racist discrimination does exist and it is usually targeted at people that have skin colours that are not considered "white". Even if you do call racist names to somebody that is usually not the target of such insults because in real live he or she is recognised as white - why should it suddenly not be an insult with racist roots anymore? Why shouldn't the person you targeted feel insulted?

So even if you don't "mean" something racist it can be because you're not the only one to decide about that. But don't be sad, it's quite easy to be called racist: stop doing racist things. And even if you don't want to understand what racism means: Not calling people names they don't want to be called is generally a good choice.

You do not have to answer any of this or defend yourself - just stop acting like this and also watch this funny video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=4gYM6_hcf1Q :)

Because there's a discussion about racism (at least I think that was ryu's thought). Black is a normal skin colour. Green and purple aren't ;)

Froghead48 and justi01 like this.
  19. Kouji

Kouji Cold, Uncaring, Sadistic, Evil and Cruel Meanie Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. REKINS OF SEAS: Super Crew of Ultimate Havoking 2: Return of King of KAG: Chapter 420blazeit - REKIN

Hella, you should go die in a pile of your own fecal matter and I hope suffocate in it (no insults used in there).

Basically insults depend on meaning not using a specific word. It's the internet, people can use words however you want, and if you get hurtmad because someone used a specific one, well that's your own fault. Think Vanguarde and the word "fag". Exact same thing, seriously. You can argue all you want, but it's the same thing.

The important thing as you said is how it was handled. Ignoring the words he used, were his actions acceptable? I'd venture to say no, because as you said, Terra was pretty calm about it the first few times, and muting for that alone as pretty asshole-ish.

Beef and Froghead48 like this.
  20. justi01

justi01 Haxor

You can easily tell that you're using "Nigger" in a negative fassion, though. While it's true that he was spamming a bit, It wasn't intentional. There's no reason to go ahead and call him a Nigger and continue it just to provoke him. Also, why would he ignore you when you're the admin? If it gets to a point where you have to go ahead and ignore an admin just to stop stuff like this, then you know there's an issue.

Froghead48 likes this.
Mods: jackitch