1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

[428] General Archer Discussion

Discussion in 'Archer' started by killatron46, May 14, 2012.

1. Shadowofgold

Shadowofgold Haxor

One thing that irritates me is when a tree is right next to a tower, and A: You move slowly up the tree instead of running up the side of the tower or B: Some builder refuses to cut down ANY OTHER TREE and prevents you from going up the tower until they have completely chopped down the tree.

feet and Gofio like this.
  2. Bunnyboy

Bunnyboy Haxor

Yes, annoys me too. But builders are builders, they don't care. When I build a tower, I use my common sense and DON'T BUILD NEXT TO TREES.

3. Shadowofgold

Shadowofgold Haxor

Or, ya know, cut down the tree in the first place and stick a wall on it. But that's when they start yelling 'No! Don't block our trees!' *looks around* "...There are like 40 more that AREN'T right here by the tower specifically made for archer climbing, perching, and sniping."

4. Jlordo

Jlordo Nobody Donator

I was wondering....
    is there a sweet spot when a knight is shielding so you can still hit him/her with a arrow?
    Like at the top of the shield?

5. ParaLogia

ParaLogia tired Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester Official Server Admin

His back.

feet, Froghead48 and MechaTrickster like this.
  6. KnightGabe13

KnightGabe13 Arsonist

You CAN sometimes also hit their heads if they're aiming their shields downwards.

7. One

One I got 99 problems and my name is One Donator Tester

When they aim downwards I am pretty sure you can hit most of their front.

Froghead48 and Ej like this.
  8. cmblast

cmblast Shopkeep Stealer

Does anyone else enjoy shooting a knight cooking a nade right before they throw it as much as ido?

9. Jlordo

Jlordo Nobody Donator

I mean when he is shielding straight and you are shooting at him on the shielded side. I it possible to hit him without arching the shot?
    Sorry if I didn't make my last post clear.:oops:

ME!MEMEMEME!
    Its better to shoot them when they are in the middle of a bomb-jump. :p

KnightGabe13 likes this.
  10. KnightGabe13

KnightGabe13 Arsonist

Sometimes, but there is always lag involved. :p

11. ComboBreaker

ComboBreaker Horde Gibber

Running keg holding kamikazees in the open field makes me giggle every time.

12. forest_fish12

forest_fish12 Builder Stabber

i like that they added water to the game. when someone builds an entrance right at the water line you can skip arrows across the water and across there bridge or there tunnel or entrance

Gofio likes this.
  13. Jlordo

Jlordo Nobody Donator

I think there should be a button you can press that causes you not to automatically climb trees. It will help when an idiot builds next to a tree and you wont be delayed. This has killed me many times when running away but the tree slows me so the knight can catch up and hit the tree.

Ala-Gold, KnightGabe13 and Jim_Dale like this.
  14. Gofio

Gofio Gunwobbler x3

yes, if you shoot the arrow just right it will hit him.
    it's easy: you just don't hit the shield, but let the arrow flies over the shield, and hit the head of the knight.
    so... actually there isn't a way to hit a sweet spot, but you can hit them without lobbing, using a lot of skill, luck, and stupidity of the knights on the other team.
    this is pretty hard though, so it probably wont work most of the time...
    </br>--- merged: Dec 4, 2012 7:51 PM ---</br>
    yup, its best if they are trying to bombjump!

I once shot an arrow at a knight: his bombs timer said forty, and he jumped.
    the arrow hit him, he fell down, the bomb exploded, and the tower collapsed!
    FIFTEEN KILLS
    (a builder was making the tower higher, the top part was basically a pile of stones with ladders behind them)

15. GloriousToast

GloriousToast Haxor Donator

posting here cuz i have nothing i want to say to gving archer traps
    Archers have a chance to get away, i mean more then enough chances to get away. Half the time they are so far away from combat, that if they lose the chance to get away they are dumb. I am not saying that they shouldn't get a falling buff which i totally agree with it's just Hawk you make them sound as if they got no chance.

archer suggestion:
    Do you think that if you hold down you automatically drop to the ground, without having to slowly descend the tree normally?

16. ParaLogia

ParaLogia tired Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester Official Server Admin

Well how would they "slowly descend the tree normally" then?

17. GloriousToast

they don't.

18. Verrazano

Verrazano Flat Chested Haggy Old Souless Witchy Witch Witch THD Team Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester
    1. Practitioners of War Extreme Revolution - POWER

They doesn't sound very fun, or usable considering, if you dance around in trees like I and many other archers that would suck.

19. GloriousToast

The idea would improve head stomping. I like to take a risk and try to jump on knights shields to break them and get a shot in but with trees i can't do that. They just stop me from falling.

What about if it were a double tap feature or a down + space bar?

20. Verrazano

Verrazano Flat Chested Haggy Old Souless Witchy Witch Witch THD Team Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester
    1. Practitioners of War Extreme Revolution - POWER

I just wouldn't use it, if I want to fall all the way down a tree I just cut it while I'm on it. You already have your feature right there ;)