1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you have a problem and need help, create a new thread with a title that briefly describes the problem.
    Do not use titles like 'Help!' or 'I have a problem!'
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

WiFi Issues.

Discussion in 'General Help' started by Conquerer, Oct 1, 2012.

1. Conquerer

Conquerer Shark Slayer

Dear Reader,
    Lately(The last month or two), my internet has been shutting down when I run KAG and open up 'Browse Servers'. I was wondering whether it was a virus or something of the sort. Please respond if you can help.
    -Conquerer

2. Brandon816

Brandon816 Ballista Bolt Thrower

Check if there is an updated wireless driver for your computer. If there is, install it. Also, try (TEMPORARILY) turning off your antivirus programs you have on your computer, and then running KAG. Then post back about whether or not either of those worked. (if it's an antivirus/firewall issue, it's better to fix the actual issue than leave it off, but easier to check for an issue by just turning it off)

3. Asu

Asu THD Team THD Team Forum Moderator

That not a virus.

Re-install the game.
    Update wireless drivers.
    Shut down antiviruses / Firewalls.
    And if your brother, your mother or other have an USB WiFi key, pick it up, and use it.
    If it don't work...
    Use Ethernet cable to connect with wire to your box.

BlauweSmurf likes this.
  4. Teemo

Teemo T͔̕e͖͚̖̯̩̪͙͝e͡m̖o̤̪͘ Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Try ethernet, probably using an old/bad/cheap router that can't handle UDP or anything above 1 pps

5. Conquerer

Conquerer Shark Slayer

Thanks, I think it's either an old one or just cheap. I'll try using a cable to connect my pc/box.

6. Brandon816

Brandon816 Ballista Bolt Thrower

Obviously, but that doesn't mean you should rule it out. Sometimes antivirus can go a little overboard on protection. Symantec has accidentally sent out updates before that would quarantine system files and break your computer.

Anyway, I had an experience where my AVG was interfering with the updater for Minecraft, and it wasn't a firewall issue either. As soon as I shut the resident shield off, it worked just fine. I thought it could be a possibility here.

7. Conquerer

Conquerer Shark Slayer

Ummm.... Im pretty newbie when it comes to anti virus stuff and shutting em down... Can you possibly give me help? Dx