1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you have a problem and need help, create a new thread with a title that briefly describes the problem.
    Do not use titles like 'Help!' or 'I have a problem!'
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

How to video your screen?

Discussion in 'General Help' started by Lord_bugg, Oct 14, 2012.

1. Lord_bugg

Lord_bugg Smashing Donator

The rules for reporting hackers and griefers says you need a video but a lot of people(me included) dont know what programme to download, how to install it and whether its a good programme. Does anyone have any suggestions for good videoing programmes and how to use them?

2. feet

feet Bison Rider

Most people use FRAPS. As for if it's good, I don't actually have it, so I wouldn't know.

3. ImAwesome

ImAwesome Haxor

CamStudio is pretty darn basic, and it runs on older computers.
    Then I recommend you google a program for converting videos to smaller sizes. ;)

4. Raron

Raron KAG Guard Tester

Screen-O-Matic needs no download and so you can start it in a second when you see a griefer/hacker.

5. Lord_bugg

Lord_bugg Smashing Donator

Thanks for the suggestions :D

6. MrDarkmole

MrDarkmole Catapult Fodder

I just wanted to make a video compilation of some cool and funny KAG moments.
    I first tried Camtasia... It doesnt work. This program just records the desktop.
    Then i tried fraps... its okay... You simply have to hit F9 and it starts to record. Again F9 to stop.
    But the game runs a bit laggy when im recording.
    In the free version you can record 30 seconds and theres a watermark on top of the screen.
    To rec some hackers 30 secs should be okay... :yes:
    have fun!

EDIT:the rec files are really big... 20 secs = 200-300mb

7. Lord_Slipper_IV

Lord_Slipper_IV Catapult Fodder

Ok there are many programs out there...
    -FRAPS: its not free, youtubers use it to record gameplay as it is very powerful
    -Camstasia: Similar to FRAPS but less powerful
    -Hypercam: pretty bad , records screen (bad quality) but does the job, sound input is very buggy.

I hope i helped you.
    </br>--- merged: Oct 21, 2012 3:08 AM ---</br>
    Oh and yes: the free version of FRAPS is 30 seconds, plenty for greifers.