1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you have a problem and need help, create a new thread with a title that briefly describes the problem.
    Do not use titles like 'Help!' or 'I have a problem!'
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Bomb jumping...

Discussion in 'General Help' started by Aevenien, Oct 6, 2012.

1. Aevenien

Aevenien Bison Rider

Hello everyone, I have problem with bomb jumping. I could do this and everytime I jumped I didn't die.
    Now, I changed internet speed for 512 kb/s (Ye, I know that sux, but it's free) and I just can't bomb jump without being dead. I tried about 50 times in various bomb timing - still dying...
    I have a question, is it problem with internet speed (I don't have lags ingame) or what? It's a bit important for me. Thanks

2. Contrary

Contrary The Audacious Paramount of Explosive Flight Donator Tester

Describe in detail what bomb jumping technique(s) you employ.

3. Aevenien

Aevenien Bison Rider

Reaching high tower, pressing C, waiting a bit and jump raising my shield up. It should work but it doesnt want to :(

4. Contrary

That's the scrubby way for scrubby scrubs. Try the drop and jump or the side throw instead.

5. -Tj-

-Tj- Sicarii Donator
    1. The Ivory Tower of Grammar-Nazis

^ Side throw is much better, you can get more timing, ofcourse, you can throw it on the ground, then jump from that, but side throw is much better(In my opinion anyway).

6. Aevenien

Aevenien Bison Rider

What is Side throw? Can you explain or give an example?

7. Jim_Dale

Jim_Dale Arsonist

Jump up, shield to the left or right depending on where you want to go, and throw the bomb. Of course the bomb has to be properly timed otherwise you'll have pieces of yourself all over the place or one big dumb-looking guy falling to his death.

If all else fails, just learn to stop worrying and love the bomb.

8. GloriousToast

GloriousToast Haxor Donator

i like doing the 'scrub way' as contrary calls it. only way to hit 100% if the conditions are right and any other way is can fail due to paper shield ness.
    the conditions for this is:
    1. jump off with 30 left on the timer
    2. dont touch the ground
    3. your ping (press tab to view it next to your name) has to be less then 100 so 100 and up just wont do

9. Contrary

Anyways despite that post primarily being a dig at people who do the held jump, I have noticed actual differences between how different bomb jumping techniques interact with lag. I haven't used them very much but held bomb jumps are a total glitch unlike the other form of bomb jumping and there have been steps taken to remove them from the game (can't remember exactly what atm) so it would stand to reason that that is the technique most prone to failure.

Anyways, try the other techniques and let us know how that works.

10. -Tj-

-Tj- Sicarii Donator
    1. The Ivory Tower of Grammar-Nazis

Wow, the normal way to do bomb jumping is a glitch? I never knew, thank you for that information. :)

11. Aevenien

Aevenien Bison Rider

Ah, that's the problem. I had about 60-70 ping, and now I have about 250-300...

12. MrDarkmole

MrDarkmole Catapult Fodder

I love watching knights jumping from towers and BOOOOM 25252525
    Funny Moments :D