1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

[514] GCake's Tower Design (Home Base)

Discussion in 'Building Critiques' started by GCake, Sep 26, 2012.

1. GreenArrow17

GreenArrow17 Shark Slayer

this is a decent building and all and would stop most attacks ,but i have to say i could termite the fuck out of this building,epecially the op one.but i have to admit the kneecapper would pose.quite a danger and sealing off a tunnel into the other side would be a challenge.

if i could,i suggest building a shallow spike pit to stop anyone running up to it and tunneling.but this would take a considerable amout of time to make.

i have to admit that every tower can be termiterd ,some more than others.

there are a few other things u could do to make ur tower alot better,these can be as simple as leting trees grow near the base of the tower to stop ladders and termiters.try making ur tower on a hill or any high ground to stop bjers and cata throws; like seriously dont go to all this trouble for someone to ladder horizontaly ova it.try to also try to seal the ground around the base of ur forrtres to stop knights mining under ur epic tower.do not by any means build on catacombes (tunnels i tink) or ur asking for trouble coz a builder will simply tunnel under it.try to not leave supplys in front of ur tower ,u would be encouraging builders.dont leave any "ruins" or blocks on the ground because u are giving enermys a place to bunker down and camp out .

there is much much more to say but the rest is basicly commonsense such as making ur tower higher than the one in front of it to stop bjers and such.

i dont usuly write so much but i see.that u have been taking advise and learning.i am.eager to see what u can create now.sorry bout the grammer , im using my phone (reely shit)

jack.

Froghead48 likes this.
  2. GCake

GCake Shopkeep Stealer

Seems like the allknowingfrog IS and allknowingfrog. Hmm...I actually hadn't considered that :( but VERY good point...I guess this tower is quite impractical in a real match, but then again the purpose for this is to provide a effective, last line of defence...so...I am thoroughly confuzzled :huh?:. I will get to making another tower ASAP, thanks for all the feedback guys!

3. Superblackcat

Superblackcat baideist baide Staff Alumni Tester

If you like spending the whole match making one tower... But thats the kind of people most people hate.

-Q likes this.
  4. Faustbyte

Faustbyte Catapult Fodder

If i was a knight attacking this i would do the following for the first tower:
    -Double slash the front doors.
    -Use three bombs to take down the inner base tower.
    -Go get more bombs, or ask team mates to bomb the rest of the tower.

For the second design i would:
    -Bomb the knee capper open
    -Get a builder to build a stone shield above the blue-circled trap so i can..
    -Bomb the right side support
    It will take atleast 6 bombs tops, or less with builders.

This will quickly take down the towers with less than two people but..
    This will require tons of teamwork, timing, and skill. Il need my fellow knights to distract the enemies, and my archers to help suppress enemy fire.

But my suggestion for you is to build a little pit up in front so the enemy cant bomb the base of the tower quite easily- it will just fall into the pit.