1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

FTL - Faster Than Light

Discussion in 'Other games' started by dragon4045, Oct 12, 2012.

Mods: BlueLuigi
  1. I'm pretty surprised that no one made a thread about it, or that my forum searching skills are too shitty and I suck ass.
    Link here:
    FTL

Kalikst, FuzzyBlueBaron and Beef like this.
  2. Utahraptor

Utahraptor Hulk Hogan Tester

Door opening simulator

Kalikst, Piano, HardPenguin and 4 others like this.
  3. Ne3zy

Ne3zy Haxor

this game is borring

Graver and WarrFork like this.
  4. Ranged66

Ranged66 Bison Rider

i love this game.
    how random it is, having crewmembers get eaten by giant alien spiders(they are no joke!)!

5. ComboBreaker

ComboBreaker Horde Gibber

I totally approve of this game.

-Its hard.No,its fucking impossible to beat type of game.Funniest thing?There are 2 difficulty settings - "easy" and "normal",but actually they are "with lube" and "without lube".I dare you to beat it on the first run.

-Roguelike gameplay.There are no win-win strategy,game loves to screw with you and give you a really powerful weaponry,when you cannot install it inside your ship at the moment or giving you big supply of missiles,when you do not have any missile weapons,forcing you to change weaponry.Every time you have to improvise and try and maximise effeciency of what you've got your hands on.

-Amazing soundtrack.

6. I play this game since it came out. Still can't get Crystal Cruiser. :QQ:

7. Drok

Drok Shark Slayer

It's a very good game indeed. You must deal with the unexpected at every time, from the weapons room going on fire to an unknown ship remotely disabling the O2 generator so you suffocate. A fair variety of ships, weapons, upgrades and random events means you don't see even 25% of the game when the adventure finishes.
    The bad side, however, is that past a few days you will have seen everything the game has to offer, and there won't be as much excitement each time you play again. Nevertheless, I highly recommend it.

8. Utahraptor

Utahraptor Hulk Hogan Tester

Agreed it is a good game but it feels like an unfinished product and the end game (final boss) was unfair to the point where you need every upgrade to beat him. So its more of grinding to make sure you have the equipment which is unnecessarily rushed by the rebel fleet taking away the exploration part. Call me casual but the pacing of the game ruined it for me I would have liked a slower paced exploration with focus on random encounters/missions ect. The framework is good and I look forward to some mods or perhaps a sequel.

9. Drok

Drok Shark Slayer

Yes, of course it lacks content: it left beta not long ago, give the poor devs some time! :D This kind of games see content added gradually (hopefully).
    As for the difficulty, I played mostly on Easy because Normal felt a bit too demanding and dependant on luck. Easy seems more relaxed and fun, but not unchallenging. The boss there is difficult but not impossible, and there are several good strategies you come upon after exploding several times. My favourite is a combination of boarding and missiles to their 4 artilleries, which relies little in luck both before (find items) and during (miss shots) the battle.
    Other players have said they didn't like the rebel fleet too, but it doesn't bother me too much. Visiting everything would leave the ship a bit op, too. Anyways, if you plan a good route you can go through ~50% or more of the beacons of each sector. If you make good use of nebulas and mercenaries, you can even visit up to ~85%
    The game may be a bit weak now, but I definitely hope to see it grow in the future. :r_flex:

10. ComboBreaker

Yeah,game is unfair,but thats why it is so satisfying to beat the final boss.Game felt a bit unfinished to me too,but still it is worth every dollar it costs.I have not had so much fun in a long time.

Besides,it has a wide mod support , so it will have added content pretty soon.

11. Wonkyth

Wonkyth More precious than carbuncles! Donator Tester

It draws it's difficulty curve from the Roguelike. Deal wit it. :B):

FuzzyBlueBaron likes this.
  13. Wonkyth

Wonkyth More precious than carbuncles! Donator Tester

Intentional. ;)

SlyStalker likes this.
  15. Bene

Bene Free cookies for everyone! ☭ Donator Tester

I'm pretty bad at this game. But I like it a lot.
    I play on easy and only unlocked one new ship and the second design for the ship you start with after many hours of playing it. One time I had a ship that had really good upgrades and I felt like I had a chance to beat the boss. But then he was just one step ahead of me and reached our base so I lost :(

Gofio likes this.
  16. Gofio

Gofio Gunwobbler x3

My friend did on the first time,
    but he already knew EVERYTHING there was to know by looking at info on the internet.
    for every situation he already had a solution, ready to be used.
    he's kind of a gaming genius.

I agree with you: this game is really F wordably hard.
    its because in contrast to other games, you actually have to think to win this game:
    if someone entered you base, and kills people, why not let air escape, and have him suffocate?
    theres lots of things one would never think about, but this game forces you to do so.
    its a friggin' hard game.

but thats what makes this game great: the fact that, even if you die a hundred of times, you still want to beat it.

17. Lord_bugg

Lord_bugg Smashing Donator

This is a great game. It has some very tactical and difficult gameplay. Also it sometimes tricks you, if those "refugees" say that they want you to take them to a certain place its likely theres a rebel fighter there waiting to try and kill you. Elements like this make it a really fun, intresting if sometimes fustrating and very very hard game.

SlyStalker likes this.
  18. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

What I really want to see is this with a multiplayer feature. :3

19. ComboBreaker

I cant imagine how multiplayer would fit in this game.It's main aspect is a long,continuos journey full of adventures and multiplayer's usual match length is not supporting it.

Gofio likes this.
  20. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

Imagine a Star Trek kind of setup where there are lots of ships all fulfilling their own missions but also meeting up and helping each other out on various missions. You could easily have multiple ships duking it out over the mining rights to a planet, or running around searching for the origins of a an artifact from an ancient race (and trying to stop others from finding it too!), or even just traveling in a convoy though some particularly dangerous area of space. There's a lot you could do if you're willing to be creative. :)

bandit4, Beef and Lord_bugg like this.
Mods: BlueLuigi