1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Some people think KAG is no longer fun; what do you think?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ImAwesome, Oct 26, 2012.

?

What do you think of KAG right now?

1. Great! This is the best KAG has ever been!

29 vote(s)
    18.4%
  2. Still fun, but older builds were a bit more fun.

45 vote(s)
    28.5%
  3. Still slightly fun, but older builds were way more fun.

19 vote(s)
    12.0%
  4. Bad.Old builds are the best.

2 vote(s)
    1.3%
  5. Just...just...terrible...

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. KAG WAS ALWAYS TERRIBLE AND IT ALWAYS F***ING WILL BE!!!!!!!!!!!11111

9 vote(s)
    5.7%
  7. Still enjoy it/just as fun.

54 vote(s)
    34.2%
  1. Beef

Beef ก็็็็็็็็็็็็็ʕ•͡ᴥ•ʔ ก้้้้้้้้้้้ Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

S-shut up baka ;_;

Shit's totally wrecked by the update. We (And by we, I mean Mason.) just bought a new server with a different company (cheaper than the last company to boot).

We should have Official MOLE Gold CTF up by tonight (I hope)! Gotta sort through the backups and junk.

Props to Mason and Jerloch for taking point on this.

FuzzyBlueBaron and Hella like this.
  2. Gofio

Gofio Gunwobbler x3

I think using KAG and boring in the same sentence should get you in jail.

3. Drok

Drok Shark Slayer

What is indeed hurting the fun is the melee gameplay. I has always been slightly random/laggy, but lately each encounter seems to be decided by a coin toss. Not a good thing considering that even with a perfect combat there often are less knights than necessary.
    It has been said better in the first page:
    This should be fixed as soon as possible, but understandably that is easier said than done.

Apart from that, it is common to feel that a game is becoming less fun as time passes, even if that is completely false. At least it's happened to me with every online game I've played, specially when the community changes considerably. For some reason, player number increases linearly while stupidity increases exponentially. But thankfully that hasn't happened to KAG (yet...).

Wixmef, Monsteri, feet and 2 others like this.
  4. miketh2005

miketh2005 Arsonist

Same. But I hope that will be able to be done with modding. Otherwise, fuck. =(

5. laurentiu

laurentiu Ballista Bolt Thrower

I find myself ragequitting KAG lately because of the monotony. It just doesn`t feel exciting anymore to build castles, especially when almost everytime there is a griefer or player that do not understands what you wanna build and they ruin it.

So all this boring moments are drawn, for me, by the lack of features. I mean I like action and alot of shit going on, what is still exciting is catapult wars where knights try protect their cata, archers try to take the other cata down before it happens otherwise etc. Player to Player combat is more and more abandoned because it`s just...too plain...

I`m not sure if this is because the game needs more balancing or variety, but nowadays, it`s enough for a team to have a better-than-the-rest-player and they are sure to win.

Personally, I`m really excited for the "Full Version" that will hopefully bring the roleplaying game elements KAG would really suit and the whole bunch of features.

6. Hella

Hella The Nightmare of Hair Global Moderator Donator Tester

Use the Action Unlimited and MOLE server at the right times, and you are bound to have at least several really good players already online. With a bit of luck, the teams will be fairly balanced, and, if not, go to the weaker team and make the difference. Being against greater odds is so much more fun than being a steamroller force.

FuzzyBlueBaron and Beef like this.
  7. D0ubl3Tr0ubl3

D0ubl3Tr0ubl3 Shopkeep Stealer

I find myself not going out and killing as a knight because it always lags and I get killed. Thats why I am now an archer.

8. Lord_bugg

Lord_bugg Smashing Donator

KNIGHT SURFING! has made kags water maps way more fun. Non premiums are really unlucky they dont get to surf...

Wixmef and Antman like this.
  9. Antman

Antman Base Burner

Just in the past few weeks I've been playing KAG more and more.. And I think lately has been the best time in KAG I've had in ages.
    Knight surfing is amazing :p

And the next big update is going to be even better from my experience so far in the test builds, can't wait :D

10. thebonesauce

thebonesauce All life begins and ends with Nu Staff Alumni
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. The Ivory Tower of Grammar-Nazis

Knight surfing?! What the hell am I missing?!

TahGamer likes this.
  11. Xlayer

Xlayer Haxor

You forgot the choice: "KAG is great and can't wait for future UPDATES."

12. Kripis0

Kripis0 Bison Rider

I like it just as much really.

13. D0ubl3Tr0ubl3

D0ubl3Tr0ubl3 Shopkeep Stealer

I liked the old version where you could build long skybridges without support.

14. Honestly... My two cents, if they are worth anything:

I'm well known as someone with a shoddy connection. That being said, I don't know what is going on, but multiple servers have glitchy teleporting all around. There is a minority in the community that take pride in being venomous to newbies, and that scares people off.
    I don't know where it came from, but they're poisoning the game for others.

FuzzyBlueBaron likes this.
  15. Iamaclay

Iamaclay Shark Slayer

Me? I've only been playing since June/July I think and frankly, the game has not changes considerably in that time. I do feel as if Knight play has gotten slightly less skill based but hey, I don't really know. Archers, well jumping around in trees, feels, less ninja-like as you can't break fall damage from trees and you seem to fall easily now. Bomb damage through blocks they break, is perfect. Now I kill unsuspecting builders sitting behind their fortifications or if htey block themselves up in teh middle of a battle-field.. BOOM. dead.:)

All in all, Keen for new big update and the game is largely still fun, it remains by what I know fundamentally unchanged.

16. BorderKeeper

BorderKeeper Tree Planter

In my point of view KAG is now a HUGE chaos ball that wastes tickets and the team that reaches 0 first loses or kills the rest.
    [​IMG]
    The solution might be to add more options to win. Like making tunnelling a viable option and/or putting back skybridges.

17. Hella

Tunnelling is still just as viable as it was in the early days?

thebonesauce likes this.
  18. BorderKeeper

In my opinion its too slow and requires too much coordination aka 1/3 defends 2/3 tunnels + easily counterable and defendable. But objectively It's a very boring option. That's why you don't see it very often.

19. Hella

Does that mean that you want tunnelling to be possible at a faster speed, and with less players having to commit to it?

20. BorderKeeper

Precisely. people don't do it, beacuse it rarely leads to succes and it's quite boring. It needs to be OPed. Im sure devs will find a way to do it. Or as I said, bring back skybridges and if they will not want to abandon the, "needs support to hold mechanic", they will need to make "support pillars building" more easy and safe.

Maybe add a new mechanic, that will allow knights to more competently defend builders in a fight.