1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Battlefield 1942 free

Discussion in 'Other games' started by Overlord, Nov 5, 2012.

Mods: BlueLuigi
  1. Overlord

Overlord KAG Guard Tester

Raron likes this.
  2. Im_a_Turtle

Im_a_Turtle Arsonist

YUUUSSS! Everyone prepare the ships! It's time to grab Forgotten Hope 1!

butterscotch likes this.
  3. Contrary

Contrary The Audacious Paramount of Explosive Flight Donator Tester

oh cool free bf19-

ORIGIN

rambo get me a gif of a guy turning around

Razi, Fate, GloriousToast and 4 others like this.
  4. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

xChapx, Fate and GloriousToast like this.
  5. Wonkyth

Wonkyth More precious than carbuncles! Donator Tester

Rambo, I think he meant the other kind of turning around. :P

Also:
    MAAAAAAAGAAAAAAAAAWD! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D::DD::DD::D:DD::DD::D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D::D:D:D:D::D:D:D:D:D:D:DD:D:D:D:D:D:D:D::D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:DD:D:D:D:D:D:D:D::D:D:D::D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:DD::DD::D:D:D:D:D::D:D:D::D:D:D::DD::D:D:D:D:DD::DDD:D::DD::D:DD:DD:D:D:D:DD:D:D::D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D::D:D:D:D:D:DD::D:D:DD::DD::D:D:D:D:D::D:D:D:D:D:DD:DD:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:DD:D:D:DD:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D::DD::D:D::DD:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D::D:D:Dowshitrsi:D:D:D:D::DD::D:D:D:D:D:D::D:D::D:D:D:D:D:D:::D:D:D:D:D:DD::D:D:D:D:D:D:DD::D:D:DD::DD::DD:D:D:D:D::D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:DD:DD:D:D:D:D:D:DD:D:D:D:DD:D:D:D:DD::D:D:DD::DD:D:D::D:D:DD::D:DFDnofackthathurts:D:D:DD:D:D:DD::DD:D:D:D:D:DD:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:DD::D:D:DD::D:D:D:DD:DD:D:D:D::DD:DDD:D::DD::DD:DD::D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:DD:DD:D:D:DD:D:D:D:D:D:D:DD:D:D:D:D:D:DD:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:DD:DD:D:D:D:DOuchyeahgottastopnow.

inactive_account likes this.
  6. dnmr

dnmr Ministry of ban Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

GloriousToast and Contrary like this.
  7. Well fuck it :>:(:

8. Wonkyth

Ah, already played a few dozen games! :D:D:D
    Nothin like shooting stuff in a spitfire. :3

9. Overlord

I'm willing to download this orange piece of shit for the beauty of mowing down Americans on Omaha : D
    btw i'm "soullcath" on origin

10. GloriousToast

GloriousToast Haxor Donator

waaaaaa i want to paly this nwo but im in clas D:

11. Wonkyth

Origin isn't actually that bad. Sure, there's the whole EA thing, and it's still the idiot child in Distributionville, but it hasn't caused me any hassles so far, and I've been using it for Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning for some time now.

12. Overlord

It isn't bad, its just an extra unneeded program to play their games with which is the annoying part.

13. Fate

Fate Studying seashells

Going by that logic, Steam, the almighty king of digital distribution, is a useless middle-man as well. Same goes for desura.

Either way, I'll check it out, only BF game I have played has been BF2, and I quite liked it, but my laptop was a bit too weak to play that. I hope 1942 runs better.
    Edit: Oh it looks like it'll run. Also, you can play for Soviet Union? Comrades! Give me my vodka and mosin-nagant.

14. Wonkyth

Hoping good ol' Desert Combat makes a revival. :D

15. Ranged66

Ranged66 Bison Rider

had the deluxe version.
    when i saw there was a omaha map, i thought it would have GOOD AI.
    i played it and saw the AI was bat-shit insane.
    i hoped for epic battles with machineguns and such.
    and i never got the hang on the artillery, didnt know what all of it ment. well ime play it NAO.

16. Rocinante

Rocinante Ballista Bolt Thrower

Wow, I have been playing this game for the first time over the last two days and I am stunned. :huh?: I missed out on the first decade but here's to another one!

Two questions though:

1. How do people fly planes in this game? Do they all have joysticks? It seems impossible to control them with a mouse and keyboard. I mean, I'm happy just manning a gunner's station but I am very curious and I am totally impressed by the people who can fly. Oh, very sexiful! :B):

2. What's the point of calling for artillery? Is there a way to know if your shots landed in a place you can't see or are artillery vehicles really just wonky tanks?
    </br>--- merged: Nov 21, 2012 12:36 PM ---</br>
    I also wonder what mods will work with this version?
    </br>--- merged: Nov 21, 2012 1:36 PM ---</br>
    Playing Battlefield 1942 in 2012: Resolution, FOV, AA fixes for BF1942

Installing Forgotten Hope on Origin's BF1942

17. Wonkyth

1. Flying takes practice. A good way to get this practice is to play The Battle of Britain against bots. Once you can keep in the air, and recover from a nose-dive, then you need to learn some practical applications of being in the air! :P
    Before you can start killing things other than yourself, however, you need to know how to get into a position to do that. Study these maneuvers and learn how to do them in at least the fighter planes.
    I should probably mention that no-one flies with the default camera mode! You'll want to fly with either the nose-cam or in 3rd-person.
    Once you can fly like a pro, combat is just practice.
    If you want to do more, well, practice. :P
    2. Depends very much on the map. Complicated.

Mods: BlueLuigi