1. If you have a problem and need help, create a new thread with a title that briefly describes the problem.
    Do not use titles like 'Help!' or 'I have a problem!'
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

KAG corrupting

Discussion in 'General Help' started by Ryuko, Nov 7, 2012.

1. Ryuko

Ryuko Catapult Fodder

Hello everyone.

Forums is usually I try to search but I cannot seem to find anything on this issue.

Recently when I play KaG something seems to get corrupted everytime I play and I am forced to redownload.

The file is always autoconfig getting corrupted, Was there a recent update that causes an issue with this? It seems to only happen when someone else with a clan tag joins a server I'm in, then next time I restart I'm forced to reinstall.

Is there any ways to fix this or prevent this?, Thanks for reading.

2. Kouji

Kouji Cold, Uncaring, Sadistic, Evil and Cruel Meanie Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. REKINS OF SEAS: Super Crew of Ultimate Havoking 2: Return of King of KAG: Chapter 420blazeit - REKIN

I assume you mean something about the "autoconfig is missing a ;" error.

If I remember right, that is caused by closing it down incorrectly or something, so it gets messed up. Either way, if it keeps happening, just make a copy of your autoconfig when it's actually good and put that copy somewhere else. Then you can simply copy that one if your autoconfig gets ruined again.

3. Downburst

Downburst Mindblown Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Someone else's clantag shouldn't change your autoconfig. Does your clantag contain a ` or ; or any other weird signs? These are know to corrupt your autoconfig.

Kouji likes this.
  4. Ryuko

Ryuko Catapult Fodder

I'll try that Kouji as I always just hit the red X to get out of it.

@Dawnburst I do not use clan tags, I am not in a clan as I'm a solo player, If Kouji's method does not work I will update this thread, if it does I will simply let it die :)