1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

WTF With Clans

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ainmire, Nov 6, 2012.

1. Ainmire

Ainmire Builder Stabber

What's happened with the clans?!:huh?:
    I was part of a couple of clans and most of them have disapeered!!!:>:(::huh?: :QQ:
    Where are they as they dont show up anywhere!!!
    Please respond as 1 of my friends clans has disapeered also!

2. SpideY

SpideY Hear Me Roar Staff Alumni Donator

There are groups and clans. If you are in several clans, you are a multiclanner and it can be a problem in the competitive scene.

Wear just one clan tag and be proud of it! Some clans were just erased maybe.

delankski and BeasterDenBeast like this.
  3. Kyzak

Kyzak Ballista Bolt Thrower Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

If you're talking about groups, they're pruned every month if they show no signs of forum activity; if a given clan is active in-game but doesn't post at all on the forums, why do they need a clan group anyway?

If they weren't pruned, they were deleted when we switched over to a new groups plug-in that isn't quite as broken and unfinished. Either way, they're gone for good, so the best thing to do is to make a new group; assuming people will actually join it, of course.

allknowingfrog, Razi and jerloch like this.
  4. Kouji

Kouji Cold, Uncaring, Sadistic, Evil and Cruel Meanie Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. REKINS OF SEAS: Super Crew of Ultimate Havoking 2: Return of King of KAG: Chapter 420blazeit - REKIN

Yes as Kyzak said, I cleaned up all clans that had no new posts within the last month. If you don't see them anymore, they were dead as far as I care.

I'd rather have them gone and clean that section up, than just leave them there forever.

delankski likes this.
  5. Xlayer

Xlayer Haxor

My group HAWK and a couple other ones I can't really remember (I think some xiaojin group) are gone. They just disappeared and I'm not really sure why. I didn't delete HAWK, it's just gone. :(

6. Kouji

Kouji Cold, Uncaring, Sadistic, Evil and Cruel Meanie Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. REKINS OF SEAS: Super Crew of Ultimate Havoking 2: Return of King of KAG: Chapter 420blazeit - REKIN

Merged your thread here.

If you don't use it, you lose it. I can't have so many dead clans everywhere. And if it's not dead, then actually use the group.

7. Xlayer

Xlayer Haxor

I was editing it like every other day before that hurricane happened. Then I couldn't get to it for a week and a half. :\ Oh well...

8. Mister_Meatball

Mister_Meatball Base Burner

I am not currently in a clan in KAG, nor will I be most likely (too many sooper stherius clan obligations elsewhere). That being said I understand and have a soft spot for a no-nonsense administrative style as presented by others above, too many dead clans can make a community look worse than it is. That being said, my leave of absence (again due to shupar shereeus clan obligations) since June would have meant any one-man-clan I was in would have been pruned as well, and for the better I believe. Inactivity can be as serious an issue as bad activity in any community.

3e0jUn likes this.