1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Merging of Australian Servers Lavalord & Kaizokuroof/BeasterDenBeast

Discussion in 'Server Directory' started by kaizokuroof, Nov 9, 2012.

?

Should Lavalord and Kaizokuroof/BeasterDenBeast's Australian server merge?

1. Yes.

7 vote(s)
    17.9%
  2. No.

3 vote(s)
    7.7%
  3. No, I prefer being able to choose the server I play on.

10 vote(s)
    25.6%
  4. Yes, I'd love to have you guys working together.

19 vote(s)
    48.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Mods: jackitch
  1. kaizokuroof

kaizokuroof Agkubuk|'Kaizokuroof' Cilobakil, Roofpointy Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. PumpkinStars - [Pk#] - Inactive

Hey guys,

Not sure where to put this thread as it is more a general discussion of an idea Lavalord and I have been throwing back and forth.

We're looking to merge our funds, and purchase a better VPS to host a bigger CTF map. While we've never been competitive in terms of trying to win over the players, our servers are in direct competition with each other and the Australian player base divided.

What our plan is: To create one join server, that will have both twists from both Lava and my own tastes of kag.

The server so far:

- 60 minute timed CTF server
    - A mixture between maps Lavalord and myself have created, as well as default maps.
    - Free healing.
    - 20gp Bombs
    - All workshops available to pubbies, including tunnels, knight and archer stands.
    - ~25 arrows when archers spawn.

All these are rough guides at this time and I may or may not have forgotten stuff, feel free to chime in Lavalord.
    </br>--- merged: Nov 9, 2012 10:46 AM ---</br>
    Please discuss, don't just vote, we want to hear your thoughts :)

2. lavalord

lavalord Haxor Staff Alumni Donator Tester

tis true^

Some other nice things not metioned
    nocollapsing_nearspawn = no
    can_glide_when_bombjumping = yes

kl4060 likes this.
  3. Antman

Antman Base Burner

"Yes, I'd love to have you guys working together."

Sounds great, so much that I don't even have a suggestion :)

kl4060 likes this.
  4. If it is at all possible, perhaps a rotation of game-modes would be nice. I'm thinking like a modded Siege mode, then a standard CTF time limit off, then CTF with tickets, then RTDM.

What do you guys think?

5. lavalord

There will be a CTF with an hour timer, a RTDM, a zombies and a clan server all up at the same time. As for siege were not going to steal that from soul.

kl4060 likes this.
  6. Antman

Antman Base Burner

What game mode is the 'clan server' be?

7. lavalord

for clan wars and for kai's clan 420's training i guess

8. Soul hardly came up with the idea, there was an american server that had a 'barbarians vs knights' style combat a coupla months back, but it went down I think. But yeah I forgot about that fact (Truthfully.)

9. As a precursor to my following opinion; I was only just told about this and have not been apart of any group discussion/s including Lavalord, Kaizokuroof and I.

I'm not going to lie, at first I was quite skeptical. Part of me just wanted to not give the idea a go. However, I thought I'd at least give Kaizo a chance. The least I could do was think about it for a while.

Then I thought back to all the times I had checked both server to see how many players each had. More often than not, both would have about 10 players a piece. Neither had enough for an intense game most of the time. It doesn't take a genius to see that if both merged together (in these instances) everyone participating would surely have a lot more fun. As stated above, this will also help with closing the slight division amongst the Australian KAG scene.

Now, the more I think about it, the more it grows on me. I'm not quite sure what's going to happen or whether it'll be positive but I'm all for giving this a go and seeing how it all works out. Assuming everything goes to plan, this should be awesome for everyone. :D

Lavalord/Kaizokuroof+Beaster; 2012

SARGRA13, GloriousToast, FG and 3 others like this.
  10. I support this, but i would like to request a Premium CTF server, if its possible. Also, where is this RTDM server?

11. lavalord

In the future when the new scripting build is out we will host one for premiums. Also to be clear this hasn't happened yet because we want you opinions, but so far so good.

Edit: Also i have been playing with the test scripting build and let me tell you, its pretty darn kewl

12. Antman

Antman Base Burner

Yeah the test build, albeit buggy as hell, is great.
    Once its released you better have a gold server up ;)

Any intentions for a sandbox server? Maybe on the clan server when it isn't being used?
    I know it's not as popular, but its the only vanilla gamemode I can think of that's not up there. :)

13. lavalord

Dont think we will host a creative as there are more popular ones out there. Eveb though aussies wouldnt get the best ping it doesnt really matter since its creative mode. And yeah we will def get a gold scripting server when it becomes public

14. zollie20

zollie20 Haxor

As a regular (when my internet allows), my first reaction was
    'HELL NO!"
    Buttttt, I've been thinking, and it does seem like the sensible thing to do.
    what will happen with the stats, though? I supposed only one will remain; question is, because of the monthly prize award thingo, I suppose this wouldn't happen until December...? Or get a head-start now.

15. One

One I got 99 problems and my name is One Donator Tester

Sounds cool, as long as I don't lose my admin

16. kaizokuroof

kaizokuroof Agkubuk|'Kaizokuroof' Cilobakil, Roofpointy Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. PumpkinStars - [Pk#] - Inactive

The merge, if it goes through, will happen at the end of the month (I think) I will talk to lavalord about setting in some competitions, as I'd still like to have them around, but keep in mind, we are spending that little extra money to bring the Australian KAG community a server they deserve, so we may have to discuss this further.

As for stats, we're not sure if we'll just merge the kills from both Lavalords and my own server, we were leaning towards starting fresh, as technically it's a new server, which although may be annoying for the players, could be good to set in some competition for fighting for a place in both KD and top kills :)

As for this months prize on my server, it will still go to the player with the top amount of kills.

Lavalord, Beaster and myself have not yet fully discussed admin positions.

17. HERaLD

HERaLD Shark Slayer

I personally prefer CTF with lives, so I'll be sad to see that go, but I'm fine with the merge.

XyellowX likes this.
  18. Antman

Antman Base Burner

I am undecided about this, I like last stands when they're not camp fests (But, they usually are..), and a timer removes that.
    And I also like the race against the clock to get the flag..

So I don't know which I prefer, I'd like to see it alternate though, or at least try it out.

19. Ravenplucker

Ravenplucker Builder Stabber

I'm quite sad about this. Without tickets it takes a goddamn hour before the next map rotates in if there's a stalemate. Also, there isn't any incentive for conserving lives, so it's just charge-charge-charge.

Just my personal experience, without the tickets I think "What's the point? Killing this guy doesn't do anything permenant. He's inconvenienced for 10 or so seconds."

I'm not sure if that will be different with this server, but that was my general impression with Kaizo's.

EDIT: On the server with tickets, I find the limited-unit endgames interesting to watch, and they usually don't even last that long. If it get's dragged out, the players get bored as well and mount an assault.

20. lavalord

I argued to keep tickets because i think it is better when both teams don't have noobs. But the current state of the Australian community which has an average of ~13, needs a gamemode which doesn't punish teams with noobs so i think this is the best option

Stevedog and Antman like this.
Mods: jackitch
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.