1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Is KAG dead?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Kersakof, Nov 18, 2012.

1. Kersakof

Kersakof Catapult Fodder

Iunno... it feels kinda weird a year ago when all the servers were up, and the zombie servers out I think before they were actually released, compared to now when I look up gold servers and I'm lucky to see 3 occupied.

It feels really... dead to me. Like something happened that everyone just gave up on this game all at once...

2. Creille

Creille Base Burner

I think you'll find it's quite alive!
    The player and server count is a lot more than there were last year.
    But a lot of old clans and players are stopping to play (example moi..) but we are getting a lot of brand new people on board, they just need to keep active so we can get to know them.
    As for the forums, it goes up and down with how much use it get's atm it seems not as popular as it was a few weeks ago..

And yeah gold servers just don't seem to be as popular as public. Sadly because they have tons of potential

3. Brandon816

Brandon816 Ballista Bolt Thrower

It does hurt that the player base is still divided across that last patch update, that you have to get manually. It was awhile into that before I updated, and there were a still a lot of players and servers running the old stuff.

Schizoid, feet, ToxicArcher and 6 others like this.
  4. Kersakof

Kersakof Catapult Fodder

I'm just saying every time I get onto KAG I feel dissapointed that there's like 100 gold servers and yet no one plays them...

MechaTrickster likes this.
  5. 3e0jUn

3e0jUn Catapult Fodder

I think the main reason isn't in numbers, it's because the game itself isn't interesting enough- there's just 3 classes and then theres just the goal of building a fortress and whacking everyone else into submission. The game should be more popular once it's been more developed, and hopefully the developers would add more content.

6. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

YES! KAG is totally defunct; which is why we're all here posting on the forums of a long loooong dead game. You can go home now. :huh?:

... :p

As a serious answer: it's probably a combination of people waiting for the scripting build, people being divided across the two different builds of KAG and simply there being more servers than there used to be (which means more servers to be empty).

Schizoid, feet, Bammboo and 4 others like this.
  7. Jackard

Jackard Base Burner

yea its done and so should you, RIP KAG :B):

8. GloriousToast

GloriousToast Haxor Donator

no its alive, pretty sure it is alive. i think that the game is a metapod turning into a butterfree when scripting comes out

BlauweSmurf and Creille like this.
  9. thebonesauce

thebonesauce All life begins and ends with Nu Staff Alumni
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. The Ivory Tower of Grammar-Nazis

So you're new, coming onto a game that some of us have been playing for well over a year now, saying that it isn't interesting because there are only 3 classes and building towers and fighting across maps isn't interesting... BOY, I SURE AM GLAD YOU CAME AROUND!

I've been around since January, and I've been pretty active the entire time. I know that I can open KAG right now and find a server that is completely full and have a good time.

neil_v and Froghead48 like this.
  10. GloriousToast

GloriousToast Haxor Donator

i have been here shortly before you and i cant >.> stupid action server being full 90% of the time

11. thebonesauce

thebonesauce All life begins and ends with Nu Staff Alumni
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. The Ivory Tower of Grammar-Nazis

Well, you know, admin being able to join full servers and all...

8^y I WARNED YOU ABOUT ACTION BRO

12. Kersakof

Kersakof Catapult Fodder

I just want an active zombie server I can go to that isn't too boring...

13. 3e0jUn

3e0jUn Catapult Fodder

You know how all of us get psyched about new games, right? And yes, I'm suggesting that people have been playing KAG for a long time, but without any new things whatsoever.

14. Jim_Dale

Jim_Dale Arsonist

Because if they've got two eyeballs in their eye-sockets and a couple of braincells in their noggin, they'll notice that, posted in the forums, there's >>> ONE ***HUGE*** FUCKING UPDATE <<< coming relatively soon.

15. (Keyterm relative up thar, Jimmeh)
    But my god, Don't hash on kag because there's only 3 classes. The games about skill, and the up-and-up players keep figgerin' out new shit that everyone else can use. New towers to go against, different fighting styles, and Contrary beating the brains out of anyone that isn't 5 archers and a knight at the same time.

16. SUKIDESUYO

SUKIDESUYO Shopkeep Stealer

I just stay with this game because i see it still has a lot of potential, maybe if the developers take too long. It will be dead... But they're quite active on their updating and keeping us up to date.

3e0jUn likes this.
  17. kl4060

kl4060 Haxor

The servers haven't updated to the new version of kag, wait about a week then all the servers will be back

18. D0ubl3Tr0ubl3

D0ubl3Tr0ubl3 Shopkeep Stealer

I'm kinda new... I guess. I'm not sure. Tell me whether I am old or new somebody please.

19. SUKIDESUYO

SUKIDESUYO Shopkeep Stealer

Just depends how long you've been with kag, On and Off? Active? If you're active then you're not new, and if you're on and off then i guess you're like me who's waiting for recode to get implemented. That's how i look at it.

20. Vidar

Vidar KAG Guard Donator Tester

It's the lull before the storm.

The legacy bugs and general drop in server populations are understandably frustrating, but only temporary. MM, Geti, and staff are working insanely hard to release their new King Arthurs Gold. So as a community, we fill the void in whatever way we can while we patiently wait. A lot of players are just taking a break. Big things are coming.

KAG is not dying, it's just beginning.

Schizoid, Jim_Dale, feet and 6 others like this.