1. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Red Master Race

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MrKaputtnik, Sep 9, 2011.

?

What's tha masta race?

Poll closed Sep 30, 2011.
  1. Red

47.8%
  2. Blue

52.2%
  1. MrKaputtnik

MrKaputtnik Shopkeep Stealer

I wanted to bring this up here, too, so: red is tha masta race

Discuss and vote.

Edit: Oh yeah, I don't care if you think this is stupid or whatever, at least vote. I want to see some results.

2. laurentiu

laurentiu Ballista Bolt Thrower

I vote for the option: ''None and both''

I think it`s pretty clear for all of us here that the two races dont have anything special of they`re own, and probably will never get to have. I prefer to be in the team that has a better fortress, but afterall there is no best race.

It all depends of the players and a little luck to get in the right team, but you can change your team so that is not a big deal. Saying red or blue is the mater race is kinda dumb and stupid, why would there be a master race? There has to be some arguments for saying a race is better, but it all depends of the players.

There are too many players and nothing special to a race to even bring up the discussions, maybe some will say:''Red forever!'' but that cause they`re favorite color is red. Afterall anyone can have a bad day, you could be pwned all day long without scoring even half of your deaths as kills, and sometimes you get some nice scores. But other than that there is nothing else you could use as an argument for saying one of the races is better than the other.

Anyway, its about about how well players play togever and how ''in the mood'' they are at that certain moment ;).

3. Monsteri

Monsteri Slower Than Light Tester

I prefer not to select my side because I get teamswitched so much.

4. MrKaputtnik

MrKaputtnik Shopkeep Stealer

It's from Ace Of Spades, if anybody played it on here.

5. Chosen

Chosen Shopkeep Stealer

You are trying to bring that bigoted name-calling war to here? If I remember it right... The greens started it. That's the main reason I became a blue. Other reasons was that greens thought they were playing Minecraft.

Can we PLEASE not get that stuff over here? It ruins communities, Ace of Spades in-game chatting nowadays is only "GREEN MASTER RACE"/"BLUE MASTER RACE"/"DIE TUNNEL RATS"/"DAMN BLUE CAMPERS". Every-damn-time someone dies, they'll start the name-calling war again. It leaves people open to attack, and it ruins a part of the fun.

What makes this even more stupid is that in Ace of Spades, we had actual reasons to dislike each other. Greens kept camping. Blues kept sniping, angering the greens. This was due to the way terrain was/is generated. In this game, sides have no differences, except for their colors.

[/rant]

6. laurentiu

laurentiu Ballista Bolt Thrower

What? You brought that shit here?

I honestly request deletion of this thread.

7. Contrary

Contrary The Audacious Paramount of Explosive Flight Donator Tester

Blue has two large advantages over red. Blue has joining player preference; in the event of numerically even teams a newcomer will default to blue, making it so that usually either the teams are equal or blue has an advantage. Red also has the disadvantage of the fact that the large HUD is on the left side, which obscures things that might have otherwise been in Red's view, particularly archers.

However red does have the advantage of easier access to E, F, and C while moving towards the enemy spawn.

Edit: In the very early days of KAG, before this forum, there was a clear pattern of blue building low, ornately decorated castles, whereas red would mainly attack, building only skybridges, walls for skybridges, and gold for vaults which they'd steal while all the blues were asleep. Of course, this was mainly due to the small playerbase of people who stuck to their favourite colour. ie. Matty would usually be blue and he liked to build things a lot and David liked to grief and build skybridges. But this is no longer relevant due to the larger teams and greater necessity for balance.

I tend to find myself on red most of the time, though.

Chosen and MrKaputtnik like this.
  8. Carver

Carver Meitantei-san Donator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

Hah Contrary, wonderful analysis, I'd never have thought it as far out as keys. (Though I remember you mentioning that HUD issue before). Anyways, I'd say it's anybody's game, but I prefer blue.

9. Kyzak

Kyzak Ballista Bolt Thrower Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

As they say, better dead than Red!

10. Utahraptor

Utahraptor Hulk Hogan Tester

I like playing red way more.

11. Strech

Strech KAG Guard Tester

Bullshits. Red is the master.

12. Overlord

Overlord KAG Guard Tester

Well said and I would like to see this fixed pronto.

13. Neat

Neat King of the Dead Donator Tester

Personally, I prefer the air.

I mean what?

No purple blatantly win, hands down. Comon. You all know purples the best...

No seriously blue rocks your socks.

14. Overlord

Overlord KAG Guard Tester

I see we got a SSBB player here, and yes purple is the best I fight and die for them!!!

15. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

"Blue is better, Green is gay"
    Oh no wait that's AoS speak.

...Doesn't quite work as well with red in there though.

Either way I kind of like a bit of rivalry between the teams as long as it doesn't actually devolve into "x master race" spouting. Perhaps we can just make that an instabannable offence.

I'm blue through and through, keep getting stuck in those damn red garments at the moment and it just doesn't feel the same. MM's the other way around I think.

I'm considering having some difference between the teams but at the moment it's just what Contrary's said - and we're leaning towards a topbar for the HUD soon anyway.

16. Utahraptor

Utahraptor Hulk Hogan Tester

Each side should get their own coat of arms, this would be awesome and give shields some personality.

17. t3hk0d3

t3hk0d3 Shipwright

Better Red than Gay Blue

18. Chosen

Chosen Shopkeep Stealer

Don't we already have that? Press backspace while in-game, and behold!

What do you mean with 'E, F, and C'?

Edit: Why does everyone have Shadlingtonesque avatars?

19. Contrary

Contrary The Audacious Paramount of Explosive Flight Donator Tester

The keys E, F, and C. Used for throwing, bombs/item selection, and giving respectively.

Not everyone has Shadvatars. I think wondering why people are without them is a more important issue.

20. Chosen

Chosen Shopkeep Stealer

Hence I just made one. Please wait while I upload it :)
    Edit: Done. Hooray for the meritoshadlingtocracy :D