1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Some people think KAG is no longer fun; what do you think?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ImAwesome, Oct 26, 2012.

?

What do you think of KAG right now?

1. Great! This is the best KAG has ever been!

29 vote(s)
    18.4%
  2. Still fun, but older builds were a bit more fun.

45 vote(s)
    28.5%
  3. Still slightly fun, but older builds were way more fun.

19 vote(s)
    12.0%
  4. Bad.Old builds are the best.

2 vote(s)
    1.3%
  5. Just...just...terrible...

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. KAG WAS ALWAYS TERRIBLE AND IT ALWAYS F***ING WILL BE!!!!!!!!!!!11111

9 vote(s)
    5.7%
  7. Still enjoy it/just as fun.

54 vote(s)
    34.2%
  1. Zekkithor

Zekkithor Shipwright

I don't really see why you'd want to tunnel anyway, because of the lack of success as well as losing the tunnel being quite possible. With knights only tunneling a single builder can stop your advancements with 100 stone easily (Unless they squeeze which is naughty) . Also if builders are tunneling it just takes a single bomb to knock them all out leaving, if your team were organised enough, a few knights left to defend/dig some more. Which just leads to the enemy rofl stomping you back down your tunnel with half their team, since their walls are probably doing fine losing the 2-4 people busy tunneling not assaulting them/ helping with defences, more than likely blocking it with a shit ton of doors just to spite you. It's a lose-lose tactic unless it's to pass like a single structure, say whatever was built surrounding the other teams flag.

Also, Skybridges. No. Just no.

2. MINIMAN

MINIMAN Shark Slayer

Kag is still fun.
    Its just because all your mates (online or whatever friends) stoped playing.And if you get bored,try out new things! try to become builder and crush your enemies castle or try and bomb jump,double bomb jump or even triple~!
    Try and go up front as an archer and snipe them up close.
    Sky bridges are shortend' on some servers to your taste.If your too pro' (as you think :p) go on a laggy server.

3. BorderKeeper

BorderKeeper Tree Planter

Zekkithor: As I see it KAG just needs more options to win a game. Right now it's very straight forward.
    I know somebody mentioned the gold vault mechanic which could be interesting.
    Miniman: To this date there are not many options as in which server you want to play. The only steadily populated server(When I'm online) is [bhtp]Mainserver and Twenty thousan tiles sometimes.

4. thebonesauce

thebonesauce All life begins and ends with Nu Staff Alumni
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. The Ivory Tower of Grammar-Nazis

BorderKeeper: RIGHT NOW it's very straightforward...cough

Anyway, I swear I must be the only one that remembers to fortify tunnels and place traps everywhere and not just doors the whole way. You need to install ways to kill the enemy when they try to get through, because doors are easily destroyed. Also, simply stoning up a tunnel is a bad idea because not only does it completely ruin all progress you've made, but it also isn't much of a deterrent as many people just dig AROUND the stones you place.

All in all, tunneling can still be incredibly lethal on servers with darkness, but it's never done right so I never bother with it. I still see kids starting a tunnel from behind their base, from directly under the flag, and never even putting DOORS inside.

Also, fuck skybridging. Do you even remember how much skybriding broke the game? Most games were literally just a race to see who could build higher and immediately built a spacebridge to drop bombs/arrows/etc on the other team. It's horrible and I still cringe when I see shit like that.

Do you wanna know what the average match looked like before support mechanics were reimplemented?

[​IMG]
    This is literally the worst thing. The WORST thing.

FuzzyBlueBaron, Kyzak and Beef like this.
  5. Jackard

Jackard Base Burner

People that support (HEH) skybridging are monsters.

thebonesauce likes this.
  6. At least it was good to grow up in the era of skybridge. I think people are lacking combat skills now because they're not used to starting every fight stunned and down a heart. Or being ridden like the camel of the century.

FuzzyBlueBaron and Beef like this.
  7. Kersakof

Kersakof Catapult Fodder

Skybridging was fun to have everyone drop unexpectedly onto the enemy's tower, and whether or not they got in was situational. It'd just be nice to have an easier way to build supports for the water levels, since that seems to be their main issue.

8. (Possibly dropping a sticky stone block straight down that stacks up?)
    But this isn't really a forum about new blocks. I still question the idea of making no darkness. I don't want Kag to be THAT classic :D

9. Iamaclay

Iamaclay Shark Slayer

I started playing when the game (classic) was almost complete. Couple months in they reverted to "classic" lighting:( . I am now sad that I can no longer hide, tunnel or build hidden traps any more:QQ: . Also I love the idea that you could seal up a tower and make it a huge black scary thing that the enemy weeps before while you scurry around hidden inside.:D

BRING BACK DARKNESS I SAY, BRING IT BACK. :knight:I SHALL FIGHT IF I MUST!!!

10. thebonesauce

Uhm... You're a premium member... Gold servers still have darkness!

11. BorderKeeper

There's no gold servers that are populated at the moment. bhtp mainserver is the only one server with decent latency and it's not gold. Mole server was the only gold server, decent enough to play (even though the latency was dreadful for me).

Water is a bad mechanic right now. It just resolves into camping archers either side and the battle is decided, when either team drops to 0 tickets.
    To conclude, it all leads to the issue of having one way of winning a game, that is direct assault. With skybridges you could flank them by air with tunnels you can flank them undergound. Right both of those options are out.

12. Kouji

Kouji Cold, Uncaring, Sadistic, Evil and Cruel Meanie Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester
    2. REKINS OF SEAS: Super Crew of Ultimate Havoking 2: Return of King of KAG: Chapter 420blazeit - REKIN

You are currently out of date. You'll need reinstall kag to get the new update.

13. BorderKeeper

My whole life was a lie. Seriously though, how did I not notice :huh?:. I played with a member of BoW yesterday on [bhtp]Mainserver.

EDIT: On this reinstalled version, theres actually less people :D But spread on more servers. I'm confused

14. Hella

Hella The Nightmare of Hair Global Moderator Donator Tester

My god, I forgot that builders have had digging removed! They can't tunnel at all! Holy hell! Bombjumping is gone too?!

And advancing in the conventional way is outmoded? What will they remove next?! Maybe catapults won't be able to launch people over the enemy lines in the way that skybridges used to be able to do, only in far more overpowered manner?

Teamwork is impossible to comprehend? Tell me something new. Maybe we should just forget this whole idea of 'teams', which have worked so well for, well, a year and a half, and we should turn the entire game into a free for all, without any objective!

...but seriously, tunneling is still an option, and there are a fair few ways to advance that don't simply involve bridging over the game. It's supposed to be a challenge, you don't get served the enemy flag on a silver platter.

thebonesauce likes this.
  15. Rusher

Rusher Catapult Fodder

Good times when knights can cutting rocks with his sword....

Or great fights with bash shields...throw enemys to other side of map is really funny..

Now it's just jab jab.. jump and jab...

16. GreenRock

GreenRock Base Burner

...and bombs. Explosives make everything fun.

17. thebonesauce

I dunno who came up with that Collapse game mode, but it's pretty genius. Ton of fun over my lunch break at school and insanely hectic! We should have more shit like that. More creative ideas. I miss Strathos' Bouncy Boulders and Donkey Kong game modes. They were clever and original ideas, not just constant CTF or RTDM. Think I might try and cook something up tonight... Like a single player adventure mode using the Zombie Fortress configs. Think that would be fun?

FuzzyBlueBaron and Beef like this.
  18. Beelzebub

Beelzebub Ballista Bolt Thrower

I, for one, miss the days when being caught in a bomb's explosive radius gibbed you no matter how close or far you were.

Beef and thebonesauce like this.
  19. thebonesauce

Ahhh, the good old days of Bomberman style bombs. I miss them.

20. BorderKeeper

I always through that rogue-like semi-RPG out of zombie fortress would be cool. Idea of having 30 people with small groups that have their own bases. I guess it could be managable, but you would need to add an ability to lock doors.