1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Indie Games; post some of your favorites!

Discussion in 'Other games' started by thebonesauce, May 9, 2012.

Mods: BlueLuigi
  1. Sarmane

Sarmane Go Tau'va yourself San Diego. Donator

http://www.robertsspaceindustries.com/star-citizen/

Not sure if the last day is available by the time you guys read this but, give it a year and you have access to the alpha for star citizen!
    Apparently just awesome, so awesome in fact it has 4 and a half million in the bank for its development by kickstarter (67,000 donators so far).

Gofio and dnmr like this.
  2. Wonkyth

Wonkyth More precious than carbuncles! Donator Tester

Hero U: Rogue to Redemption is a game being developed by the creators of Quest for Glory, so if this isn't your response:
    Then there's something wrong with you, and you ought to get that checked out.
    It's kickstarter is 54k away from it's 400k goal, and has 37 hours left at time of writing.
    WHY ARE YOU STILL HERE GO THROW MONEY AT THEM! >:O

SARGRA13 and FuzzyBlueBaron like this.
  3. Rocinante

Rocinante Ballista Bolt Thrower

I didn't last very long and I'm too scared to open up the .exe file again but maybe others will fare better:

[Remember to extract it from the .zip file. Don't just run the .exe from the .zip)
    http://www.freeindiegam.es/2012/11/imscared-ivan-zanotti/

It's a horror game that fucks with you even when the game isn't running!

4. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Please, please, please, please, never, ever, ever again recommend Norton or McAffee.

5. Gofio

Gofio Gunwobbler x3

I have Avast, is that a good one?

6. BlueLuigi

Yes

7. Gofio

Gofio Gunwobbler x3

=D
    thanks.

8. Rocinante

Rocinante Ballista Bolt Thrower

This looks promising:

DEFENDER'S QUEST (A demo—it isn't a browser game.)

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012/01/24/hours-of-towers-defenders-quest/

9. Wonkyth

Defender's Quest is gold.

10. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

Yeah, I know, but I was tired when I wrote it up. :p

Gofio and BlueLuigi like this.
  11. Just played this old-school platformer of sorts called Viriax. You're a parasite trying to infect parts of the human body. Lotsa powerups and lotsa enemies (most explained away as 'nanobots' injected in to try and get the viriax parasite to evade them). Sorta like a top-down shmup, except without bullets.

It's great fun.

thebonesauce, FuzzyBlueBaron and Beef like this.
  12. Sarmane

Sarmane Go Tau'va yourself San Diego. Donator

13. xChapx

xChapx Ballista Bolt Thrower

lurking in the haven and hearth forums i found this game that is currently in pre-closed beta it is named "Topia Online" it is like haven and hearth, haves permadeath and stuff but in this game you can choose different races (humans, orc, wolf, slime , dragon) this games haves a built in scripting system (that lets you make AI) and other stuff descripted in the game page

http://topiaonline.com

goodyman8 and Beef like this.
  14. Beef

Beef ก็็็็็็็็็็็็็ʕ•͡ᴥ•ʔ ก้้้้้้้้้้้ Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

I've played scripting games, I've played player run games, and I've played permadeath games, but never all three at once. Signed up for the beta!

Doubly excited after reading this. Sounds like they share a lot of my concerns and desires!

Monsteri and xChapx like this.
  15. superpokes

superpokes Bison Rider

16. Wonkyth

17. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester

BlueLuigi and xChapx like this.
  18. I got 2 people on the Starbound forum to pledge, I have done my part. It's gonna need a miracle to reach the goal. D:

19. FuzzyBlueBaron

Yeah. :( I'm fully expecting it to not fund, but the thought that it just might make it brings me closer to squealing like a 14YO girl than I'd care to admit. :3

CheeseMeister likes this.
  20. BlueLuigi

Seems like it'll be great if it gets funded, but I think that there are so many games in the past 6 months funded and so OVERfunded that still somehow have shown very little/no progress that people are starting to grow hesitant of the Kickstarter wave.

Shame, even how 'cynical' as some would put it I am, I've pledged in quite a few and love the kickstarter idea ;_;

Mods: BlueLuigi