1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Browser games

Discussion in 'Other games' started by xChapx, Nov 10, 2012.

Mods: BlueLuigi
  1. xChapx

xChapx Ballista Bolt Thrower

In this post we are going to post and discuss web browser games, i will start

Ikariam www.ikariam.com

This is a MMORTS game where you can build your empire, you start in a random island with different players, you have to start building your first city and recollect resources , with the enough resources you can do different things like building barracks, shop, depot , upgrade your city wall, buy units or advance in technologies , in late game you can start wars, build more cities or make an alliance with other players, you can do more things but i will let you discover them.

will post more browser games later

2. Bene

Bene Free cookies for everyone! ☭ Donator Tester

3. xChapx

xChapx Ballista Bolt Thrower

4. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

There aren't many, most are aimed for kids to enjoy during school or to follow the Farmville style craze of 'Slowly increase numbers by sitting here or pay us in small increments to raise your numbers'.

My fellow Jewbrethren tend to make these latter forms of games, and it shows.

Gofio likes this.
  5. Bene

Stop trolling

6. Gofio

Gofio Gunwobbler x3

Its not trolling if its true.

7. Kouji

Kouji Cold, Uncaring, Sadistic, Evil and Cruel Meanie Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. REKINS OF SEAS: Super Crew of Ultimate Havoking 2: Return of King of KAG: Chapter 420blazeit - REKIN

So basically Ikariam is the same as Evony, War of Legends, Civilization World, eRepublik, etc? I personally don't find them that interesting. Click here, wait, click here, wait, click here, wait, click here and here, wait, click there, wait, etc. I honestly don't know how people actually find them fun, but whatever, let people do what they want.

Fantastic Contraption is a classic one for me. I enjoyed playing it when it first came out. Simple and fun. I actually did pay for it to unlock the extra levels, and I found it worth it. I find simple physics games interesting like that I guess, as long as they are done well.

Froghead48 likes this.
  8. Mazey

Mazey Haxor Global Moderator Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Official Server Admin

I enjoyed Dragons of Atlantis for a long time, stopped with it now though.
    Yes, it was a little bit like thos stupid games Kouji mentioned but there was something unique in it.
    It had a build-in chat and a clan system, you could really attack others and so forth, really enjoyed.
    Train units and get power due building training an outposts with dragons.

They changed the graphics now, don't like it :/
    Also they have made it you can raise dragons (eggs) now but I liked it more before because you could have only the 8 dragons on time and a outpost for each one but now it gets a little bit unlimited.

9. GoodleShoes

GoodleShoes Catapult Fodder

I used to play Stick Arena competitively. Yes, I'm serious. They actually had a large thriving scene for the longest time. (I don't know if they do anymore though.) It's a pretty great game and people get serious with it.

10. Bene

I ask myself: why do you like these cow clickers? What is interesting about that procedure: click a picture - wait - it turns into another picture, number counts up - click it again. Do you pay money so you can click faster at pictures? Sorry, this may sound sarcastic but without joking - I really want to know your motivation behind this.
    I know some people play it because they procastinate and that's the dumbest thing they can find do kill time. Others want to know what's coming next. But that's it?

BlueLuigi likes this.
  11. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Some people see through and see the banal base schematic as you do, and trust me as thinking of interesting mechanics for games I always seem to come back to all of these games dumbing down to that unless they are fast paced, so I understand.

The thing is, they add a layer of interest that is just enough to keep idiots entertained so they will make excuses for themselves when they find it fun "but it's fun" "it's a destresser" "it helps me deal with my anxiety" "it just feels good" "it's fun, why do you have to analyze it", etc, etc. Whatever the reason, people will defend it themselves, because it's so base and easy to understand that their mind can actually put it to the back of their mind and forget that they already chalked it down to being nothing, simply because someone affronted their method of enjoyment.

12. link6155

link6155 Haxor Staff Alumni Tester Official Server Admin
    1. SharSharShar - [SHARK]

Here is a somewhat good game: platform racer 3 . It's basically a 2d platform racing game (as stated by the name), however, it has other gamemodes such as deathmatch. It has a really powerful map editor and such for creating maps. Unfortuanatly, since crappy sparkworkz host it, it often gets too laggy to log in.

13. Fate

Fate Studying seashells

I used to play Adventure Quest a long time ago, it was fairly interesting.
    Also, I would have kept playing Dead Frontier if they hadn't ported it over to the Unity engine (or at the very least, give a damned desktop client).

xChapx likes this.
Mods: BlueLuigi