1. If you have a problem and need help, create a new thread with a title that briefly describes the problem.
    Do not use titles like 'Help!' or 'I have a problem!'
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

How are set different sprites for each team?

Discussion in 'Server Help' started by maple38, Dec 6, 2012.

1. maple38

maple38 Catapult Fodder

I'm admin but
    I was applied 'knigntFemale.png, MaleHeads.png' Is it just me, or seems
    How to let everybody look can be applied?
    sorry i can't Eglish...

2. Downburst

Downburst Mindblown Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester

You can't change the server's sprites yet, you can only change the sprites on your client's side. So only you will see the changes.
    Change the sprites that are on your PC.

3. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

You can make your server look for a different file for the other team, BUT here's the problem, you cannot send them files from the server, so you need them to actually add the files themselves manually.

So if you set Red Team to have 'knightREDfemale.png' every person who goes to your server needs to have that file, because of this it is recommended to NOT use this feature, or if you do so lock your server and put the password with the files to download so that they will have the files before they go on.

4. Ulthuanelf

Ulthuanelf Shark Slayer

Everyone sees the sprites as in their own texture pack. If you edit your texture pack (or part of, like the heads) the changes will APPEAR to apply to everyone. To them, everything will look normal.
    Likewise, someone on your server could be using a texture pack without you knowing.
    That's why some servers demand you download a texture pack first. Usually modded ones.

5. maple38

maple38 Catapult Fodder

thanks you very much : )